PDA

View Full Version : Next Tomb Raider movie suggestion? Opinions?

gunshitknife
31st Jan 2009, 19:37
So,hey guys,

I've been wondering why they're making so much fuss about picking the actresses for the next Tomb Raider movie.It's clear that a lot of the fans want Angelina Jolie in it again,but she's busy with her family life and all of that...I'm wondering,wouldn't it be GREAT if they made a 3D Tomb Raider movie? Like,Underworld(the TR game),or another story,i don't know,but 3D.Thus,we'd see Lara as she really is,she could perform the stunts she does in the games and all the places we see in the games would be in the movie,with all of their magic.I'm talking about a very realistic looking,dark movie with a dark story:hardcore,all 3D.I think that'd be much more efficient,and that'd satisfy many of our big fan's expectations.Plus,that might also boost the game sales.You know?

What do you guys think? I think the coming of the 3D movie would gain the interest of a lot of people,that'd be something different,and i'm sure people would get curious about it.That's what i'd call a real Tomb Raider movie,in its whole splendour.

Plus,the Actresses don't really pull off Lara's looks,except Angie.But Angie looks more like the old Lara,not the new one in the Underworld,yet,she's still the closest to Lara,looks wise.I think Lara's got a unique look that no one can actually imitate without looking trashy or somewhat trashy.And Megan Fox doesn't look classy enough to be Lara.I'm sorry,but that's what i think.PLUS,none of the actresses can pull off Lara's stunts.Not even with their doubles.Most of Lara's famous stunts are way too hard to pull off,or even impossible.I wanna get a full feeling of her and the places she explores in the movie.So,i say,3D's the best choice for that.I liked the other 2 movies,but they still didn't give me that game feleing i had when i was playing the games.

What do you guys think? Am i wrong?

LunderworldC
31st Jan 2009, 20:12
A 3D movie wouldn't be a bad idea at all!

But I'd rather Angelina Jolie!
She is our cinematic Lara Croft!I can't imagine anyone else...

A Movie,maybe based on the last 2 games.
Or maybe if they could include all Tomb Raider series,
if they could create a connection...that actually makes sense!

Darkness, Mystery, Intension, Drama, and a lot of Adventure!
THAT would be an AMAZING movie!

Don't you think so?:D

gunshitknife
31st Jan 2009, 22:50
Well,yeah,you're right.:)

But i still think a 3D one would be even nicer.

LC is Me
1st Feb 2009, 00:12
My suggestion?

Until Eidos decides to make it CG, I suggest they not make another movie.

CatexW
1st Feb 2009, 00:24
No Angelina Jolie - no Tomb Raider movie. Instant doom!

I agree with you. I didn't even know who Megan Fox was so I looked her up and instantly thought she looked like a Playboy model. Definitely not classy. Lara is Lady Lara Croft remember ;)

I've been browsing this and the other forums and I don't think I've read any posts that don't want Angelina back.

And 3D is not a bad idea! :)

Angelina can afford childcare for 6, right?

TRA_Abomination
1st Feb 2009, 07:57
If Angelina doesn't play Lara I will watch it but it's not going to be the same...

tombraidergal
1st Feb 2009, 13:26
i know, i was wondering what it'd be like, if you watch old tr's on youtube, they used movie animations for some cut scenes didn't they? Well, i think it'd be fab.

Samara
1st Feb 2009, 13:41
Angelina Jolie is the best for this character! They should not take another person! :mad:

Rexie
1st Feb 2009, 13:52
http://i187.photobucket.com/albums/x280/livepower/Laradd.png

FTW

(ain't happening though :()

My dog Max
1st Feb 2009, 14:20

FTW

is that you?

Rexie
1st Feb 2009, 14:24
is that you?

Lol, No :P

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0004294/

LunderworldC
1st Feb 2009, 18:33

FTW

Am, I don't think she looks like Lara....Not in a million years!!!:eek:
:mad2: NO,NO and NO :mad2:

Oh, and I don't want to see this Megan Fox as LARA CROFT...
I don't even know her! She's like Laras opposite!

I VOTE ANGELINA JOLIE or maybe a 3D movie!

tombraidergal
1st Feb 2009, 18:55
yeah exactly, lara's opposite, she could be a doppleganger, :D, i'd love a 3d verison like i said before.

LunderworldC
1st Feb 2009, 19:04
Oh, yeah a doppleganger...(yep like the game) Not a bad idea!

BTW,

╔ღ═╗╔╗
╚╗╔╝║║ღ═╦╦╦═ღ
╔╝╚╗ღ╚╣║║║║╠╣ ღ TOMB RAIDER ღ
╚═ღ╝╚═╩═╩ღ╩═╝

I can't wait for another movie to come!!! :D

MissJess
1st Feb 2009, 19:30
No more movies, unless it's cg and not a piece of crap.

LunderworldC
1st Feb 2009, 19:36
No more movies, unless it's cg and not a piece of crap.

Come on now...:rolleyes:

It's not gonna be a piece of crap!!! :eek:

I don't think so... A TOMB RAIDER movie...crap !!!

:scratch: What makes you think like that?:scratch:

I don't think like that, I'm actually looking forward to it! :D

Mertz523
1st Feb 2009, 19:42
I, for one, am keeping an open mind. Warners could very well surprise us if they hire the right people. Sure, I'm sad Angelina won't be back, but a re-boot's intention is to set itself apart from the rest and start anew. Granted, she was the major element that made the previous two films watchable, but she had her chance with Paramount and that company dropped the ball.

I would love to see a CG film. But I have faith in this re-boot. Until I hear more of what's going on and what direction they are taking it, I will continue to hope for the best.

Dr.Willard
1st Feb 2009, 19:44
Probably the past movies made her think that... :rolleyes:

I'd prefer them to actually stick to the game's aspects if they were going to make another movie. Because in my opinion, some of the love scenes and what not was actually a bit lame.

I wouldn't necessarily be bothered if they didn't make another movie either.

Mertz523
1st Feb 2009, 20:00
And that's what I'm hoping for, too. The re-boot could potentially be something truer to the games.

Again, this is just me being positive and hoping for the best whilst keeping an open mind. You would think they would have learned from the previous 2 films' mistakes and come up with something that would blow them out of the water and up the franchise's popularity in cinema and game-dom.

Dr.Willard
1st Feb 2009, 20:43
You would think but alas...

Tomb Raider has some real potential to live up to an action adventure film. Given a good storyline and budget, it could be awesome.

Actually, if they wanted a storyline then I wouldn't actually mind if they based it upon the current Crystal games. They have a strong story to them in my opinion.

LunderworldC
1st Feb 2009, 20:56
You would think but alas...

Tomb Raider has some real potential to live up to an action adventure film. Given a good storyline and budget, it could be awesome.

Actually, if they wanted a storyline then I wouldn't actually mind if they based it upon the current Crystal games. They have a strong story to them in my opinion.

I agree, in many ways with you... The last 2 games had an amazing storyline
(not that the other TRs' din't)

If they could make a movie based on those 2 games (maybe not exactly the same but simular , in a way that we'd be surprised) it would be amazing!

Yep,Tomb Raider 3rd movie HAS some really good potential !!! :D

angelus0901
1st Feb 2009, 21:05
Screw her family, she must be Lara!!!! I am only joking (about her family, that is)!! She MUST be Lara!!!!! I'd rather they don't make the movie if she's not a part of it!!!

LunderworldC
1st Feb 2009, 21:10
Screw her family, she must be Lara!!!! I am only joking (about her family, that is)!! She MUST be Lara!!!!! I'd rather they don't make the movie if she's not a part of it!!!

What do you mean by saying : "if she's not a part of it" or "she must be Lara" ???

Of what I saw at the last 2 games she WAS Lara.
The fact that she was looking for her mother didn't change anything!
In fact I believe it made it even better....

Mertz523
1st Feb 2009, 21:42

Lunderworld, Angelus is referring to Angelina Jolie being Lara Croft. Not Lara herself from the games...

LunderworldC
1st Feb 2009, 21:58
Lunderworld, Angelus is referring to Angelina Jolie being Lara Croft. Not Lara herself from the games...

Ah,ok thanx! :D

MissJess
1st Feb 2009, 22:49
Come on now...:rolleyes:

It's not gonna be a piece of crap!!! :eek:
I don't think so... A TOMB RAIDER movie...crap !!!

:scratch: What makes you think like that?:scratch:

I don't think like that, I'm actually looking forward to it! :D

Just because they put the name TOMB RAIDER on it does not mean it's good. Some disagree, but I did not like the first two movies, and I really don't feel they should make another one.

and, "It's not going to be a piece of crap!!!" How the hell do you know?

Alex_TRlc
2nd Feb 2009, 05:10
:wave:

I want Angelina As LARA :thumb:

The only problem is if warner is goin to restart the saga and put a younger Lara Angelina doest fit that.

So i sugest, to change a littel the movie character to fit with the game, and thats perfect,

andrew90
2nd Feb 2009, 20:07
A 3D movie would be great, I would love that!
About the third TR movie, I read somewhere that is gonna happend, and Angelin Jolie will not be Lara, the new Lara will be Megan Fox, and that someone from Eidos takes part as executive producer! I think Megan will be good as Lara, and I think she does look like Lara and I bet in the movie will look even more like her! I think the movie will be great if Eidos is involved!

PS: I don't know how reliable is the source but I thought I post it anyway!:)

Mertz523
2nd Feb 2009, 20:35
Megan Fox's reps have denied that rumor.

gunshitknife
2nd Feb 2009, 21:11
It was confirmed that it's not going to be Megan Fox in the third movie.And i honestly HOPE SHE WON'T! I mean,she does,kind of,look like Lara Croft,but like a trashy Lara Croft.But,aswe know,Lara's got a classy beauty about her,she's not some FHM,Playboy magazine chick like! Lara is a British aristocrat,living in the high society,educated woman,a serious person and serious to be taken sort of person.Megan Fox is NOTHING like that,if they had her in the movie,the movie would be a joke!

So,Angelina Jolie's the PERFECT for the role.Again,i'm gonna say that Lara herself isn't in her 20's anymore.So,Angie's perfect for the role,she also isn't in her 20's anymore.And if they don't have Angie star in the third,then,i think a 3D would be the best idea.I mean,that'd satisfy everyone's expectations.In a 3D world,anything's possible,and the movie would look and be exactly like the games.No matter how much they'd try,with real life actresses and places,reality can't completely pull off that Tomb Raider atmosphere that the games have.So,a 3D would be perfect.I personally would make a dark looking,mysterious,adventure filled,twisted storyline,action filled movie with tons of impossible,crazy stunts and with super dark,spooky,mysterious places like the Tomb Raider games have her explore.And Lara would look and be exactly as she is in the game,too! Exactly as we want her to be and look! Wouldn't that be awesome?

Note,the movie would look very realistic,even if 3D.

Anyway,what do you guys think,again? I think this 3D movie idea is brilliant.It'd be the Tomb Raider movie we always have dreamed of.

Oh,and thanks for your opinions.But please,do go on...i wanna hear some more opinions.

gunshitknife
2nd Feb 2009, 21:15
I'm not trying to denigrade Megan Fox,but i strongly feel she's not the right for the role.I'd be very dissapointed if she was chosen for the role.:(

Sina_Croft
2nd Feb 2009, 21:19
I would also love it when they would make a CGI movie <3333 :D

or just a animated movie would be fun ^^ :p

LunderworldC
2nd Feb 2009, 21:22
Just because they put the name TOMB RAIDER on it does not mean it's good. Some disagree, but I did not like the first two movies, and I really don't feel they should make another one.

and, "It's not going to be a piece of crap!!!" How the hell do you know?

Well, I don't actually know that but I can only assume... :D

And I ASSUME that it is NOT going to be a piece of crap!

Cause I LOVED the other 2 movies. :eek:

andrew90
2nd Feb 2009, 22:31
OK then, I agree with you! a 3D movie would be better, but I say, let it be done the third movie with Angelina (or whoever) and then make an other TR movie series in 3D, just like the games. I think that would be for the best!

MissJess
2nd Feb 2009, 23:01
Well, I don't actually know that but I can only assume... :D

And I ASSUME that it is NOT going to be a piece of crap!

Cause I LOVED the other 2 movies. :eek:

It's all personel taste my friend, and I respect your opinion.

LC is Me
3rd Feb 2009, 00:29
I don't even know her! She's like Laras opposite!!

Uh, dur.

It looks like it's been shop'd to look like the doppelganger minus the braid.

...lol...

@MissJess: I feel the exact same way.
d:

gunshitknife
3rd Feb 2009, 00:30
Yeah,well,as far as I know,Angie's not going to be in the next movie.So,if she won't be in the next movie,then they should make it 3D.A Tomb Raider movie's not Tomb Raider without Angelina Jolie.Period.SHE'S the Lara Croft! The true one!

Rexie
3rd Feb 2009, 13:35
Uh, dur.

It looks like it's been shop'd to look like the doppelganger minus the braid.

...lol...

@MissJess: I feel the exact same way.
d:

Gimp'd actually.

http://images.starpulse.com/Photos/Previews/Nadia-Bjorlin-sp01.jpg

tombraidergal
3rd Feb 2009, 14:05
is there actually any news on a 3rd movie. and anywayz, Kate Beckinsale would be good if she through on some extensions or maybe dyed her hair, or it'd be cool if she kept it black! she's brill in underworld movie. :D She's as close to looks angelina as anyone. (in my opinion.) i did a thread about voice actresses saying she'd be good, but now, i think she'd be good in a movie.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=WGoAFfqp8qw

her face at 0:14, she could be a good Lara... 1:03- she has two guns out! :D

LunderworldC
3rd Feb 2009, 14:52
is there actually any news on a 3rd movie. and anywayz, Kate Beckinsale would be good if she through on some extensions or maybe dyed her hair, or it'd be cool if she kept it black! she's brill in underworld movie. :D She's as close to looks angelina as anyone. (in my opinion.) i did a thread about voice actresses saying she'd be good, but now, i think she'd be good in a movie.

Here:

http://www.tombraiderchronicles.com/trmovie3/index.html

Go to :
THIRD TOMB RAIDER MOVIE IN THE PIPELINE
:D :D :D :D :D :D :D

tombraidergal
3rd Feb 2009, 15:02
Ok, but when is it coming out, have they even started yet?

tombraidergal
3rd Feb 2009, 15:04
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=o7l0mDnPwiI

^^^, it says angelina is going to be in the third movie, what we need now, is proof, like an interview

LunderworldC
3rd Feb 2009, 15:06
Ok, but when is it coming out, have they even started yet?

I really wish I knew that...but I don't know. :(
But I'll look for it and if I find anything I'll let you know! :D

:D :D Wish me luck! :D :D

LunderworldC
3rd Feb 2009, 15:10

^^^, it says angelina is going to be in the third movie, what we need now, is proof, like an interview

I don't think this is true...

I really hope it is although!

LC is Me
3rd Feb 2009, 20:00
Gimp'd actually.

http://images.starpulse.com/Photos/Previews/Nadia-Bjorlin-sp01.jpg
Ahh...
d:

LunderworldC
3rd Feb 2009, 20:16

Look at this:

http://www.tombnews.com/movie/tombraider3/

It says the same here!
Do you think it is true?

LC is Me
3rd Feb 2009, 20:53
Look at this:

http://www.tombnews.com/movie/tombraider3/

It says the same here!
Do you think it is true?
Wait wait.
She's pregnant AGAIN?

Didn't she just have twins not too long ago?
She's popping out babies left and right.

Oh and I suppose that's good news too, about the movie.

LunderworldC
3rd Feb 2009, 21:07
Wait wait.
She's pregnant AGAIN?

Didn't she just have twins not too long ago?
She's popping out babies left and right.

Oh and I suppose that's good news too, about the movie.

Hahaha, :lol: "popping out babies left and right" :lol:

HA,you made me laugh!
Here:
http://www.aceshowbiz.com/news/view/00020886.html

OH...and some good news(for me atleast)

http://www.aceshowbiz.com/news/view/00021550.html

:D :D :D :D

gunshitknife
3rd Feb 2009, 21:22
Angelina's pregnant AGAIN??!!???!!! What the hell is going on with her??? I'd be tired after those 3 already! Geez!!!!

And yes,Kate Beckinsale would actually make a great Lara Croft! She's got a classy beauty about her,and she's also thin enough.And she's actually British herself!!! Yes yes,me likes the idea.:D :thumbsup: :thumb: :p

archelogy101
3rd Feb 2009, 21:59

I would have to agree..after all with all that Underworld experience..why not? Another thing... I don't think that the hair color should not be an issue.... Black, brown, red or blond, if she can move as equally as agile, such as or even quicker than the current TR model, Allison Carroll, then maybe we got someone for the part... Maybe even Allison can do it as well? What do you think, forum?

LC is Me
4th Feb 2009, 00:30
Angelina's pregnant AGAIN??!!???!!! What the hell is going on with her??? I'd be tired after those 3 already! Geez!!!!

And yes,Kate Beckinsale would actually make a great Lara Croft! She's got a classy beauty about her,and she's also thin enough.And she's actually British herself!!! Yes yes,me likes the idea.:D :thumbsup: :thumb: :p
Eh, I'd be tired thinking about having one.
d:

She must love her "job"...

@LunderworldC: Ouch. She needs to temp. shut the baby factory.
o___________________o