PDA

View Full Version : The explanation to Final Cryisis #7 (batmans fate) Spoilers warning

shadowmatt18
1st Feb 2009, 03:06
okay so i'm gonna spoil the secret to final cryisis #7 so if you haven't read the comic, don't read this.... okay:

we know batman got shot with those rays omega something whatever (not a darkseid fan) what they did was they killed batmans body key word "body". not only did they kill his body but they reincarnated his spirit into another body. this other body was a cave man in a far far far away planet quite possibly thousands of years into the future because lois lane shot that rocket filled with his utility belt ( i think, not sure his costume as well) and an issue of the Daily Planet saying that theyre still struggling. So they launch this time capsule into space so that one day it might be found. this time capsule lands on the cave mans planet and as you can see, a cave man wearing blue underwear on the outside of grey pants draws half a bat on the wall with a stone. The fire sends a shadow up the wall.... a shadow....with bat ears!

okay now that, that's been done I will explain what grant morrison ment "by a fate worse than death!" Batman is alone, no technology, no family or friends, no money. plain and simple.... nothing, truely a fate worse than death. Bruce knows where he is and all he can do is survive until the writers give him an excuse to come back. so that's it plain and simple i suggest we all look to the future which is "battle for the cowel"

ysoserious1999bday
1st Feb 2009, 03:30
okay so i'm gonna spoil the secret to final cryisis #7 so if you haven't read the comic, don't read this.... okay:

we know batman got shot with those rays omega something whatever (not a darkseid fan) what they did was they killed batmans body key word "body". not only did they kill his body but they reincarnated his spirit into another body. this other body was a cave man in a far far far away planet quite possibly thousands of years into the future because lois lane shot that rocket filled with his utility belt ( i think, not sure his costume as well) and an issue of the Daily Planet saying that theyre still struggling. So they launch this time capsule into space so that one day it might be found. this time capsule lands on the cave mans planet and as you can see, a cave man wearing blue underwear on the outside of grey pants draws half a bat on the wall with a stone. The fire sends a shadow up the wall.... a shadow....with bat ears!

okay now that, that's been done I will explain what grant morrison ment "by a fate worse than death!" Batman is alone, no technology, no family or friends, no money. plain and simple.... nothing, truely a fate worse than death. Bruce knows where he is and all he can do is survive until the writers give him an excuse to come back. so that's it plain and simple i suggest we all look to the future which is "battle for the cowel"

FIRST :thumbsup:

Drazar
1st Feb 2009, 03:36
I'm still abit confused, are you sure its the future tho? I recall it was earth-51 or so, i'm really not followed into Jack Kirby stories but yeah.

CodeBlack
1st Feb 2009, 10:06
Um... wait... what did Morrison do?

I just glanced the sidebar and, for once, found an emoticon that sums up how I feel about that perfectly.

:mad2:

Zsasz
1st Feb 2009, 10:42
So Batman used a gun and didn't even DIE?

I have no faith in humanity.

SammiiDoogles
1st Feb 2009, 11:12
FIRST :thumbsup:

Well this was a useful post...
:hmm:

Anyway, i havent read this.
can anyone give me a brief summary?
so as i can see whether or not i want to read it :) :P

shadowmatt18
1st Feb 2009, 18:37
I'm still abit confused, are you sure its the future tho? I recall it was earth-51 or so, i'm really not followed into Jack Kirby stories but yeah.

i think (but not sure) that lois said it might be years before someone finds this rocket

shadowmatt18
1st Feb 2009, 18:42
Um... wait... what did Morrison do?

I just glanced the sidebar and, for once, found an emoticon that sums up how I feel about that perfectly.

:mad2:

what do you mean "what did morrison do"? :confused: they were planning a big ending for bruce wayne and many people thought he was going to die because of the title: "rest in peace" and all grant morrison said during this was that batman was going to have "a fate worse than death" and #7 shows his fate: exile. no more gadgets (apart from what he already has in the belt) no more tech, no vehicles, no friends or family, pure exile on another planet. he'll be like this for at least a year because of batman comics being only published once a month. Bruce is gonna come back crazy (well... more than ussual i sappose :) )

shadowmatt18
1st Feb 2009, 18:44
So Batman used a gun and didn't even DIE?

I have no faith in humanity.

yeah preeeeeeeety much, i felt that way too, lol the symbolism is broken.

shadowmatt18
1st Feb 2009, 18:49
Well this was a useful post...
:hmm:

Anyway, i havent read this.
can anyone give me a brief summary?
so as i can see whether or not i want to read it :) :P

what? i just summerized what happened to batman. in #6 he shoots dark seid with a god killing bullet, dark sied shoots him with an omega ray or something this kills batman and turns bruces body into a rotten skeleton. at the end of #6 it shows SuperMan holding the corpse. then in #7 we find out that he's been reincarnated into another body on a different planet. we all have to face the fact... yah just can't kill anyone in comics, it's the law :)

SammiiDoogles
1st Feb 2009, 21:28
what? i just summerized what happened to batman. in #6 he shoots dark seid with a god killing bullet, dark sied shoots him with an omega ray or something this kills batman and turns bruces body into a rotten skeleton. at the end of #6 it shows SuperMan holding the corpse. then in #7 we find out that he's been reincarnated into another body on a different planet. we all have to face the fact... yah just can't kill anyone in comics, it's the law :)

I mean what happens before that, in the issues leading to fight, and also, is it really worth reading ? :)

milohimself
2nd Feb 2009, 02:04
Final Crisis was a decent storyline i suppose, although I dont see the Bruce coming back as when the rocket was fired it was before all of the different Earth's went back to their own universes. Basically the Omega Sanction traps the organism in a series of alternate realities, each worse than the previous one.

Batman shoots Darkseid with the same Radion bullet that killed Orion, while Darkseid simultaneously Omega Sanctions Batman removing him from this plane of existence.

So the question is: "where (and when) is Bruce Wayne at the moment?" The cave man that dies at the end of Final Crisis 7 is Anthro, a primordial character DC used in the 60s, who has made some various appearances over the years.
So that answers the When: Batman is trapped in Pre-History
The Where: Anthro is a native of the "New Earth" the Earth in the main continuity

Besides his Death and such, Final Crisis really doesn't deal with Batman that much. The Crisis series (Infinite on Infinite Earth, Infinite, Identity, Final etc etc) usually dont have the Big 3 (Superman, Batman, and Wonder Woman) play a large roll, they still are in the stories and contribute, but the focus is rarely on them

shadowmatt18
2nd Feb 2009, 02:05
I mean what happens before that, in the issues leading to fight, and also, is it really worth reading ? :)

oh i'm sorry, no i don't think so, i didn't but it's personal choice