PDA

View Full Version : Square Enix Community Day

member_10628951
7th Aug 2012, 21:34
So what do you guys think? Should Square Enix do one? I have been to many community events set up by the developers and publishers where they tour people around select parts of the studio (some areas we cant go in cause of super secret stuff ;)). And they give out lanyards, posters and t-shirts of upcoming games (Insomniac did this at their community day event). And they have a Q&A session for upcoming games and they show fans upcoming games and projects (and trailers they release a few weeks later; Insomniac and Bungie have done this).

So should Square Enix do a North American Community Day? I think it would be awesome and would give fans a peek behind the scenes and would strengthen the community in the process while also getting a lot of people to become even more invested in*their products. I have seen people come away from Community Days spreading the word about upcoming games.

P.S.*Square if you guys ever plan to do this can you PLEASE do it on a weekend. Some of us are older fans and have responsibilities over the weekdays (read: work obligations). Or at the VERY LEAST, tell us a few weeks in advance so we can (I can) request time off work so we can come to the event.

kingdom117
8th Aug 2012, 01:08
If SE Japan doesn't have one, I don't think SE NA would. Just think about. I'm not against this, I would want this too. But I'm just saying, y'know?

new_tradition
8th Aug 2012, 10:30
I would hate this just for the fact that I live in Canada and I would be pretty bitter than only a fraction of fans that happen to live in the same city as S-E's HQ would even be able to go. They have fans world wide, and even if you confined that fanbase to just North America, why should only a handful of fans get such an awesome experience? :/

(That said, if S-E would pay for travel and board, THEN I'd be stoked, lol)

Maybe if they did a contest...

member_10628951
8th Aug 2012, 10:50
That's just how it works. You can't expect them to get everyone to go someplace that isn't their studio that is located in the LA area. I traveled to Bungie and Insomniac to attend their community days. It just shows how much of a fan I am to travel to the studios. I hate when fans say "Why can't they can't they come to my city. It's not fair."

They do their best to accommodate people. If you can't put a little effort in traveling than why even go? What do you expect them to do? Have the Community Day on your front door step? I also hate when people say "Well if I can't make it then they shouldn't do it". That's just selfish.

Automaton
8th Aug 2012, 12:03
I think it's a great idea, even if I happen to live in Canada and can't go easily/at all. I'd even be happy with them simply making a blog post with a bunch of pictures and calling it a "tour".

(EDIT: This should have gone into General Square Enix Discussion, to be honest.)

ZachiroEnigma0
8th Aug 2012, 12:13
I think it's a great idea, even if I happen to live in Canada and can't go easily/at all. I'd even be happy with them simply making a blog post with a bunch of pictures and calling it a "tour".

(EDIT: This should have gone into General Square Enix Discussion, to be honest.)

i agree and also i would love forthe mt odo it, i may not be able to go but i never can go to any even SE is at but i read all about it and follow it online ^^ the internet is my passport to every SE event espeically the Final Fantasy 25th anniversary ^^

member_10628951
8th Aug 2012, 12:16
@Ori

Dang your right. That's where I thought I posted it. Sorry I was really tired last night lol. If the mods can move it over to the General Forums that would be fine with me.

new_tradition
8th Aug 2012, 12:31
That's just how it works. You can't expect them to get everyone to go someplace that isn't their studio that is located in the LA area. I traveled to Bungie and Insomniac to attend their community days. It just shows how much of a fan I am to travel to the studios. I hate when fans say "Why can't they can't they come to my city. It's not fair." They do their best to accommodate people. If you can't put a little effort in traveling than why even go? What do you expect them to do? Have the Community Day on your front door step? I also hate when people say "Well if I can't make it then they shouldn't do it". That's just selfish.

Time and money isn't just a little effort, though. And I don't really like how much money and time one has determines how big a fan they are.*

Am I less of a fan because I don't have the means to travel to a whole nother country, pay for travel and board, and somehow free up time to even go? That most of the free time I spend in a day looking up S-E info, the money I do spend on games and systems to play their games, means jack s*it because I can't go to a hypothetical fan day?

Anyways, I'm not demanding anything, I'm just saying I would feel annoyed. I have the right to b*tch and moan :P

Seriously, if S-E Members didn't finally start including Canada in their rewards, I wouldn't even be here right now...

(Aside: I'm glad Distand Worlds-Final Fantasy managed to make a stop in Toronto. The minute I saw the locale for ticket sales, I bought my tickets right away. I was so jazzed those 8 months, lol)

member_10628951
8th Aug 2012, 13:11
Okay new question: If Square Enix was to hold a Community Day what would you like to see out of it? What would you want them to do or show you? Would you like Q&A sessions with NA producers? Tour of the studio? Big lunch-in with employees of the company? Autograph sessions? What would make you excited about a Community Day?

member_10077577
8th Aug 2012, 20:11
Okay new question: If Square Enix was to hold a Community Day what would you like to see out of it? What would you want them to do or show you? Would you like Q&A sessions with NA producers? Tour of the studio? Big lunch-in with employees of the company? Autograph sessions? What would make you excited about a Community Day?

That would be a great idea. Us fans should see exclusive info on the production of certain games. Lunch-ins might take it a littke too far, though. Just saying. Otherwise, great idea! Hell, us North American and European fans could see a live stream tour of the Japanese studios and ask questions on the chat, translate them into Japanese for the workers to answer. The same can go for the Japanese fans of Western products.

But, I have the feeling that we're just talking about this because of Versus XIII. Or its just me thinking that? It kind of looks like it. No offence.

member_10628951
8th Aug 2012, 20:20

That would be a great idea. Us fans should see exclusive info on the production of certain games. Lunch-ins might take it a littke too far, though. Just saying. Otherwise, great idea! Hell, us North American and European fans could see a live stream tour of the Japanese studios and ask questions on the chat, translate them into Japanese for the workers to answer. The same can go for the Japanese fans of Western products.

But, I have the feeling that we're just talking about this because of Versus XIII. Or its just me thinking that? It kind of looks like it. No offence.

Honestly, it really is just you. I like Community Days and love meeting other fans like me. Insomniac Games Community Day (I have went to every single one) is/was very fun to go to. Honestly enjoy Community Days more than E3 because interfacing with the community is, to me, more fun than just standing all day playing new games no one gets to play for months or years*;).

This would just be cool to do because you can meet people and do cool things with fans and employees of Square Enix.

member_10077577
8th Aug 2012, 20:31

Honestly, it really is just you. I like Community Days and love meeting other fans like me. Insomniac Games Community Day (I have went to every single one) is/was very fun to go to. Honestly enjoy Community Days more than E3 because interfacing with the community is, to me, more fun than just standing all day playing new games no one gets to play for months or years*;).

This would just be cool to do because you can meet people and do cool things with fans and employees of Square Enix.

Agree. E3 probably wouldn't give someone as much as an actual period of time to hang out with Square Enix cohorts like they're your best friends, showing you stuff that could blow your mind. :)

member_10628951
9th Aug 2012, 10:54
Haha yup exactly.

member_10628951
13th Aug 2012, 19:21
I want to get more of your guys opinions. What else could Square do*for a Square Enix Community Day that would entice you guys to come out?

ZachiroEnigma0
13th Aug 2012, 19:24
I want to get more of your guys opinions. What else could Square do*for a Square Enix Community Day that would entice you guys to come out?

autographing....and nomura there....so i can say arigatou ^^ oh oh! aaaand a dissidia battle*contest ^^

member_10077577
13th Aug 2012, 19:59

A gameplay demo, or a trailer for us to see of a new game. An interview where we ask questions to them. An exclusive contest for its visitors. Anything, really.

member_10628951
9th Oct 2012, 15:09
So I have put a bit more thought into this and here is how I would set it up:

10:00am - Announce the Start of Community Day. Talk about the itinerary*of what will happen that day.

10:30 - 12:00: People play demos. Have two different groups at two different times be shuttled to the NA Square Enix offices to have a studio tour.

12:00- 1:00: Lunch with Community Team and other employees of Square Enix (if they want to join of course).

1:00-4:30: Demos still playable. People still getting shuttled to studio for studio tour.

4:30-5:30: A Press/Fan Conference. Show off trailers of newest games and demo live on stage new games (KH 1.5 HD, LR: FFXIII, Type-0, XIV, Versus XIII).

7:30 - 10:00: Square Enix Community Day Concert celebrating music from all Squares great games like: Kingdom Hearts, Final Fantasy, Deus Ex, Dragon Quest, Tomb Raider and Hitman. (getting Tim Roth to do it would be awesome)

10:00pm: Close Community Day.

Of course merch will be sold from 10:00am to the close of community day with a lot of t-shirts and posters. Also at "special" kiosks people can preorder/buy games and get a discount/free something. Tickets for Community day could be sold for $75.(that is if we do the concert. If not it should be free or very cheap)

What do you guys think?

member_10628951
29th Nov 2012, 20:58
Never got feedback on the agenda idea above? Good or lame?

And when I visited North America Square Enix last week there was an interest to do something like this! So suggestions are welcome guys and gals. They said if the fans want it then they'll do it so lets give them ideas to help!

member_10628951
30th Nov 2012, 20:47
What if they held a tournament there too. With a big pool prize. One for Hitman (see who can get the most points on specific contract missions), One for Final Fantasy & Kingdom Hearts (Trivia, Single eliminations), Tomb Raider (Seeing who can get past certain levels the quickest) and others.

What would also be cool is have Q&A with development members of some of the games. Maybe even bringing over Hashimoto and Kitase to talk about their respective games they are producing. Maybe bring Nomura over. Make his first visit to North America one to remember. ;)

LennethLionK3
1st Dec 2012, 00:18
I'm sure there are lots of people that would be interested, but it's kind of a regional issue for a majority.* Not sure how much interest you could garner without SE just going ahead in planning it.* Wish I could check it out tho, if they did hold one.

member_10628951
1st Dec 2012, 01:16
@Lenneth_47

That is genuinely great concern. I am glad you brought it up. What if the event was live streamed and maybe a live stream of one of the studio tours. Would that work for people who otherwise wouldn't be able to come? What would entice you to go all the way to Los Angeles to go to a Square Enix Community Day? Free merchandise? Square Enix members points? Team members from Japan holding Q&A events?

LennethLionK3
1st Dec 2012, 01:34
Airplane tickets, lol...* If I could go tho, I'd really just want to learn how they conduct the business in general.* Are the new FFXIV:ARR NA servers going to be there or somewhere else?* Things like that.* I'm not sure if the casual fan really knows what goes on in the NA SE building.*

member_10628951
1st Dec 2012, 01:41
I know where their servers are. :]

The rooms name is cool too. That's why I believe a studio tour would get a lot of gamers excited to go to a community event like this ;).