PDA

View Full Version : Age rating for Batman: Arkham Asylum

quandon
9th Feb 2009, 18:09
What age group do you think Eidos should aim the game towards and what age rating would you like to see?

i think it's evident so far the game is meant for a mature audience due to the game's dark setting/ menacing themes. Personally, i would like Eidos to market this game for as old as possible; possibly even 18+ (sorry to all you younger batman fans) i would love to see a batman game that is dark, gritty and menacing with a high amount of gore inorder to set the scene for a very intense and memorable gaming/batman experience.

What do you guys think?

Darth
9th Feb 2009, 18:44
Last I checked, the GameInformer article said Rocksteady was aiming for a "T" rating. Not very suprising, considering MK vs. DCU was rated T.:rolleyes:

kenny3090
9th Feb 2009, 22:12
i would love to see a possible "M" rating. this would allow for the possibilities of the joker opening up into a psychotic character.

but i think it will be tamed into a "T".

PS3/PSPGamer7
9th Feb 2009, 22:36
I want it to be m but it will probably be T :(

Kai Rei
9th Feb 2009, 22:54
It has to be an "M", surely. What, with the bloody foot print's in The Riddler's cell, ect, ect...

Darth
10th Feb 2009, 02:05
It has to be an "M", surely. What, with the bloody foot print's in The Riddler's cell, ect, ect...

What about Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe? Blood comes from people whenever they get hit. So much blood comes out, you'd think they'd die of blood loss.

tomstoyz
10th Feb 2009, 07:40
I agree, an "M" rating would be very cool, but they're not gonna want to miss out on all that "teen money", ha ha!

The Jedi Guardian
12th Feb 2009, 01:08
It should be T They should draw the line as close as possible like the dark knight.

harveysburntside
13th Feb 2009, 00:47
Yes, likely a T raiting. Even the new film was only pg-13, and there are very few stores willing to carry an AO rated title.

thewrongvine
13th Feb 2009, 02:01
Strongly hope it is "T".

It doesn't have enough menace to be rated "M". Although Batman is dark, he's not evil and gory, so it doesn't really go far enough to be "M".

The Dark Knight was pretty gloomy and serious and it was rated PG-13 only. And kids these days don't mind anyway. :D

Even if it is just a Teen-rated game, it can still my psychotic, scary, dark, and gloomy.

stefanator600
20th Feb 2009, 05:14
This game does not need to be rated "M" to show a significant amout of gore, "T" games are aloud to do and say all of the same things as in a "PG-13" movie, MK VS DCU still had fatalites and it was still rated "T", sure they were toned down a bit, but it was still pretty gruesome. In "T" games they can say things like "*****", "hell", "ass", and "damn" as much as they want!!! (not that they would in a Batman game), but seriously it doesn't need to be rated "M" to have gore and language and bad stuff in it, the just wont overdo it enough to have an "M" rating. (Zelda's not rated "M" and you dont hear people b*tching bout that), so come on guys/girls, it will be fine as a "T" game, who cares bout rating anyway, it doesn't make the game. :mad2:

Wigglez
21st Feb 2009, 02:53
This game is deffinatley gonna get a T rating for sure. It is based on the comics and we know how the Joker can get, but Rocksteady is aiming to get a T because they want more of an audience.

kiyominai
21st Feb 2009, 22:35
I agree; It's probably going to be a T since Societal Standards have changed so more kids are playing more M-like games.

HA HA HA
24th Feb 2009, 01:38
considering that there was a security Guard with his jaw ripped open and had Dead End spray painted on him... yeah I'd say that it would be an "M" rating.

lucas scanlan
4th Mar 2009, 00:57
What age group do you think Eidos should aim the game towards and what age rating would you like to see?

i think it's evident so far the game is meant for a mature audience due to the game's dark setting/ menacing themes. Personally, i would like Eidos to market this game for as old as possible; possibly even 18+ (sorry to all you younger batman fans) i would love to see a batman game that is dark, gritty and menacing with a high amount of gore inorder to set the scene for a very intense and memorable gaming/batman experience.

What do you guys think?

probley 18 cuase you dont see blood coverd footbrints and questionmarks in a 12

stefanator600
4th Mar 2009, 04:36
All of you people who think that this game is gonna be rated M are crazy!!! There is no way in hell that DC is gonna go for something like that!!! Just because there is some dead security guard does not make the game M, nor does a little blood, these little things are aloud t be in a T rated game, maybe even a little more, but by no means is this game gonna be rated M, period!!! Guys this game will give you your wishes, it's just not going to transcend the boundries of what DC will allow. It will be Teen with alot of violence, and maybe a little blood, a couple dead bodies maybe, but you arent gonna get an M game. Be content that you are actually getting another Batman game at all! Man oh man!!! :mad2:

CodeBlack
5th Mar 2009, 05:19
All of you people who think that this game is gonna be rated M are crazy!!! There is no way in hell that DC is gonna go for something like that!!! Just because there is some dead security guard does not make the game M, nor does a little blood, these little things are aloud t be in a T rated game, maybe even a little more, but by no means is this game gonna be rated M, period!!! Guys this game will give you your wishes, it's just not going to transcend the boundries of what DC will allow. It will be Teen with alot of violence, and maybe a little blood, a couple dead bodies maybe, but you arent gonna get an M game. Be content that you are actually getting another Batman game at all! Man oh man!!! :mad2:

Normally I'd agree, but Batman comics often go into Rated M territory (ever read The Killing Joke?), especially when the Joker shows up. Generally, someone's gonna die when Joker's behind everything, and more often than not, it's going to be explicit.

This looks like it's going to toe the line between T and M, so I don't know what to expect right now.

stefanator600
5th Mar 2009, 17:59
Normally I'd agree, but Batman comics often go into Rated M territory (ever read The Killing Joke?), especially when the Joker shows up. Generally, someone's gonna die when Joker's behind everything, and more often than not, it's going to be explicit.

This looks like it's going to toe the line between T and M, so I don't know what to expect right now.

The comics world falls into the graphic novel type category, so they are able to put in the violence they need to get the point across, but this is an animated video game, they would not show Batman in animated and violent predicaments. In comics the violence is just a picture, so I can imagine how they can get away with that as opposed to show a full graphic animation. Trust me, this game is gonna be Teen, but don't get discouraged, in teen games they can say and do as much as in a PG-13 movie, so you can expect some naughty language, a few violent scenes, and a little blood, but i dont think you are gonna get to see someone get impaled or someones intestines ripped out or anything like that, lol. :D

Zsasz
5th Mar 2009, 21:16
The comics world falls into the graphic novel type category, so they are able to put in the violence they need to get the point across, but this is an animated video game, they would not show Batman in animated and violent predicaments. In comics the violence is just a picture, so I can imagine how they can get away with that as opposed to show a full graphic animation. Trust me, this game is gonna be Teen, but don't get discouraged, in teen games they can say and do as much as in a PG-13 movie, so you can expect some naughty language, a few violent scenes, and a little blood, but i dont think you are gonna get to see someone get impaled or someones intestines ripped out or anything like that, lol. :D

There you go breaking my heart. Then again, it's true, seeing as Batman has only once killed somebody, (Drag over to read spoiler) and that was Darkseid, which he was suitably punished for.

Then again, I'd like to see blood shooting from a bad guys face if I break his nose or cave it in, seeing as that's what would happen. I don't want to see them limit the Joker just because they don't want Australia to ban it, which they probably will anyway.

HarleyQuinnzel
6th Mar 2009, 11:49
One thing to take into consideration with a game rated T is that the age kids view violence at these days is getting younger and younger. Also, "Fallout 3" is rated T and you can get some pretty hard-core effects with it.

While the Joker does push Batman's rating from T to M sometimes, I don't foresee this being an M game. You can still break someone's face open without getting into M territory. Blood is rated T. Sex, drugs, ect; now that is M. And I don't think DC comics would let them do that (even if Mad Hater was on drugs and Harley and Poison Ivy had a...close friendship).

This game is going to be T. :)

stefanator600
6th Mar 2009, 17:29
[QUOTE=HarleyQuinnzel;949495]One thing to take into consideration with a game rated T is that the age kids view violence at these days is getting younger and younger. Also, "Fallout 3" is rated T and you can get some pretty hard-core effects with it. QUOTE]

Wait just a second here, what version of Fallout 3 do you have? I'm pretty sure that game is definitly M, I have it and they say the "F" word every five seconds in that game, and when you shoot enemies they explode into like a million pieces! Maybe there is a T version of Fallout 3 out there somewhere though. It is is possible, I mean I do have one of the very few Elder Scrolls Oblivion games that is marked T. Well anyway its not a huge deal or anything, I just thought that sounded kind of peculiar, thats all. :wave:

PS3/PSPGamer7
6th Mar 2009, 18:08
Now I don't want to sound like a troll here but if you do want blood, gore, intenstines being ripped out and all that, XMOW is going to be like that. Anyway still hoping for and M but probably won't get it because some 5 year old wants to play it and can't play an M game

CodeBlack
6th Mar 2009, 23:32
Don't get discouraged, in teen games they can say and do as much as in a PG-13 movie, so you can expect some naughty language, a few violent scenes, and a little blood, but i dont think you are gonna get to see someone get impaled or someones intestines ripped out or anything like that, lol. :D

Trust me, I know.

This was actually the reason I was so disappointed in MK vs DC. It was obvious that they could've done a lot more with that T Rating, even with the extra restrictions they were under, but they apparently got nervous and compensated by putting very little creative effort into it. They mistook "non M-Rated" with "overly simple." If this game is Rated T, it doesn't look like they're making this mistake anyway.

Termix
7th Mar 2009, 10:45
I don't really care if "T" or "M", all I want is to see is the "new" Batman and to this new Batman belongs blood and hard action, so "T" is probably not possible

@CodeBlack, it wasn't allowed to show finishing moves against DC characters in MK vs DC, because of the big fanbase of the characters AND it would have been a discontinuity in the DC universe, it was never as hard as Mortal Kombat - so DC just plain said "No"

The_Hylden
7th Mar 2009, 12:19
It's been confirmed it will be a T rating. However, they've indicated they are pushing the realism as much as possible with that, or "darkness", if you will...

HA HA HA
7th Mar 2009, 15:01
It's been confirmed it will be a T rating. However, they've indicated they are pushing the realism as much as possible with that, or "darkness", if you will...correction, they said that they were aiming for a "T" game while still remaining dark. The ESRB hasn't gotten to it yet. If fthey are aiming for a "T" then I'm sure they will get it. However, the ESRB can be very stingy, and can be very bad at rating games sometimes.

swan15
12th Mar 2009, 02:51
For those in Australia like me the game is rated M with Violence

http://www.classification.gov.au/special.html?n=46&p=156&sTitle=batman&sMediaFilm=1&sMediaPublications=1&sMediaGames=1&sDateFromM=1&sDateFromY=1970&sDateToM=3&sDateToY=2009&record=229448
Link^^^^^^

This maybe the first M game i have got for the last 3 years:scratch:

CrashxUae
14th Mar 2009, 15:00
The Rating of B:AA is Teen i saw it on ESRB.org :wave: .

thebatman226
15th Mar 2009, 09:52
For those in Australia like me the game is rated M with Violence

http://www.classification.gov.au/special.html?n=46&p=156&sTitle=batman&sMediaFilm=1&sMediaPublications=1&sMediaGames=1&sDateFromM=1&sDateFromY=1970&sDateToM=3&sDateToY=2009&record=229448
Link^^^^^^

This maybe the first M game i have got for the last 3 years:scratch:

ive been wanting to know that for agesss,
thankyou so much :D

INMATEofARKHAM
15th Mar 2009, 12:15
The US box art says "T" so I'm going to guess Teen... :scratch: