PDA

View Full Version : sex ratio

k1ll1ng j0k3
11th Feb 2009, 20:10
I would like to know what is the sex ratio for the people that are anxiously anticipating this awesome game! I would say 95 to 98% are males?

HystericFreak
11th Feb 2009, 21:08
Gosh, I hope not. Most studies have found that 40% of most online gaming communities are female, though many tend to be quiet. We do actually play games, and there are actually quite a few of us. Sometimes it takes a bit to get us out in public though. =P

So yes, I'm female, and I will be playing. Think I've seen a few other women around, but I'm just guessing by the way they type. It's nice to know there are some other fangirls like me around, hehe.

k1ll1ng j0k3
11th Feb 2009, 21:23
Gosh, I hope not. Most studies have found that 40% of most online gaming communities are female, though many tend to be quiet. We do actually play games, and there are actually quite a few of us. Sometimes it takes a bit to get us out in public though. =P

So yes, I'm female, and I will be playing. Think I've seen a few other women around, but I'm just guessing by the way they type. It's nice to know there are some other fangirls like me around, hehe.
Yes! it is awesome to see fangirls here! not only of games but of batman as well! :nut: dream girls! lol

angleslam99
11th Feb 2009, 22:01
It's a good thing that about 40% of gamers are female, or else that would make men look incredibly pathetic

kenny3090
12th Feb 2009, 01:42
hahaha its good to see some fangirls of batman!
they're usually all for...gah...spiderman:mad2:

Stealthguy1986
12th Feb 2009, 04:13

Yup it's always nice to have some fangirls around and in the future I wish to see the female's ratio rise to 60 -70%. By the way, are u a fan of tomb raider??

Kai Rei
12th Feb 2009, 08:40
By the way, are u a fan of tomb raider??

And thus, the beginning of a new couple begin's...

Drazar
12th Feb 2009, 09:16
hahaha its good to see some fangirls of batman!
they're usually all for...gah...spiderman:mad2:

Oh please lets not go into stereotyping and jumping to conclusions when it comes to personal opinions please! ;)

HystericFreak
12th Feb 2009, 09:18

lmao, I don't think my boyfriend would appreciate that. =P And yes, I enjoy Tomb Raider, mainly for the jumping around in pretty places!

Stealthguy1986
12th Feb 2009, 17:31

lol!!!!

Stealthguy1986
12th Feb 2009, 17:43
lmao, I don't think my boyfriend would appreciate that. =P And yes, I enjoy Tomb Raider, mainly for the jumping around in pretty places!

Yeah the movements of tomb raider are very sleek in nature. Anyways from my experience with girls, I have seen they have very little interest in comics or video games. But u seem a bit different . So why do u like batman ?

k1ll1ng j0k3
12th Feb 2009, 17:56
lmao, I don't think my boyfriend would appreciate that. =P And yes, I enjoy Tomb Raider, mainly for the jumping around in pretty places! Your boyfriend is a lucky guy! I hope he is as into batman as we are. My girlfriend loves batman, not so much into the comics but she loved the movies and she is a huge fan of The Animated Series, she is not into videogames except Mortal Kombat but I am sure she will play this one.

HystericFreak
13th Feb 2009, 01:21
Yeah the movements of tomb raider are very sleek in nature. Anyways from my experience with girls, I have seen they have very little interest in comics or video games. But u seem a bit different . So why do u like batman ?

lol! Well, mainly because I like the fact he's just a normal guy who does extrodinary things; superman is a ponce. =P That and I love the Joker and therefore I adore Harley, so it's a mix of happiness really.

And I have a major interest in video games, I study Games Graphics Design currently, so am a major geek. Though a lot of the girls I went to school with weren't interested in games, I've met a fair few through my course and their friends. We are difficult to hunt out though because the majority of girls who are interested in gaming don't look like geeks in the slightest. (ie we don't all wear baggy tshirts and jeans)

k1ll1ng j0k3
13th Feb 2009, 01:35
lol! Well, mainly because I like the fact he's just a normal guy who does extrodinary things; superman is a ponce. =P That and I love the Joker and therefore I adore Harley, so it's a mix of happiness really.

And I have a major interest in video games, I study Games Graphics Design currently, so am a major geek. Though a lot of the girls I went to school with weren't interested in games, I've met a fair few through my course and their friends. We are difficult to hunt out though because the majority of girls who are interested in gaming don't look like geeks in the slightest. (ie we don't all wear baggy tshirts and jeans) you know other girls that are into videogames? you should start a dating website lol :rasp:

HystericFreak
13th Feb 2009, 01:46
rofl! Actually, maybe that's not a bad idea.. I could totally get rich off geeks!

I mean..

No, I meant that. XD

k1ll1ng j0k3
13th Feb 2009, 15:38
rofl! Actually, maybe that's not a bad idea.. I could totally get rich off geeks!

I mean..

No, I meant that. XD I am telling you! you would make a lot of money! Oh God I created a monster didn't I? :D

Kai Rei
13th Feb 2009, 16:38

I mean..

No, I meant that. XD

Yo milkshake be bringin' all da b!tches to the yard, aight!

k1ll1ng j0k3
13th Feb 2009, 18:11
Yo milkshake be bringin' all da b!tches to the yard, aight!
it might be me but I don’t think that that’s the most effective way to convince her, but I praise you for your persuasive power :scratch:

Keir
16th Feb 2009, 14:51
I just spoke to the brand manager on B:AA and apparently it's nearer 90%

k1ll1ng j0k3
16th Feb 2009, 15:49
Thanks! you guys are awesome!:thumbsup:

Stealthguy1986
16th Feb 2009, 18:35
lol! Well, mainly because I like the fact he's just a normal guy who does extrodinary things; superman is a ponce. =P That and I love the Joker and therefore I adore Harley, so it's a mix of happiness really.)

Yup, I also like the fact that he is a ordinary guy doing extraordinary things.

And I have a major interest in video games, I study Games Graphics Design currently, so am a major geek.

Well, just because u r interested in games, it doesn't make u a geek. According to me, this is an art and the subject has a got a lot of potential.

We are difficult to hunt out though because the majority of girls who are interested in gaming don't look like geeks in the slightest. (ie we don't all wear baggy tshirts and jeans)

That very true. Like they say some 'good things' are hard to find!!;)

HystericFreak
16th Feb 2009, 21:04

Wow, that's... scary! *feels afraid, before realising she has to repaint her nails*

Oh, and Stealthguy, I am a geek. I talk in dnd references, love sci-fi and collect Doctor Who. =P

harveysburntside
17th Feb 2009, 02:16

Seriously? You have access to people working on the game and you'd ask them ridiculous questions like this? How about digging for a little info about release schedule, gameplay details, or the possibility of a demo? Thanks.

k1ll1ng j0k3
17th Feb 2009, 14:57
Wow, that's... scary! *feels afraid, before realising she has to repaint her nails*

Oh, and Stealthguy, I am a geek. I talk in dnd references, love sci-fi and collect Doctor Who. =P yeah sci-fi is awesome. I don't know much of Doctor Who but I love The Twilight Zone with all my geeky heart, the old black and white one not this new stupid stuff that they have on

Stealthguy1986
17th Feb 2009, 18:22
am[/I] a geek. I talk in dnd references, love sci-fi and collect Doctor Who. =P

Yup must agree with killing joke, some of the sci-fi stuff are really awesome. And hysteric u a geek??? Well, from what I have perceived from ur posts , I feel that u just don't fit in the 'geek' category!!

And u know what there is something 'cool' about every human being.So geeks are cool in their own 'geeky' way and I like that.;)

k1ll1ng j0k3
17th Feb 2009, 20:13
Yup must agree with killing joke, some of the sci-fi stuff are really awesome. And hysteric u a geek??? Well, from what I have perceived from ur posts , I feel that u just don't fit in the 'geek' category!!

And u know what there is something 'cool' about every human being.So geeks are cool in their own 'geeky' way and I like that.;)
in their own "geeky" way? I guess you don't consider yourself one of us? We accept him! We accept him! One of us! One of us! Gooble gobble, gooble gobble! One of us! One of us! has anyone seen freaks? ;)

HystericFreak
17th Feb 2009, 21:00
One of us, one of us!!

And tbh, most of the geeks I know are what I call 'social' geeks; we cover our utter geekness with what most people consider 'regular' habits, such as shopping, going out of an evening, parties, movies and study.

We are the geek ninja's, springing onto strange pop culture references in busy bars thus creating awkward silences for those who are not part of the geek brotherhood. XD

Stealthguy1986
18th Feb 2009, 18:32
One of us, one of us!!

And tbh, most of the geeks I know are what I call 'social' geeks; we cover our utter geekness with what most people consider 'regular' habits, such as shopping, going out of an evening, parties, movies and study.

We are the geek ninja's, springing onto strange pop culture references in busy bars thus creating awkward silences for those who are not part of the geek brotherhood. XD

Looks like there is no escape from the blades of these two ninjas. Now I am one of the members of the 'geek brotherhood' . So hysteric , do u guys have any creed ?;)

k1ll1ng j0k3
18th Feb 2009, 21:51
We accept him! We accept him! One of us! One of us! Gooble gabble, gooble gabble! One of us! One of us! ...you are now a freak

imported_Harley_Quinn
19th Feb 2009, 18:08
*is a girl*
Yeah. <_< >_>
*shuffles away*

k1ll1ng j0k3
19th Feb 2009, 19:22
*is a girl*
Yeah. <_< >_>
*shuffles away*

Yay! Another girl that joins the ranks of the undead!! So are you just a casual gamer? A batman fan? Or a total geek? :wave:

Kai Rei
19th Feb 2009, 20:03
Girl's are great.

Err... Say, did any of you guy's know that Zsasz is confirmed for this game?

*slowly shuffle's out*

k1ll1ng j0k3
19th Feb 2009, 20:41
Girl's are great.

Err... Say, did any of you guy's know that Zsasz is confirmed for this game?

*slowly shuffle's out*
Yeah girls are great but geeky girls are the greatest. About Zsasz, I read some reviews of the critics that had a chance to play the game for a little bit and some of them described the first part of the game, you know how you have to chase The Joker and stuff, but they also described a level with Zsasz so yeah he is confirmed

Harley-Quinn
20th Feb 2009, 01:10
I'm a chick and I'm soooooooo lookin' forward to the game. I'm also a big B-Man fan, though I must say it was the villians that hooked me first. Then of course, Bats managed to sneak his way into my heart, like he has a tendancy to do with just about every place her enters. Though if I had to choose a side, it'd be which every my gal Harley is on

k1ll1ng j0k3
20th Feb 2009, 01:35
We accept her! We accept her! One of us! One of us! Gooble gabble, gooble gabble! One of us! One of us! Yeah I am dying to have this game! It’s going to be so awesome! And yeah the villains are a really important part of the batman universe! That Joker is so lucky!!!!;)

Harley-Quinn
20th Feb 2009, 01:37
We accept her! We accept her! One of us! One of us! Gooble gabble, gooble gabble! One of us! One of us! Yeah I am dying to have this game! It’s going to be so awesome! And yeah the villains are a really important part of the batman universe! That Joker is so lucky!!!!;)

Who ya acceptin'? there are several gals here hun. Are ya talkin' 'bout me?

k1ll1ng j0k3
20th Feb 2009, 03:10
Who ya acceptin'? there are several gals here hun. Are ya talkin' 'bout me?
yes honey, accepting you as one of us (obscure reference to the movie freaks) a movie that I think The Joker would like

Harley-Quinn
20th Feb 2009, 03:21
awww shucks thanks hun

k1ll1ng j0k3
20th Feb 2009, 14:36
awww shucks thanks hun anything for a batman fan! :rasp:

Harley-Quinn
20th Feb 2009, 23:00
anything for a batman fan! :rasp:

ha ha yes, I think all Batman fans are of a kind. And as far as the whole Spider-Man thing, I think Deadpool is waaaaaaaaaaaay better as far as the funny hero thing goes

k1ll1ng j0k3
21st Feb 2009, 00:57
ha ha yes, I think all Batman fans are of a kind. And as far as the whole Spider-Man thing, I think Deadpool is waaaaaaaaaaaay better as far as the funny hero thing goes
yeah we batman fans are very special :nut: , so since when are you a batman fan? from back in the days? or recently because of the movie? please please say from back in the days!!

Harley-Quinn
21st Feb 2009, 02:27
As I was growing up I use to watch the Animated Series, though my choice of characters changed. I use to like Catwoman and Ivy. I never saw much of Harley and Joker scared me, then again I was like 8. That and Gragoyles use to be my favorites. Well it was a bit before the movie that I started getting back into it again and had rediscovered my love for it. My villian of choice had changed before I got back into the cartoon again, over to the Joker. I then discovered Harley and went crazy for her and had to find out more about her, so naturally I started reading the comics, bought the complete TAS Box set and watched all episodes involving her, as well as other things that I could get my hands on that involved her. So no I've always liked Batman, the movie coming out just made it easier to get more merchandise :D

HystericFreak
21st Feb 2009, 07:08
Whee, another chicky! *hugs* Good to see ya toots, needa get a little AA sisterhood here or something. =P

Harley-Quinn
21st Feb 2009, 07:26
Whee, another chicky! *hugs* Good to see ya toots, needa get a little AA sisterhood here or something. =P
ha ha no kiddin' right? Not many of us, we're a rare breed *hugs back*

k1ll1ng j0k3
21st Feb 2009, 15:45
awww all this love is making me cry! who said that video games are evil??! who?! WHO!!!! Batman Arkham Asylum is bringing people together! hehe :D

Kai Rei
21st Feb 2009, 15:57
This thread has now officially been thread-jacked.

k1ll1ng j0k3
21st Feb 2009, 16:13
Let’s thread-jack it again :D !!!! What do you want to talk about Kai Rei?

stefanator600
26th Feb 2009, 03:06
So yes, I'm female, and I will be playing. Think I've seen a few other women around, but I'm just guessing by the way they type. It's nice to know there are some other fangirls like me around, hehe.[/QUOTE]

There is something atrractive about a woman who plays videogames, lol. I bet girls that play videogames here that alot.:D

Stealthguy1986
26th Feb 2009, 06:51
There is something atrractive about a woman who plays videogames, lol. I bet girls that play videogames here that alot.:D

Agreed. From my experience, there is a certain charm around them that makes them attractive.

Kai Rei
26th Feb 2009, 21:11
Agreed. From my experience, there is a certain charm around them that makes them attractive.

Like tit's?

k1ll1ng j0k3
27th Feb 2009, 17:23
Like tit's?
:scratch: You are truly a bag full of charisma.

Kai Rei
27th Feb 2009, 19:51
:scratch: You are truly a bag full of charisma.

Thank's, lol. Although on that note, I think we should stop here before we both derail the thread. :D

k1ll1ng j0k3
27th Feb 2009, 19:53
Thank's, lol. Although on that note, I think we should stop here before we both derail the thread. :D
nooooo! that's the point! we are taking over! come on!:thumb:

HarleyQuinnzel
6th Mar 2009, 12:16
HystericFreak, did I just hear you say you talk in DnD references??? :eek: Where have you been all my life beautiful!!!

I'm also a girl that will be buying this game. Actually, It comes out near my birthday and my Puddin will be getting it for me, but whatever. I'll still own it. :lmao:

HystericFreak
6th Mar 2009, 21:45
HystericFreak, did I just hear you say you talk in DnD references??? :eek: Where have you been all my life beautiful!!!

I'm also a girl that will be buying this game. Actually, It comes out near my birthday and my Puddin will be getting it for me, but whatever. I'll still own it. :lmao:

Yay! Hugs for you, my fellow geeky sister. Good to see some more girlies coming out of the wood work. =D