PDA

View Full Version : Non-Batman Characters

CodeBlack
5th Feb 2009, 20:46
Arkham is a very big place, and villains from other characters often find themselves locked in it's walls.

Of course, since this game is about Batman and his villains are tailor made to be psychological counters to his personality, I doubt we'll be seeing many non-Batman antagonists, but maybe cameos of other characters?

A few villains who aren't primarily Batman villains who are still imprisoned in Arkham:

Dr. Polaris
Dr. Destiny
Jean Loring
Solomon Grundy (born on a Monday)
Deadshot
etc...

Anyway, I doubt we'll be seeing non-Batman villains, but what do you guys think about cameos?

Darth
5th Feb 2009, 22:35
Grundy would be interesting, especially if Mark Hamill does his voice again.

Kai Rei
6th Feb 2009, 00:30

Grundy would be freakin' scary! But not anymore scarier than that man that became a Werewolf at every full moon. Deadshot would also be interesting. Maybe his determination and desperation to get his gunshot[s] hit the mark he aim's at could be written off as him being "unbalanced" in the head and clinically insane. Aside from him being an twisted murderer, anyway.

I think all of the muscular thug's came from Bludhaven, so we may see some villain's from other place's and such.

Just_Joker
6th Feb 2009, 03:04
I am really not sure if there will be any non-Batman villains, but we may see some non-Batman characters, like Clark Kent. :D Only kidding. But I am not sure only time will tell.

zurc136
6th Feb 2009, 03:12
Deadshot would be cool. He has the best chance of anyone on that list. He was in Gotham Knight.

Just_Joker
7th Feb 2009, 04:46
I like the idea of Dead Shot being in there, but I think he has just as much chance of being in this game as Superman. Which is slim.

Also what about Rupert Thorne? He was a very important mob boss at one time.

CodeBlack
9th Feb 2009, 17:54
What about cameo's, though. Walking past Deadshot, or Dr. Destiny, or Grundy's cell and having them say something or taunt Bats as he walks by.

magic_girl_z
23rd Feb 2009, 13:29
I like the idea of Dead Shot being in there, but I think he has just as much chance of being in this game as Superman. Which is slim.

Also what about Rupert Thorne? He was a very important mob boss at one time.

but is Rupert Thorne in Arkham? What about that torque guy..or is he in Bludhaven..he'd be a cool little enemy to fight.

k1ll1ng j0k3
23rd Feb 2009, 15:26
awwww Rupert Thorne reminds me so much of Batman The Animated Series :)

Why So Serious ?
25th Feb 2009, 23:33
i think it would be cool if we saw owlman or something in this game. maybe even villains from other story arks such as the Trickster. or even the Wrath http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wrath_(comics)

CodeBlack
18th Mar 2009, 16:53
But is Rupert Thorne in Arkham?

He was, but that was a few decades ago (Hugo Strange drove him to a nervous breakdown), he's not in there anymore.

Last he showed up, he was in Blackgate. Paul Dini wrote that story, so I doubt he's going to ignore it.

kris3105
28th Mar 2009, 13:25
In one of the trailers it shows a brief glimpse of some one who looks alot like doomsday... it was pointed out to me by an ign video analysis of the trailer.

door noob
28th Mar 2009, 15:30
slamon grundy
born on monday,
christened on tuesday,
maried on wednesday,
took ill on thursday,
grew worse on friday,
died on saturdat,
buried on sunday,
that was the end of salomon grundy

i don't know why but he makes me laugh....

Kai Rei
28th Mar 2009, 18:24
In one of the trailers it shows a brief glimpse of some one who looks alot like doomsday... it was pointed out to me by an ign video analysis of the trailer.

That was Amgdala. Doomsday would wtfpwn Batman and every other inmate in that Asylum all at once.

Drazar
28th Mar 2009, 18:53
Actually it could be just a toxided thug and not Amygdala, since Amygdala still hasn t been confirmed for this game. =P

CodeBlack
28th Mar 2009, 22:36
slamon grundy
born on monday,
christened on tuesday,
maried on wednesday,
took ill on thursday,
grew worse on friday,
died on saturdat,
buried on sunday,
that was the end of salomon grundy

i don't know why but he make me laugh....

Yeah, I've always liked Solomon Grundy. He doesn't really have a specific hero that he's an enemy of either (it was the first ever Green Lantern, but that was decades ago), and he's shown up in Batman comics every once in a while. I wonder if he'll appear, though I doubt it.

Kai Rei
28th Mar 2009, 22:44
Actually it could be just a toxided thug and not Amygdala, since Amygdala still hasn t been confirmed for this game. =P

Also true, seeing as I believe the venom drug is part of the main storyline.

ICK14
29th Mar 2009, 00:11
I wanna see Dr. Destiny. How sweet of a boss would that be? It could be just like that one episode of Justice League.

give me D money
29th Mar 2009, 00:46
hopefully there are people that wont attack you there and you could practice combos on them

i put on

door noob
29th Mar 2009, 01:27
hopefully there are people that wont attack you there and you could practice combos on them

i put on

What if you would be able to utilize your on site batcave for this purpose by having dummies or wooden poles or holograms to practive on.

Most likely that is why they made the challenge rooms.

Kai Rei
29th Mar 2009, 12:04
I wanna see Dr. Destiny. How sweet of a boss would that be? It could be just like that one episode of Justice League.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_2kjisMm3M9Y/SSfgGliV_TI/AAAAAAAAHD8/az5t2XFmgN8/s400/destiny.jpg

KillerCroc
29th Mar 2009, 22:29
I think if they did those chracters they should be assigned to a different part of Arkham. Maybe give them a unique room of their own, battle with them, and continue on, wouldn't you love to just be wandering around Arkham and you just run into Grundy? Adrenaline rush to the max, hes a scary villain. I can picture a room with Grundy where you walk in and he just smashes some thugs with a run-like headbutt, then maybe when you beat him you get a sheet of paper containing the rhyme.

Solomon Grundy born on a Monday
Christened on a Tuesday
Married on Wednesday
Grew ill on Thursday
Grew worse on Friday
Died on Saturday
Buried on Sunday

Artemis Artium
29th Mar 2009, 22:49

Isn't Mark Hamill doing the Joker again too? I wouldn't think it would be a stretch for them to include Grundy then. I still love that Luke Skywalker does the voice of the Joker.