PDA

View Full Version : When do you think DX3 will come out?

ROCK STARTIST
30th Jan 2009, 02:06
Summer or Fall 2009?

The Anticipation is starting to take over me.

3nails4you
30th Jan 2009, 02:10
Speaking of which, I can't WAIT for Ghostbusters!

http://www.ghostbustersgame.com/

AaronJ
30th Jan 2009, 02:38
Summer.

Then a delay, so Fall.

3nails4you
30th Jan 2009, 02:42
Summer.

Then a delay, so Fall.

Then, with our luck, a day before release, a crash of the entire world economic system, leaving all the copies of DX3 in some warehouse in Canada. NOO!

Dead-Eye
30th Jan 2009, 02:53
I think will see a demo at EA this year... or rather developers will.

AaronJ
30th Jan 2009, 02:57
Then, with our luck, a day before release, a crash of the entire world economic system, leaving all the copies of DX3 in some warehouse in Canada. NOO!

I'M IN CANADA

jamhaw
30th Jan 2009, 03:03

At first I dance for joy, then I realise that, the copies would be on the other side of the country, and I'm not going to trudge through the post apocolyptic wasteland that is Ontario! :mad2:

MaxxQ1
30th Jan 2009, 03:34
At first I dance for joy, then I realise that, the copies would be on the other side of the country, and I'm not going to trudge through the post apocolyptic wasteland that is Ontario! :mad2:

Isn't Ontario a PRE-apocalyptic wasteland?:D

Edit: On-topic. I'm gonna say early 2010.

Jerion
30th Jan 2009, 04:15

I will drive there, take all the copies, and mail one to every member of the forum at the original purchase price + $5. ;)

WhatsHisFace
30th Jan 2009, 04:16
No sooner than Fall 2009. Probably 2010.

acce245
30th Jan 2009, 04:46
Wouldn't it be great if there were a game like fallout, wherein someone from the eastern Canadian coast had to trudge through their wasteland and retrieve the copies of Deus Ex 3 (the game that will save humanity, by the way), and return them to the rightful owners (that would be, us loyal fans)?

But, seriously, I am guessing it will come out about the same time as Starcraft Ghost or some such nonsense like that. So, 2011 (hopefully before december 2012...)

3nails4you
30th Jan 2009, 05:00
I will drive there, take all the copies, and mail one to every member of the forum at the original purchase price + $5. ;)

You can't drive. There is no economy, and if that happened oil was probably the first to go.

Jerion
30th Jan 2009, 05:01
I will use a hydrogen-powered vehicle.

I will find a way.

GmanPro
30th Jan 2009, 05:14
^^ I'll give you a lift in exchange for a free copy of DX3...

<-- Notice the avatar? I'm totally prepared for the post-apocalyptic future.

Jerion
30th Jan 2009, 05:31
^^ I'll give you a lift in exchange for a free copy of DX3...

<-- Notice the avatar? I'm totally prepared for the post-apocalyptic future.

You got it. :)

Now where did I put my Scoped .44 Magnum? Those things come in handy for the hordes of post-apocalyptic bandits. :)

Frraksurred
30th Jan 2009, 06:27
I'm hoping for Christmas '09, but realistically I'd say we're looking at Summer 2010.

imported_van_HellSing
30th Jan 2009, 08:53
When it's done. :rasp:

Seriously though, I highly doubt it'll be released this year. We haven't seen as much as a single trailer (the teaser doesn't count), for some reason the only previews appeared in Europe, and even the promised dev blog is way behind schedule.

Mezmerizer
30th Jan 2009, 09:04
What a nightmare:eek:

Jerion
30th Jan 2009, 09:25
When it's done. :rasp:

Seriously though, I highly doubt it'll be released this year. We haven't seen as much as a single trailer (the teaser doesn't count), for some reason the only previews appeared in Europe, and even the promised dev blog is way behind schedule.

And how do you know what the schedule is, hmm? :D

Be patient. Good Things™ are coming. The first of which is much nearer than you may suspect. ;)

imported_van_HellSing
30th Jan 2009, 09:40
I don't know what the current schedule is, but I seem to remember the bog was originally supposed to be here last autumn. Then december, but instead we got blackballed :rasp:

Be patient. Good Things™ are coming. The first of which is much nearer than you may suspect.
Honestly? Getting deja vu here.

Jerion
30th Jan 2009, 10:13
^^ This time I'm serious.

Not. :p

Sabretooth1
30th Jan 2009, 13:36
I thought it was late 2009/early 2010? 2010 sounds a bit too far away, so I'll go with Holiday Season 2009.

In any case, if it was Summer the release date would have been announced by now.

Anachronos
31st Jan 2009, 00:14
Quality games require a lot of time in the making. I don't mind the game coming Q1 or Q2 of 2010 if that means that the developers will have the time to polish the game. I see a 2009 highly unlikely. Anything later than Q4 2009 will fit my schedule quite fine :)

El_Bel
31st Jan 2009, 00:38

5 silver dolars you mean. Fiat Dollar will collapse along with the global economy.

spm1138
31st Jan 2009, 00:52
Sometime after it's done.

It's a little hard to judge quite when that will be from what we've seen so far.

Could be 010 at this point.

Laokin
31st Jan 2009, 10:51
Summer or Fall 2009?

The Anticipation is starting to take over me.

Late summer/early fall 2009. Potentially as early as July. The game is far along enough to hit that mark provided it goes smoothly from now to then. That's 6 months away, if it were shown off in 2 months hyped and marketed the following month would leave 4 months of a media blitz to a HIGHLY anticipated game = good sales.

Although I'm sure there will be a console port as well. So they might push it back and launch simultaneous. The only chance we have of the early release is if they decide to release it before the port AND it must go relatively smoothly from here on out. Although, this is the part where it usually goes the smoothest. So that's in our favor.

These are my reasons for expecting it Late summer/early fall.... I don't think it could be later than December. I'm fairly sure we will see an '09 release. If not I'll be more than disappointed. That would mean that they ran almost twice as long as they should have considering the size of the team and the original projection. Also, due to the potential port or oversight of bugs being a huge possibility I stay optimistic that the early release is possible but thus, not likely.

P.S.

2012 is 2 years from 2010.. yeah, if the world does end... 2 years isn't enough time. What if a late 2010 release, then possibly 1 year of play time = ouch.

Please don't go taking that seriously...

Nathan2000
31st Jan 2009, 12:01
2012 is 2 years from 2010.. yeah, if the world does end... 2 years isn't enough time. What if a late 2010 release, then possibly 1 year of play time = ouch.

Isn't the world supposed to end in December? If Deus Ex 3 comes out for Christmas 2009, then you'll have three full years. Should be enough. We'll probably even see some mod, provided that there will be a way to mod it.

This post was deadly serious.

GmanPro
31st Jan 2009, 20:59
Its going to be released for PC on October the 11th 2009. And then 360 and PS3 ports will be released on December the 17th and 19th respectively ... I have received a premonition.

a house
31st Jan 2009, 22:29
Its going to be released for PC on October the 11th 2009. And then 360 and PS3 ports will be released on December the 17th and 19th respectively ... I have received a premonition.
Yes indeed, I have received the same!!! Some bloke told me during a game of 9-ball with boiled eggs.

Jerion
31st Jan 2009, 23:12

You know too much. You must be silenced. http://www.kof.invisionzone.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/ninja.gif

Frraksurred
1st Feb 2009, 07:03
As long as it's good, I don't care. If it does come out this year, that will just be bonus.

singularity
4th Feb 2009, 01:54
My bet is on first quarter, 2010. Wouldn't be surprised if it gets announced for a holliday release, 2009, but pushed back for March of '10. If at all possible, it should probably try to avoid compitition with Bioshock and Mass Effect 2 (2 sci-fi RPG/ adventure titles with shooting elements that are due out in '09, each of which had previous itterations that sold like hot-cakes in an eskimo village), if only because Deus Ex has been out of the spot light for quite some time and for a lot of people, the only experience they have with a Deus Ex game is Invisible War (thanks to extensive advertising).

Spring or Summer of 2010 would be awesome. Get the word out that the original PC leviathan is back and better than ever, pump up the hype, get the viral marketing flowing across the net, and show up durring a season that is typically devoid of good titles after everyone has had their Mass Effect-fix. Smells like money.

jamhaw
10th Mar 2009, 03:53
Now I just want to say before this thread is deleted or merged or moved or whatever, that I put a lot of thought into this thread. I considered what would happen to the thread and checked the other threads.

So back on topic, I think I have heard fall of this year in somewhere and somewhere else I believe I have heard Christmas 2010.

WhatsHisFace
10th Mar 2009, 04:10
Now I just want to say before this thread is deleted or merged or moved or whatever, that I put a lot of thought into this thread. I considered what would happen to the thread and checked the other threads.

So back on topic, I think I have heard fall of this year in somewhere and somewhere else I believe I have heard Christmas 2010.

All signs point to Q4 2009. Unless it gets delayed, or is just granted more dev time, scheduling places it at the end of the year. (D'isastrous said this game will have a 24 month dev-cycle past proof of concept. At least 17 of those months are gone.)

K^2
10th Mar 2009, 04:37
Buyout by Square might shift the tables. Typically, I'd expect more information be available for a game that's on target for Q4, but the Square thing might obstruct the info channels without having bearing on release date. If that is the case, it might still be Q4. I wouldn't be surprised if it becomes Q1-Q2 of '10, though.

Wulflorne
10th Mar 2009, 04:51
Hopefully the game would inevitably be better for it. Let the fruit ripen, I say; this is a very important game. It has the ability to make a bold statement about the industry's current course, if it pays proper homage to its original namesake.

Jerion
10th Mar 2009, 07:13
Dunno. I'd say a Q4 2009-Q1 2010 release is most likely. Don't take my word for it though.

maikkeey
10th Mar 2009, 14:20
aslong as its out by Q2 2010 I'll be happy :D hoping for it to be in time for xmas this year though

Necros
10th Mar 2009, 19:36
Dunno. I'd say a Q4 2009-Q1 2010 release is most likely. Don't take my word for it though.
Yeah, that's my bet too. It would be a nice surprise if it comes out before Christmas but I'm not gonna hold my breath. :) Besides, a game like DX3 needs time, I don't want a rushed out bug fest.

Spyhopping
10th Mar 2009, 20:05
I'd like it to be released in the winter months so I don't feel guilty for spending most of the day indoors :p

WhatsHisFace
10th Mar 2009, 20:41
Yeah, that's my bet too. It would be a nice surprise if it comes out before Christmas but I'm not gonna hold my breath. :) Besides, a game like DX3 needs time, I don't want a rushed out bug fest.

Eidos has historically pushed to get it's big titles out the door in time for Christmas. You can count on DX3 releasing in the fall.

Necros
11th Mar 2009, 12:20
Eidos has historically pushed to get it's big titles out the door in time for Christmas. You can count on DX3 releasing in the fall.
The fall, 2009 Q3? I think that's too early.

Lady_Of_The_Vine
11th Mar 2009, 12:42
I'd like it to be released in the winter months so I don't feel guilty for spending most of the day indoors :p

Yeah, when the nights draw in quicker - darkness here in the UK at 4pm in the afternoon. Excellent! :D

DXeXodus
11th Mar 2009, 14:30
I think it may be released sooner than a lot of people may think.

Or wait, maybe that's just me being optimistic again.

I honestly don't mind if it bubbles away for quite a while still, so long as it's good.

exxon_valdez
19th Mar 2009, 18:47
(hopefully before december 2012...)

:lol: :thumb:

imported_van_HellSing
19th Mar 2009, 18:55
It will be released just after Eidos finally merges with Square Enix.

EDIT: This message was censored by René to the point of having lost its meaning.

GmanPro
25th Mar 2009, 03:08
If DX3 was going to be shipped out in the fall, chances are they'd already be accepting pre-orders. So now it feels more like summer of 2010.

steelle
25th Mar 2009, 03:37
Whats with the Ontario hate earlier in this thread? Its not so bad here. Kingston is pretty cool, and the GTA is ok, just not Toronto itself (smells like a bag of farts).

Qumni
25th Mar 2009, 03:39
umm what are all these Q's with numbers about?:hmm:

FrankCSIS
25th Mar 2009, 03:43
The one good memory I have of Kingston was a waiter who originally thought we were German tourists, and later proceeded to attempt speaking to us in French. This makes no sense, and neither did he, but it was a good evening.

As for a release, it's hard to say. They speak of 2-year developing cycles, but we still have so little to go by I can't imagine how that will work out.

GmanPro
25th Mar 2009, 03:48
umm what are all these Q's with numbers about?:hmm:

Quarter and Year

Jerion
25th Mar 2009, 05:31
Wish like hell I could set the record straight on this.

IOOI
25th Mar 2009, 13:21
Buyout by Square might shift the tables. Typically, I'd expect more information be available for a game that's on target for Q4, but the Square thing might obstruct the info channels without having bearing on release date. If that is the case, it might still be Q4. I wouldn't be surprised if it becomes Q1-Q2 of '10, though.

Same to me. There's little information about this. I guess between May and July, early Summer 2010. Vacation time.
I hope they release a demo first. Someone should do a poll for a demo release.

Lady_Of_The_Vine
25th Mar 2009, 13:35
Not sure we need a poll but we do have a discussion thread here:
http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?t=81548

FrankCSIS
25th Mar 2009, 22:35
Wish like hell I could set the record straight on this.

It would be simpler for everyone if they did, actually ;)

Lady_Of_The_Vine
26th Mar 2009, 00:15
I love secrets! :cool:

FrankCSIS
26th Mar 2009, 01:59
I love uncovering them.

Sometimes I even do.