PDA

View Full Version : Batman: Downloadable content dream requests

GarciaD42
30th Jan 2009, 18:47
OK, so I know many have already mentioned costumes but I would like to Make a Thread called Batman:AA DLC requests. If the moderators don't mind, I hope they don't flame on me. I just can't stop thinking of all the amazing requests that the batman fans probably have in mind, and hopefully they can use this thread to organize these ideas or hopes for the future of this awsome game.

I would like to start by just posting some DLC hopes of my own:
I have always been a fan of the more simple, and utilitarian versions of Batman
maybe a version of miller's year one batman would be awsome. The fans of a realism based Batman would probably appreciate this type of design. A costume with olive drab military pouches and makeshift combat costume with combat boots and a cowl with the short ears. I'll leave it to the pros at Eidos to truly sort it out. Just think of the batman that is already in the game with the cool black bat drawn on his chest, except with shorter ears, less tech stuff and more swat or military stuff. Kinda like a mix between Batman and Solid Snake.

so that is my dream batman costume request.
I hope to see other sweet requests soon.

Bob Kane
30th Jan 2009, 20:19
I hope in new characters and enemies of Batman and new missions:)

FrozenInferno
30th Jan 2009, 21:11
I would think a good DLC would be a extension of the story, more villains, allies, gadgets and moves.

But I had an idea, which will probably never happen, but I'll share it anyways. Instead of Arkham Asylum, it would be Wayne Manor. The villains in the Wayne Manor, but you, Batman would have to defeat all the villains and save Alfred. The environment would be a huge mansion, featuring the Batcave. This would be cool as DLC.

|THE D3T3TIVE|
1st Feb 2009, 19:08
I would think a good DLC would be a extension of the story, more villains, allies, gadgets and moves.

But I had an idea, which will probably never happen, but I'll share it anyways. Instead of Arkham Asylum, it would be Wayne Manor. The villains in the Wayne Manor, but you, Batman would have to defeat all the villains and save Alfred. The environment would be a huge mansion, featuring the Batcave. This would be cool as DLC.

They did something like that in the batman Begin's game with Ras. and that would Not be very long. i would like afew bat mobile mission's though. i was not a big fan of the new bond game for the sheer fact it was to sort and there where no driving mission's. i hated how it controlled in batman vengeance. worst controls for a driving level ever.

and for costume's i would like to be able to wear the batman begins & the dark knight suit. maybe even when you download this it's changes every one's look. makes the joker more Nolan style and such. it would also be cool like in the frist spider-man the movie game where you can play as peter maybe be able to play as bruce wayne in a tux lol.

HystericFreak
1st Feb 2009, 21:36
You know what I would really love for DLC? Extra artwork, posed screenshots, maybe comments by the voice actors who are returning from TAS, those sorts of things. It'd be nice to hear them all giving their ideas on the game, and the changes to their characters. Plus, I love visual candy and artwork is always so nice.

Also, as I think someone mentioned maybe a few extra rooms, levels or bosses as DLC could be a nice addition, something with a good plot and some fun. Still, that's more of a 'if you can be bothered' Eidos, and not a 'this is the only DLC you are permitted'. THink outside the box for DLC! Make it worthwhile.

SamStar42
1st Feb 2009, 21:36
I'm guessing there's about 3 different options.

1: As I've previously said, character packs. Play the storyline again as the Joker, Two Face, Robin etc.

2: A bonus little 'mission', with the Joker. I just want to play as the Joker. Please let me play as the Joker. :o

3: Maybe a map pack, Halo-esc?

I'm all for the batmobile suggestion as well.

WhatsHisFace
1st Feb 2009, 21:37
Just give it to me WITH the game. Thanks.

SamStar42
1st Feb 2009, 21:39
Just give it to me WITH the game. Thanks.

Then it wouldn't be DLC. :p

I just hope it's not a Sims/Spore esc game, where you have to download something new for about 1000 marketplace points per month.

WhatsHisFace
2nd Feb 2009, 00:14
Then it wouldn't be DLC. :p
Then you wouldn't have to be micro-charged for things that should have just shipped with the game.

I don't want games having DLC planned from the get-go. Do it like Crackdown, where you just make a game, and then a year down the line you decide, since the game is still popular, to make some fun extras.

Don't develop a game saying "Yeah, let's just take out half the content and then sell it to the customer for even more money!" It's that kind of thinking that still entraps this industry within lousy development processes.

Stealthguy1986
2nd Feb 2009, 05:48
Personally speaking I prefer the game to be moddable rather than a dlc. If the dev can release a dev kit like Bethesda's then we fans can create our missions, modify batty and stuff like these.

DrBo42
2nd Feb 2009, 08:00
Downloadable costumes would be great. Another thing I've heard many people request is to completely white-out Batman's eyes like they are in TAS and most comic versions, have it be an unlockable or something. Kind of off-DLC topic here but I hope there are multiple difficulty modes, with something like Dark Knight being the hardest level. Reduce the equipment availability number in the game, and make 1 gunshot wound be a death for Batman. A super-realistic, incredibly challenging difficulty would be awesome. Another cool thing would be something like the Horde mode included in Gears of War 2. Have Batman in one of Arkham's areas fighting wave after wave of baddies, every 10 levels are bosses etc.

harveysburntside
4th Feb 2009, 16:57
Give me glitch fixes first.
I know the game isn't even out, but we'd be foolish to assume it won't have ANY glitches. So I'll take patches that make the game run super smooth before I worry about extra content.
That being said...
How about a bonus level based on Gordon's carnival ride in Killing Joke?
I'd love to see Frank Miller's costumes available.
Or maybe a vampire Batman....

GarciaD42
4th Feb 2009, 18:39
I'd have to say Patches are a given.
But, A creepy funhouse level would be pretty sweet.

tomstoyz
10th Feb 2009, 07:54
Oh man, there are so many options it's hard to decide. I really like the "Killing Joke Carnival Ride" idea plus a few different Batmobiles would be very cool!

quandon
10th Feb 2009, 17:51
NAZI ZOMBIES!!

AKA a zombie fighting mini-game

you know it's true!! :P

ryukoken69
10th Feb 2009, 19:10
NAZI ZOMBIES!!

AKA a zombie fighting mini-game

you know it's true!! :P
So then wouldn't it be called Gotham Zombies? :confused:

DrCLos
12th Feb 2009, 01:12
I would love a Batman Beyond themed DLC. You get to go around the Asylum as Terry voiced by Will Friedle with Kevin Conroy acting as your "Oracle."

You are sent to the past to apprehend Blight, who is seeking the same formula The Joker is. Inque, Shriek, Curare, and Spellbinder are there to get in your way. All under the employ of Mr. Powers himself.

Of course, Terry gets some different abilities like going invisible, shocker batarangs, and rocket boots. His weakness, however, is that since he's not as good at detective work as Bruce, Terry doesn't get as much info when using investigative mode.

What do you guys think?

HystericFreak
12th Feb 2009, 09:22
Would probably be beyond DLC (which is generally like bonus levels and other shiny bits of tat) for that sort of thing DrCLos, though it's a nice idea. It'd be more suited to its own game, though I suppose this is the ideal world dream DLC thread. =P

Then again, I'd just be happy with a complete and finished game.

CrashxUae
13th Feb 2009, 15:14
I hope i can download the joker from psn and play as the joker

DrCLos
15th Feb 2009, 03:08
A side mission where Ra's al Ghul shows up to get his hands on the formula. Batman must use his detective skills to scour the asylum to find Ra's and stop him. With Talia and the League of Assassins blocking your path, Arkham has become that much more dangerous.

This, of course, assumes that Ra's is not in the game.

batdude
16th Feb 2009, 05:05
A mission that takes place in a random apartment (Luxury). It's revealed that Hush has lured you here, and he brought a crap load of old villains with him. (So you can kick the crap out of villans not featured in the game, excuse to fight Ra's al ghul) It's just like a fight club, and you take down hush at the end, but Bats is badly beaten so Hush has an advantage, what do you guys think?

Tyl93
19th Feb 2009, 12:11
A mission that takes place in a random apartment (Luxury). It's revealed that Hush has lured you here, and he brought a crap load of old villains with him. (So you can kick the crap out of villans not featured in the game, excuse to fight Ra's al ghul) It's just like a fight club, and you take down hush at the end, but Bats is badly beaten so Hush has an advantage, what do you guys think?

that would work, except that all the important villains are featured in the main game. but you could always fight the great white shark or humpty dumpty before hush. XD