PDA

View Full Version : New Trailer Analysis

SammiiDoogles
29th Jan 2009, 20:35
So the New trailers out, and it kicks major ass :)
(this is it btw; http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=OMvsqSAd-D8)
So i figured it try and make a little trailer analysis :)

0:11-0:15
The New Bat signal

0:16-0:20
The New Batmobile,
Very nice,
Reminds me of the Burton Batmobile but with a slight HR Giger-esque Twist

0:21-0:27
The Entrance to the Asylum, Reminds me of the Entrance to the Batcave in the Burton Movies, Very Creepy Looking

0:28-0:31
Shows the Super High tech Locks, you'd think it'd be enough to keep batman contained...

0:32-0:38
Joker is Wheeled through the asylum
"Look at all this new Security"
(woo mark hamill)

0:38-0:40
Big elevator, these could be access to other areas in the asylum maybe ?

0:41-0:50
The Joker's taken in to some large room.
Batmans first line :)
(Woo Kevin Conroy)
and Jim Gordon, Not sure i like his design though, he looks a bit too butch in my opinion

0:51-0:54
Joker Fakes a fall and attacks a guard

0:54-1:00
Batman Smashes a Window and Begins to Persue Joker
"I set a trap, and you sprang it gloooooriuosly

1:02
"Now Lets Get this Party Started!"

1:04-1:06
Cell Doors opened,
People in straight jackets run from the cells

1:06-1:10
Batman Swinging Through the Building and Dropping down to Kick someone in the face!

1:10-1:12
Joker talking to bat's on a PC Monitor,
Batman Takes Down a goon, i find the amount of bodies on the floor a bit over the top though...

1:12-1:14
Joker talks a bit and a guard is chained to a Gurney with a sign saying "DEAD END"... he looks pretty dead to me, with his gawping mouth 'n all

1:14-1:15
Joker Dances ^_^

1:15-1:16
Batman Takes Down (or up) A goon from above

1:16-1:18
Some combat, a few goons are the same, i hope the sort this out.
Batman Sneaks by some guards looking for him, this shows some more of Batman different vision modes

1:18-1:19
A Goon gets a Kick to the face Chuck Norris would be proud of

1:20-1:23
Bats Jumps down a shaft, Chokes someone and Headbutts someone

1:23-1:24
Batman Blows up an (obviously) weak wall with what looks like some form of plastic explosive moulded into the shape of a bat

1:24-1:25
Batman Throws a Batarang at the joker, but you dont see what happens

1:25
A room full of people from the asylum or doctors, LOTS of blood on the walls

1:25-1:27
Batman Uses his Grappel to ascend to a higher floor in a big circular library

1:28-1:33
The Bat opens his Wings and Glides into a cave in a cliff face below, one of the Batcave-esque hubs mentioned?
Also a quick view of gotham

1:34-1:39
"Its over Joker"
"Over? Why my Dear Delusional Dark Knight, it hasnt even begun"
Joker Blows up the cables on an elavator, it falls as batman narrowly dodges it

1:40-1:44
A Nice Shadowed Shot of the Joker, While You hear him Laugh like the psycopath he is

1:44-1:52
New Logo for the Game, and shows it is to be released "Summer 2009"

So thats about it, feel free to add anything you spot :)

(Timings based on timing from the youtube video i uploaded
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=OMvsqSAd-D8)

Thanks for reading :)

EmilyChick
29th Jan 2009, 21:04
:thumb:

Bolt Phoenix
29th Jan 2009, 21:32
Nice analysis, it's very detailed.

When I went over this I found a couple of points that I hadn't noticed before so by posting this you've pointed them out for me.

Thank you! ^^

SammiiDoogles
29th Jan 2009, 21:47
Nice analysis, it's very detailed.

When I went over this I found a couple of points that I hadn't noticed before so by posting this you've pointed them out for me.

Thank you! ^^

aha thankyou ^_^

Wigglez
30th Jan 2009, 02:10
Ign.com did an analysis for the trailer and they said that the guy with the spikes out of his arms was Doomsday. We all know that it couldn't be Doomsday. He would just be too rediculous for this game. Didn't we all come to the conclusion that it was Amygdala?

RonnyGreen
30th Jan 2009, 05:56
Was it Mark Hamill who said "Let's get this party started!"
It sounds ike someone else entirely :scratch:

The_Hylden
30th Jan 2009, 06:31
I had to stop listening to that IGN analysis one. It's like they haven't ever heard of this game or any info on it before, then made that video... Bullet holes on Batman's suit?? I couldn't take it anymore...

As for this trailer, it's great. It shows us Conroy and Hamill in their roles for this game, which Joker especially has the familiar Batman: TAS sound, but a little deeper and gruffer. I am waiting for the high rez version of this to pop up, since I am not enjoying the YouTube (supposed high rez) low rez noise obscuring the greatness.

Drazar
30th Jan 2009, 16:42
1:25
A room full of people from the asylum, LOTS of blood on the walls

Now, when i look at it those people seem to be getting gassed and they seem to be doctors, not inmates or anything. Now the room also reminds me alot of the room where we see (what we all presume to be) Amygdala guy, but what if this game just has a tougher "unit" of inmates/patiants/doctors who have been spayed by a Bane venom? I mean, im sure somehow Joker (the master of poisons) could have formulated it into a spray gas, but then again this theory is rather far fetched and it might just be the gas room where the patiants die as the gamespot preview says.

boutdoe
30th Jan 2009, 16:58
Yea you broke it down pretty good, save me some time..If its cool with you I would like to post this analysis on my site let me know if you want and i'll take it down www.analoghype.com

imbatman08
30th Jan 2009, 19:03
did any1 else notice that there ls like 3 or more guards with a tash that kinda all look the same

hope they try improve this a lil

GarciaD42
30th Jan 2009, 19:30
the batmobile seems more like the one from batman forever with the lights coming out of all the grills on the car.

SammiiDoogles
30th Jan 2009, 21:42
Now, when i look at it those people seem to be getting gassed and they seem to be doctors, not inmates or anything. Now the room also reminds me alot of the room where we see (what we all presume to be) Amygdala guy, but what if this game just has a tougher "unit" of inmates/patiants/doctors who have been spayed by a Bane venom? I mean, im sure somehow Joker (the master of poisons) could have formulated it into a spray gas, but then again this theory is rather far fetched and it might just be the gas room where the patiants die as the gamespot preview says.

i changed that for you :)

Yea you broke it down pretty good, save me some time..If its cool with you I would like to post this analysis on my site let me know if you want and i'll take it down www.analoghype.com

Yeah dude :) its alright, you can use it :D
And thanks for crediting me for posting it :thumb:
:)

SammiiDoogles
31st Jan 2009, 01:41
i really hate to say this, i really do because i am a major fan of batman TAS but that doesn't really sound like the mark hamill joker that i grew up with. I mean don't get me wrong, i love the joker and i was excited to know that mark hamill was gonna be him again since he had the perfect joker voice but.... he sounds so different? the voice, the laugh, everything! i mean kevin conneroy sounds perfect exactly like i remember but the joker seems so different.

Lol didnt you post this in another topic :P ?

shadowmatt18
31st Jan 2009, 05:34
Lol didnt you post this in another topic :P ?

lol i think i did, my bad. it's gone now.

SammiiDoogles
1st Feb 2009, 00:10
lol i think i did, my bad. it's gone now.

:P dw, i wasn't complaining.

Anyway, this is a good thread to look at http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?t=85828
you can see some of the things mentioned in this thread, but a lot clearer :)

:D

JD_Method
7th Feb 2009, 15:30
1:23-1:24
Batman Blows up an (obviously) weak wall with what looks like some form of plastic explosive moulded into the shape of a bat

It's the explosive gel actually ;)

tomstoyz
10th Feb 2009, 07:59
Woo!! :lmao: Kevin Conroy & Mark Hamill!!

thewrongvine
13th Feb 2009, 02:26
Haha, nice analysis. Not sure what one would do with it but, still cool. :D