PDA

View Full Version : The Cells

RonnyGreen
7th Feb 2009, 10:35
As you know, the prisoners in the asylum are all kept in their own quarters. But rather than having typicaly boring identical rooms it seems that the game will personalise the cells of the freaks, as we see from The Riddler screenshot.
But how do you think the rooms of the other villains should look?
Any cool secrets or features they should include when you find specific cells?
:)

Zsasz
7th Feb 2009, 11:41
Well for the brutish villains, such as Amygdala, the bed could be smashed and the walls could have been punched and hit until they hit concrete in places. For Zsasz it'd make perfect sense for little tally marks to be drawn on the walls in his own blood, counting the days he's been in. To add effect they could cover an entire wall.

Kai Rei
7th Feb 2009, 18:29
Poison Ivy's cell have have plant vine's all over the place which have grown through the crack's in the wall's. Maybe have the vine's have thorne's and rose's on part's of 'em.

Mr.Freeze's cell would basically look like you had walked into a giant refidgerator and the wall's could be covered with valve's and pipe's, ect. I don't know, lol.

Anyone have anymore idea's?

zurc136
7th Feb 2009, 18:35
I can see Bane's cell being almost wall to wall with books.

RonnyGreen
7th Feb 2009, 19:20
Anyone have anymore idea's?

The Joker
A traditional mirror used by actors for putting on make-up. Pictures of old comedians (Fatty Arbuckle, Laurel and Hardy) all over the walls. Punching the mirror should reveal a hollowed out space in which he's outlined schemes to kill Batman. it would be cool if each villains room had something secret that the player could go back to.
Mad Hatter
A very, very creepy place. I see it having a bizzare shrine to an unknown blonde woman, just to emphasis Hatter's stalkerish nature. The worst thing should be a dead guard lying on the bed in a skirt. Meaning that Tetch killed this guy and then dressed him up to resemble Alice from his favourite story.
Two-Face
Ah, now here's one I've thought about a fair bit. I'd like it if Dent had a rather civilised looking cell, not so dirty but quite ordered. But I think it would flesh out his character a bit if he had a TV and lots of videos of his time as DA. So the player could watch news footage of him getting disfigured or going after the mob.
Maybe he'd also keep notes on the crimes of some other inmates, so he could blackmail them later.

The_Hylden
7th Feb 2009, 20:47
Depending on how they want to go with Dent, he could also have what you suggest for only half the room. Ha, the other half being in total disarray, or the opposite.

RabidEasterBunny
7th Feb 2009, 21:02
I've read somewhere that they keep Zsask in a maximum restraint chair at all times. And Poison Ivy is in a bulletproof glass room.
Hopefully they won't look like jail cells, since this is a mental rehabilitation place.

HystericFreak
8th Feb 2009, 22:03
Harley's would naturally be covered in photos and news clippings of Mister J, and maybe a few piccies of her and Ivy. There's nothing particularly sick about her, so I can't imagine her room would be too messy. Maybe some crayon drawings on the wall to brighten the place up. =P

hyrule12
8th Feb 2009, 22:20
the penguins cell could have a pile of plates with fish bones on them, or maybe a couple of puddles of water on the floor.
(im not a batman freak, im actually on the tomb raider forums alot but i saw the 2 recent batman movies and im really into it now.)

Xbox360player
8th Feb 2009, 22:22
well,if they did this it would delay the date of the game if they did every classic person but it would also make it SWEET. I can only think of one person they should DEFINITELY have this for... Joker. They could have a torn welcome sign or something with darts thrown at a bat man picture/symbol. also they could have the bed smeared with make up and next to it they could have a gas mask that he used in many comics. But if they did ever person from the batman movies and comics it would be awesome. Maybe they should give you achievements or something for finding it?

CodeBlack
9th Feb 2009, 18:34
Joker: The walls are covered in "HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA," all over the place, with some doodles about plans or jokes about past crimes (and possibly a clue or two for the observant). Instead of blood, like Riddler's cell, these would be scratched in.

tomstoyz
10th Feb 2009, 07:45
:D Mr. Freeze's cell would have to be like a refrigerator, that's funny!

RonnyGreen
13th Feb 2009, 23:43
Even if he's not included in the game I would be interested in seeing Black Mask's cell.
In the comics his wife, Circe, commited suicide and he replaced her with a mannequin which he would speak to as though it were real.
Having something like that would be pretty freaky. After all, their cells should reflect their mind so it makes sense that many of them would be totally screwed up and crazy.

harveysburntside
14th Feb 2009, 03:25
Oohh... definitely Black Mask. Why haven't his origins been collected into a trade paperback yet? Great White Sharks gotta be there right? His cell, no doubt filled with all sorts of prison prohibited stock. He's like the Tony Soprano of Arkham, so I'd think a visit to his cell would be a must.

stefanator600
25th Feb 2009, 04:16
well,if they did this it would delay the date of the game if they did every classic person but it would also make it SWEET. I can only think of one person they should DEFINITELY have this for... Joker. They could have a torn welcome sign or something with darts thrown at a bat man picture/symbol. also they could have the bed smeared with make up and next to it they could have a gas mask that he used in many comics. But if they did ever person from the batman movies and comics it would be awesome. Maybe they should give you achievements or something for finding it?

I agree with everything you said about what The Joker's room would look like, except for one little thing..........smeared makeup? WTF do you think this is The Dark Knight movie?! This Joker resembles that of BTAS and the comics, HE DOES NOT WEAR MAKEUP!!!! The Joker's skin is permanatly bleached white and his lips are permanatly red and grinning! Curse Nolan and his *****ty adaptation of Batman, I miss how it used to be!!! Everyone thinks that Ledger is the ideal Joker and a freaking God or something!!! It makes me sick! He was not that talented, people need to move on already!!!! Jeez. :mad2:

RonnyGreen
25th Feb 2009, 05:32
Erm, The Joker is not permanently smiling. The smile is not permanent, even in the first issue in which he appeared that was made clear.
Plus, The Joker sometimes wears make-up.
Whilst his skin is bleached he does sometimes apply lipstick and black make-up to his eyes.
He did this in The Dark Knight Returns and The Man Who Laughs so there is precedant.
And as for Ledger, I think that he did a wonderful job. Incredibly comic accurate and dominating. He was the highlight of that movie.
And I think you need to reconsider your tone, you're coming off as a childish idiot.

K0Rupt3r
25th Feb 2009, 10:16
I agree with everything you said about what The Joker's room would look like, except for one little thing..........smeared makeup? WTF do you think this is The Dark Knight movie?! This Joker resembles that of BTAS and the comics, HE DOES NOT WEAR MAKEUP!!!! The Joker's skin is permanatly bleached white and his lips are permanatly red and grinning! Curse Nolan and his *****ty adaptation of Batman, I miss how it used to be!!! Everyone thinks that Ledger is the ideal Joker and a freaking God or something!!! It makes me sick! He was not that talented, people need to move on already!!!! Jeez. :mad2:

Stefanator get a grip mate, the majority of your posts are nolan hate messages where you scream about heath ledgers supposed lack of talent, it was his take on it! so what it's different? Someone who "was not that talented" does not win awards at the baftas and the oscars. Nolan's films have only generated more interest in batman, which can't be a bad thing, right? Or is it only people who own every action figure/comic/graphic novel, and who watched every episode of TAS who deserve to enjoy batman? Stop being so elitist!

stefanator600
25th Feb 2009, 18:12
Stefanator get a grip mate, the majority of your posts are nolan hate messages where you scream about heath ledgers supposed lack of talent, it was his take on it! so what it's different? Someone who "was not that talented" does not win awards at the baftas and the oscars. Nolan's films have only generated more interest in batman, which can't be a bad thing, right? Or is it only people who own every action figure/comic/graphic novel, and who watched every episode of TAS who deserve to enjoy batman? Stop being so elitist!

Whatever its cool, "To each his own right?" So many people love that movie I guess. :wave:

stefanator600
25th Feb 2009, 18:30
Erm, The Joker is not permanently smiling. The smile is not permanent, even in the first issue in which he appeared that was made clear.
Plus, The Joker sometimes wears make-up.
Whilst his skin is bleached he does sometimes apply lipstick and black make-up to his eyes.
He did this in The Dark Knight Returns and The Man Who Laughs so there is precedant.
And as for Ledger, I think that he did a wonderful job. Incredibly comic accurate and dominating. He was the highlight of that movie.
And I think you need to reconsider your tone, you're coming off as a childish idiot.

Hey, its fine, you may love TDK Joker if you wish, you and many other people do, so its fine. I just get a little tired of people saying that he is the best actor in the world and that he is the greatest for playing The Joker, I guess that was the last straw for me. Tell me something though, do people really love Ledger for his acting, or do they truely just love "The Joker" so much that they think that Ledger is the best one? I still think that Ledger was not a great actor, anyone could have done what he did and probably would have been worshiped as well. You can like what you want, just don't forget the people who shaped Batman, without them there would be no DK film at all. :wave:

Zsasz
26th Feb 2009, 17:43
Hey, its fine, you may love TDK Joker if you wish, you and many other people do, so its fine. I just get a little tired of people saying that he is the best actor in the world and that he is the greatest for playing The Joker, I guess that was the last straw for me. Tell me something though, do people really love Ledger for his acting, or do they truely just love "The Joker" so much that they think that Ledger is the best one? I still think that Ledger was not a great actor, anyone could have done what he did and probably would have been worshiped as well. You can like what you want, just don't forget the people who shaped Batman, without them there would be no DK film at all. :wave:

I agree with your opinion but not your way of expressing it. And, in addition, Ledger was a damn fine actor, have you seen Brokeback Mountain? 10 Things I Hate About You? Those were classic films, friend, and Ledger's acting was fantastic. Do you think Ledger would support all of this worship, as if he thought he was a God? He acknowledged Jack Nicholson as a fantastic Joker.

So yes, he was a great actor, only a great actor would spend a month in a hotel room, perfecting every last detail, reading the graphic novels and shaping his character extensively. That's what a great actor does. I do admit he was not the defining actor of the Joker, but he managed to convey the Joker's personality well, in my opinion anyway.

stefanator600
26th Feb 2009, 21:45
I agree with your opinion but not your way of expressing it. And, in addition, Ledger was a damn fine actor, have you seen Brokeback Mountain? 10 Things I Hate About You? Those were classic films, friend, and Ledger's acting was fantastic. Do you think Ledger would support all of this worship, as if he thought he was a God? He acknowledged Jack Nicholson as a fantastic Joker.

So yes, he was a great actor, only a great actor would spend a month in a hotel room, perfecting every last detail, reading the graphic novels and shaping his character extensively. That's what a great actor does. I do admit he was not the defining actor of the Joker, but he managed to convey the Joker's personality well, in my opinion anyway.

Well thank you for being understanding, I apologize if my opinion offends anyone though, like I said before, sometimes all of this Heath Ledger hype just gets to me and makes me upset, and truely there are some people out there who only perfer the Ledger Joker and they have only seen TDK portrayal of The Joker, those people have one-sided opinions and those are the ones that really piss me off.

The Sparrow
9th Mar 2009, 22:42
The cells in the game seem unrealistic. They are falling aprt from the inside and outside. I can see why the criminals escape so easily! If Arkham was in real life, those walls would be neat and spotless, without crumbling tile or bloody footprints. Still though, they are very good for a fictional asylum.