PDA

View Full Version : Furry Themed Villain

ysoserious1999bday
1st Feb 2009, 03:54
I know that the universe iz pretty fleshed oiut with villins, but i think arkham asylum would be good to debut an anthropomorphic wolf character named cliff withh a dark past (like batman killed his parents while he was a pup by accident). I drew a mock up, here it is/ PLZ tell me what u think ([no flames plz, just constructeve critisism!])
http://images.elfwood.com/art/s/h/shaleea/cliff.jpg

Drazar
1st Feb 2009, 04:31
Well theres the Fox, Shark and Bird business men, but they are just rich people who got bored and decided to wore silly hats for their crime doing, and then theres Killer Croc whos a skin-diseased black ex-wrestler. Tho nowdays his skin disease has rather made him a mutant freak and more of a Croc man. :P

PS. Eidos and Rocksteady adding new villians would be a retarded thing towards Batman fans and the game itself. The game might have Man-Bat but i honestly doubt it.

Oh and a nice drawing from a 10 year old? :P (That is you are born from 1999 as your nick suggests)

Dark Walker
1st Feb 2009, 06:15
Considering they've had Killer Crock, Man Bat, Clayface and freaking Count Dracula as Batman's enemies, I suppose a werewolf (that's what anthropomorphic wolf translates into for me) is plausable for the world of Batman.

I see Eidos bringing in new characters for the henchmen inmates but I agree with Drazar that bringing in original super villians might be pointless to the Batman fans. It might seem like they're trying to bog us down with new backstories and motives while all we want to do is get on with the main plot of the game.

Zsasz
1st Feb 2009, 10:48
No offense kid, but that guy's a bit... cutesy, to be a Batman villain. Perhaps a REAL Werewolf, such as:

http://api.ning.com/files/PYCDwVq6lFb8d6mIgNBqO4gI7BrVdQ6wGqJE31GI6o0_/1165441340_werewolf.jpg

But that guys seems more at home in the Pokemon universe, or something.

I also agree with the previous posters that adding in a new villain would be a slap in the face to the fans, and I don't really see how that guy would be in an asylum.

((That art up there is not my own and I have no claim to it, I simply used it to illustrate a point))

Kai Rei
1st Feb 2009, 14:14
^ Wasn't there actually a man who changed into a Werewolf in TAS?

I can't remember for the life of me what the episode was but I could swear there was a man that kept running to Bruce to help/cure him but whenever he became the Werwolf, he had to fight against the Batman.

Zsasz
1st Feb 2009, 14:21
^ Wasn't there actually a man who changed into a Werewolf in TAS?

I can't remember for the life of me what the episode was but I could swear there was a man that kept running to Bruce to help/cure him but whenever he became the Werwolf, he had to fight against the Batman.

Well naturally the Anthropomorphic Wolf-Boy will be rather stale and unoriginal then. I would like to see that werewolf guy in this game though, would seem like a good psychological challenge for Batman to be both fighting an ally and an enemy.

Kai Rei
1st Feb 2009, 14:27
^ Agreed. Sound's like it would be a pretty difficult challenge and would make for an opponent who could kill you sooner than later.

ysoserious1999bday
1st Feb 2009, 15:51
HOLY CRAP

that were wolf is amazing!!! :thumb: did you draw it?? Can you plz give me help on how to draw with out templates & tracing??

Darth
1st Feb 2009, 17:03
Ick. Furries. Looks like it belongs in some freaky anime show.:(

Blak Puddn
1st Feb 2009, 19:03
Actually there was a Werewolf character in the BTAS in a catwoman episode the characters name was Tigrus. If anyone of you guys are Batman Animated fans back me up on this !

Tapion
1st Feb 2009, 19:33
Selina Kyle get's kidnapped by Doktor Emile Dorian, a Genetic-scientist and is brought on a lonley island. He created a Catman named Tygrus and trys to get him a bride. He turns Selina into a real cat-woman.

But in the end Tygrus turns against the Doktor to rescue Selina.
(after a chase with Batman and other stuff.)

Then the Doktor goes to Prison and Tygrus stays on the island.

The Episode is called "Tyger, Tyger"

Dark Walker
1st Feb 2009, 21:20
I found this while looking at a list of Batman's enemies last night.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anthony_Lupus

So if they were to have a werewolf character then it would be this guy.

HystericFreak
1st Feb 2009, 21:41
HOLY CRAP

that were wolf is amazing!!! :thumb: did you draw it?? Can you plz give me help on how to draw with out templates & tracing??

If you had read all of his post you would have noticed he infact said he didn't draw it. =) However, as a tip to someone who wants to improve, I would suggest instead of attempting to imitate other peoples styles, to draw things that *you* see.

Learning to draw other people takes a lot of practice, but if you work hard at it you can have very good results.

As far as a 'furry' villain goes though, (and keep in mind I adore my lycans) I have a feeling they are trying to keep a balance between realism and the suspension of belief, and a werewolf would have to be described as someone who had been tested on by chemicals etc etc. I don't think they should put in a new villain just for the sake of something different; the whole game is almsot a trip down memory lane, visitng those old rogues who scared us as kids and made us cheer Batman on. (or cheer for his downfall in some situations) =P

The New Blueguy
1st Feb 2009, 22:06
While I hope that its not a creature type villian in any way, a new villian wouldn't be so bad. I mean lets think about it. Paul Dini created Harley Quinn specifically for Batman: TAS and she became so popular that she was introduced into the DC universe. So I say coming up with a totally new villian we haven't seen before from someone with a successful track record of doing so, isn't a bad thing. Yes, it is a trip down memory lane but a new villian could be great. I mean unlike the 80s and 90s it seems like we don't get new characters all that often in comics these days. I understand that the familiar works but freshness is good every now and then. If Bane were to cripple Batman every few years for a new (WARNING: I haven't read any of the current Final Crisis/Batman RIP story, please don't spoiler me in response.) twist then you know how boring that would be?

Kraken890
1st Feb 2009, 22:50
Hell, if you wanted to be realistic there is a mental illness known as Lycanthropy (all you Underworld fans should know that's where Lycan came from) where the person actually believes they are indeed a wolf or a werewolf. Since it is Arkham "Asylum" you could easily put someone like that in there, though since the Joker gladly destroyed any chance of Arkham maintenence stepping inside....you'd have a problem with him urinating and deficating every where.

Oh yeah, for Ysoserious1999Bday: If you are 10yrs old, that's pretty darn good for a 10yr old. The best advice anyone can give an artist such as you is just to keep doing it, maybe rent a couple books from the library on cartooning and illustration, and look at the art of other artists.....and one more thing HAVE FUN! it's the best part.

milohimself
2nd Feb 2009, 02:11
Already is a Shape Shifter, his name is Kyle Abbot, was a bodyguard for Whisper A'Daire, however when he realized he was unknowingly helping to destroy ALL of Gotham City he sided with Nightwing and The Question (Renee Montoya) to save the city.

Kai Rei
3rd Feb 2009, 20:34
Thank's to everybody who helped to clarify there was a Werewolf-themed character in TAS. [I knew I wasn't crazy... No, I'm not..]

kenny3090
3rd Feb 2009, 20:53
i'd have to agree with everybody hahah
the addition of a werewolf-type character is not only unoriginal but kinda dumb in the batman world many of the older fans this game and the nolan movies are directed towards.

good drawing tho kid lol

thereisnoeleven
3rd Feb 2009, 21:07
Forget Werewolf themed, there was an actual Werewolf in the episode "Moon of The Wolf". I forget a lot of the details but he was the creation of Dr Milo. Pretty good episode from what little I remember. Much better than that pile of dung "Tyger, Tyger".

But as for the topic question? No.

Just...no.

Furries...jeezy creezy...

Oh, and one more thing, OP. I don't care how old you are. Learn to type like a normal person. Plz? ([it iz vry anoying u kno/])

Kai Rei
3rd Feb 2009, 21:34
Forget Werewolf themed, there was an actual Werewolf in the episode "Moon of The Wolf". I forget a lot of the details but he was the creation of Dr Milo. Pretty good episode from what little I remember. Much better than that pile of dung "Tyger, Tyger".

But as for the topic question? No.

Just...no.

Furries...jeezy creezy...

Oh, and one more thing, OP. I don't care how old you are. Learn to type like a normal person. Plz? ([it iz vry anoying u kno/])

Correctamundo.

All episodes have been uploaded to YouTube by another fan:

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=pXMthF7B59A

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=WuCECGGDEQc&feature=related

Something tell's me this guy.. er... Wolf, would make for a sick villain in B:AA.

I'd have it so one would fight him in an old, gritty cafeteria whilst occasionally being attacked by those nutt's in the straight-jacket's.

The_Hylden
3rd Feb 2009, 22:25
Yeah, that's the episode. I forgot about that guy's unibrow, lol

But yeah, they won't put in a fan-made new character. Sorry.

Just_Joker
7th Feb 2009, 04:54
Wow.