PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else feeling this way?

k1ll1ng j0k3
27th Jan 2009, 16:33
Ok, so when I first read about this game I promised myself that I would just be cautiously optimistic. All the other batman games have been pieces of crap so I didn’t want to get my hopes high up just to be crushed with deception, but as more and more of this game is revealed, I forget about the promise that I made to myself. Seriously, Paul Dini is writing the game, Mark Hamill will voice The Joker and Kevin Conroy will voice Batman and the pictures look amazing, I don’t know about the combat yet but I do know that not only you beat them up but you also get to play the detective! So now I find myself logging in this forum everyday, hungry for more! I want them to take their time but I feel the anxiety building in! I feel like a kid waiting for (insert awesome holiday of your preference here) Is anyone else feeling this way? Or am I just the crazy one that threw that cautiously optimistic b.s. out of the window? :nut: :eek: :rasp: :confused: :scratch:

Kai Rei
27th Jan 2009, 16:55
I know what your talking about. I think this really is the Batman game we've been waiting for all these year's. Dark and gritty, just how I feel the Batman should be.

k1ll1ng j0k3
27th Jan 2009, 17:26
I know! It looks amazing! I am so exited that Paul Dini is linked to the project, I love what he did during Batman The Animated Series, I think he took the dark knight to a new level of realism not only there but in the comic book world as well, and Mark Hamill as The Joker? That’s just pure awesomeness! Well it’s awesome to know that a lot of people are exited about this game and that there are a lot of batman fans out there!

angleslam99
27th Jan 2009, 17:51
You're not alone man. I was in the same boat you were in. Key word: WAS. As soon as I found out more info about this game it got me even more pumped. I also made myself a similar promise about not setting my expectations too high and to just let it happen, but now I come here everyday (maybe even 3-4 times a day) looking for more info and hopefully new screenshots.

As nerdy as it sounds but I feel like this could be the video game to end them all. I just can't see the developers failing us with this game. It looks fantastic and is promising so much that it feels too good to be true. As soon as this hits the shelves I'll guarantee that I'll be buying this game. If there is a Collector's Edition, I'll buy it. But I seriously cant get enough of this game. It feels like the Dark Knight where everyday people were looking for new info, new trailers, new scenes everyday until the movie came out. People were HUNGRY for MORE. And I cannot wait until the new trailer is released.

shadowmatt18
27th Jan 2009, 18:15
i have been a huge batman fan since i was a little kid and to be framk about it, i really have wanted some amazing batman games and those prayers weren't answered. i really hope that this game will be awesome and like you i really desperatly want to see something, we know theyre almost done but we just wanna see some gameplay.

HystericFreak
27th Jan 2009, 21:40
I've not been this excited for a game in a long time; looking forward to it with keen anticipation and my fan girl flags at the ready.

I don't see how I couldn't enjoy it in some respects, even if the gameplay is shocking and there are horrific issues, Mistah J is there in all his glory and it's like a big welcome home party for the Bats... How can that not be awesome?!

k1ll1ng j0k3
28th Jan 2009, 00:23
I've not been this excited for a game in a long time; looking forward to it with keen anticipation and my fan girl flags at the ready.

I don't see how I couldn't enjoy it in some respects, even if the gameplay is shocking and there are horrific issues, Mistah J is there in all his glory and it's like a big welcome home party for the Bats... How can that not be awesome?! awwww all that love for your puddin, isn't it nice to see that all the people here share almost the same love that you have for the man who laughs?

HystericFreak
28th Jan 2009, 06:31
Yessiry bob, is great to see so many crazies- erm, I mean.. naw hell I mean crazies, we are all a bit mad aren't we? Ahh, you have to laugh. =P

Let's just hope we get some nice banter between all the chars. That'd make me a happy girl, to hear them all quipping and being their loveable selves. I do hope they get some more of the original voice actors in from B:TAS, be good to hear everyone sounding right.

angleslam99
28th Jan 2009, 06:52
I do hope they get some more of the original voice actors in from B:TAS, be good to hear everyone sounding right.

I hope for this too

Keir
28th Jan 2009, 11:35
Ok, so when I first read about this game I promised myself that I would just be cautiously optimistic. All the other batman games have been pieces of crap so I didn’t want to get my hopes high up just to be crushed with deception, but as more and more of this game is revealed, I forget about the promise that I made to myself. Seriously, Paul Dini is writing the game, Mark Hamill will voice The Joker and Kevin Conroy will voice Batman and the pictures look amazing, I don’t know about the combat yet but I do know that not only you beat them up but you also get to play the detective! So now I find myself logging in this forum everyday, hungry for more! I want them to take their time but I feel the anxiety building in! I feel like a kid waiting for (insert awesome holiday of your preference here) Is anyone else feeling this way? Or am I just the crazy one that threw that cautiously optimistic b.s. out of the window? :nut: :eek: :rasp: :confused: :scratch:

I know I would say this, but... genuinely: throw caution out the window... I can tell you straight up that it's a pleasure to work with a kick arse title. Don't worry, be excited http://e.deviantart.com/emoticons/b/boogie.gif

k1ll1ng j0k3
28th Jan 2009, 18:36
I know I would say this, but... genuinely: throw caution out the window... I can tell you straight up that it's a pleasure to work with a kick arse title. Don't worry, be excited http://e.deviantart.com/emoticons/b/boogie.gif
Exited? Dude do you know what you are doing? You are putting my two favorite things in the whole universe together, games and Batman! This will be the holly grail of games. Caution? What’s that? I haven’t even played it yet but I can already tell you that this is my favorite game ever!! :thumb: :thumbsup:

chip5541
28th Jan 2009, 19:09
Exited? Dude do you know what you are doing? You are putting my two favorite things in the whole universe together

http://we.motivators.com/image.axd?picture=reesespbbats.jpg