PDA

View Full Version : Mechanics

Wigglez
31st Jan 2009, 22:35
Most of us already know the mechanics of this game like upgradable moves and gadgets along with the detective thing and the predator thing too. Also the fact that Batman will be getting holes in his suit with holes in his cape. But for you guys. What would be a cool mechanic for ths game to be good?

PS3/PSPGamer7
1st Feb 2009, 01:42
Hm thats a tough one... I hope there are a lot of combos that have a cool look to them and look painful. Something like this:mad2: :lmao:

WhatsHisFace
1st Feb 2009, 02:18
I'm hoping the stealth mechanics will be like those in the SplinterCell games, and nothing like the stealth in Metal Gear Solid.

BATtleMAN
1st Feb 2009, 04:53
I'm hoping the stealth mechanics will be like those in the SplinterCell games, and nothing like the stealth in Metal Gear Solid.

I have never played a splinter cell game, so could someone fill me in on what the stealth feels like? Do you really think stealth in a game meant to kill people will be appropriate for Batman?

Wigglez
1st Feb 2009, 05:12
The stealth in that game isn't really meant to kill people. The gun Sam Fisher holsters is only for defense and making sure that nobody actually sees him and tells about it if he slips up and can't knock them out. But for this game, I think it's gonna be a mixture of both Splinter Cell and Metal Gear, plus more:cool: I'm not going to say Solid for the Metal Gear part because Solid is just a subtitle which lead to sequeals.

BATtleMAN
1st Feb 2009, 14:40
The stealth in that game isn't really meant to kill people. The gun Sam Fisher holsters is only for defense and making sure that nobody actually sees him and tells about it if he slips up and can't knock them out. But for this game, I think it's gonna be a mixture of both Splinter Cell and Metal Gear, plus more:cool: I'm not going to say Solid for the Metal Gear part because Solid is just a subtitle which lead to sequeals.

Thank You.

Wigglez
1st Feb 2009, 19:35
Yup:thumb:

CrashxUae
5th Feb 2009, 18:21
is the flying machine that batman use it to fly will be a free or i can use it only when the game said to me

jhonnyboy
5th Feb 2009, 21:19
ya i would hate that. Only being able to use items when the game allows you to. This has been done in the previous batman games and totally ruins the fun for me. Example the grappling gun. It would be awesome if you can use it and use it anywhere you want. I hope they do this with the cape as well, just as the previous reply said.

What is up with the holes in the cape and the suit? Do they have any significance or are they just part of the design?

This game looks great so far i can't wait for more information on it. :thumb:

Wigglez
5th Feb 2009, 21:57
ya i would hate that. Only being able to use items when the game allows you to. This has been done in the previous batman games and totally ruins the fun for me. Example the grappling gun. It would be awesome if you can use it and use it anywhere you want. I hope they do this with the cape as well, just as the previous reply said.

What is up with the holes in the cape and the suit? Do they have any significance or are they just part of the design?

This game looks great so far i can't wait for more information on it. :thumb:

It's been said that you can use the grappling hook anywhere. The holes in the cape is because you get shot at and bullets pass through the cap tearing it open and such.

CrashxUae
5th Feb 2009, 22:01
this is right because you can update your iteme

and you can update the graplling gun ;) :thumb:

Wigglez
8th Feb 2009, 23:40
The fighting better be good with alot of cool combos with multiple buttons instead of just hitting one button for a 5 hit combo.

ryukoken69
9th Feb 2009, 00:23
I think it would be sweet if you could use the grapple gun, and batrangs as offense as well as defense.
Like a batrang with a cable on it thrown to laso a baddy and hoste him up so hes hanging, or use the grapple gun to knock out some of the inmates from a distance.
Being able to set traps would be neat as well!

ggratchet
28th Feb 2009, 02:56
Hopefully plenty of clever puzzles with the gadgets and actual detective work, (Where to go, what to expect).

angleslam99
28th Feb 2009, 05:26
Hoping for a good variation of different combo attacks when it comes to hand to hand combat so every fight doesnt look/end the same way.

spark
28th Feb 2009, 09:00
hope to see significant changes in appearances for items and armour during upgrades, and able to manipulate the environment to your advantage like smashing out the lights and create total darkness and use nightvision to totally own enemies!

Wigglez
6th Mar 2009, 06:18
hope to see significant changes in appearances for items and armour during upgrades, and able to manipulate the environment to your advantage like smashing out the lights and create total darkness and use nightvision to totally own enemies!

This would be sweet.