PDA

View Full Version : Whats the opinion of the Nosgoth-Community of Teamspeak?

TheMalgot
4th Feb 2014, 21:44
Hi,

given hat Nosgoth is a MMOBA, massive use of teamspeak will be around the same second the game allows players to join lobbys as a team.
As far as i am concerned, i hate TS. Always did. They destroy the immersion the game gives me when always someone talks about some stuff in their daily life i'm not interested in. But i'm also aware they are very popular among Online-Players. For reasons i can't comprehend.

I'm afraid the game will stop beeing fun for me when it hits it and i have either to decide to join some guild or clan, or beeing in the team that always loses. It wouldn't be the first one by far.

What do you think?

RainaAudron
4th Feb 2014, 21:59
I´m sure you can mute players in the game once it is incorporated.

Shehadi703
4th Feb 2014, 23:56
Every VOIP should have the option to disable it, that being said I stand in favor of communication. I like to win, and communication is key, but i fully understand your opinion on that. To be perfectly honest i dont like playing with someone who would turn off their comms, but i fully understand their reasons for doing so, and they should play the way that lets THEM have fun

Bazielim
5th Feb 2014, 15:06
well besides the whole "not an MMO" and "not MOBA" thing, I'd have to say I'd appreciate something like team chat on a mic - that's how PvP/FPS etc usually play it. You can always mute and I think it'd be preferable to talk to people over trying to type whilst playing :)

This comment is in no way influenced by the sheer amount of LoK soundbytes I have to hand;):lol:

Vampmaster
5th Feb 2014, 15:21
I think it would be useful to have a couple of predefined phrases like "this way", "cover me", "stay back" etc. That way you still have some means of communication even if you decide to mute the actual chat from the mics.

lucinvampire
5th Feb 2014, 16:11
I have mixed thoughts on this...
It'll be really helpful to be able to communicate with people (better instruction/team work).
I'm not really sure if I want to use a mic with people I don't know.
I don't know if I want to hear others all the time or people being screaming loons - keep in mind I'm actually one of those crazy people :p

Above all I hope there's an optional one click mute all function.
and
Pre-set/recorded phases that give instruction - so you don't have to use a mic if you don't have one/don't want to - such as "follow me", "cover me", "incoming", "retreat" etc :D

This comment is in no way influenced by the sheer amount of LoK soundbytes I have to hand;):lol:

Lol I can't wait to hear it - 'cause it'll be epic! :D

Bazielim
5th Feb 2014, 23:48
Lol I can't wait to hear it - 'cause it'll be epic! :D
Just for you Lucin: :rasp:
http://images.wikia.com/legacyofkain/images/a/a3/BO1-Sound-0124.ogg

lucinvampire
6th Feb 2014, 21:43
Just for you Lucin: :rasp:
http://images.wikia.com/legacyofkain/images/a/a3/BO1-Sound-0124.ogg

Oh wow - pure awesome :D can't wait to hear you with this and others you have stashed away!

Gugulug5000
19th Feb 2014, 23:17
I don't mind if Psyonix decides to include some kind of voice chat as long as I have the option of turning it off. I hate it when other guys try and tell me how to play the game, especially when they think they're really good, but in fact suck. It would make coordinating much easier than typing in the chat though.

NaughtyPeon
19th Feb 2014, 23:44
I think this will force casual gamers to engage in conversations. I am against it I dont want to listen to someones music in the background or hear their opinions about life, I just want to play a game. I think it would be much more useful to have basic command phrases "get inside" "attack" or "Low on blood or life". I guess if the option to mute someone is there then its ok.

Chaostos
21st Feb 2014, 11:28
useful to have basic command phrases "get inside" "attack" or "Low on blood or life". I guess if the option to mute someone is there then its ok.
Yep thats 1 thing, for people who dont want to\dont have microphone. Also it takes less time then chat. And its an instant information for a team. Heavily used it in TF2\Quake Wars.

I think this will force casual gamers to engage in conversations.
Iv never seen it happen to me or anyone in any game I played with voice chat integrated. You can disable it and noone forces you to use it ! Especially on Public matches in games like Payday 2, Team Fortress 2, CS, Quake Wars, Call of duty even, you name it. So I disagree.

I played ET:Quake Wars for years, and it (VOIP Voice Over IP) was never a problem, as was done right.
It had Squad\Team\World speak. Sometimes I used VOIP, sometimes didnt. My clan used separate programs (like TeamSpeak\Ventrilo, sometimes Skype) to keep in touch, to have fun and win.

I dont believe other players should force you to use your microphone (unless its a Rule in some Control obsessed clan :D) o_O that would be strange.

And Im sure if there is an Integrated Voice chat in game, It of course! could be disabled ! Its a norm in any game I played, what have VOIP\ingame voice chat, to mute\disable it. That freedom is a norm in game, and there to be used or not :)

Noone forces you to use any chats. And if you got good players in a team, sometimes, there is no real need for it - everyone is up to task and there is good synergy even without voice\chat.

So Im totally for
1) Ingame Team\World Voice Chat If they can have it in Nosgoth ! (borderline, a must have in a Team FPS\TPS Action)
2) quick Voice Commands like CS:S\TF2\ET:QW. Yes, like 'need healing', 'enemy taking B' etc.
3) freedom to use them or not\to disable them.

JL1991UK
23rd Feb 2014, 02:55
I think team speak is 100% needed after all the game is build around the idea of teamwork and using teamwork to survive . Countless deaths happy each game due to people tying . Mute option and maybe team chat being disabled as a whole might be a good idea .

Vallass
24th Feb 2014, 19:37
Hi,

given hat Nosgoth is a MMOBA, massive use of teamspeak will be around the same second the game allows players to join lobbys as a team.
As far as i am concerned, i hate TS. Always did. They destroy the immersion the game gives me when always someone talks about some stuff in their daily life i'm not interested in. But i'm also aware they are very popular among Online-Players. For reasons i can't comprehend.

I'm afraid the game will stop beeing fun for me when it hits it and i have either to decide to join some guild or clan, or beeing in the team that always loses. It wouldn't be the first one by far.

What do you think?

I'm sure many people here have played StarCraft 2, and one of the more useful add-ins to it WAS team speak. You don't have to open skype, or whatever you use to talk with people. This saves time in finding peoples names BEFORE game start and adding them to your chat. It also helps because you won't have multiple programs running who's controls might work against each other.

While I COMPLETELY agree with you on not wanting to hear daily lives of others, the help vs hurt concept of team chat leans much more towards help. While you can always get people who just want to be asses, to be able to just SAY there's someone chasing you, as compared to stopping, switching to chat, typing it out, and hoping you don't get attacked while typing, is SOO much more convenient and life conserving. :D

As for immersion, I'd think it was more immersive to hear someone talking than have chat showing up below every 3 seconds about anything and everything. Plus, although most can read quickly, it still slows you down to stop and read instead of listen while playing the game. I've played Wow, LoL, SW:OR, Secret World, etc etc, and hearing/speaking to people instead of reading or typing has helped MANY more times than not. As for muting or disabling though, that should always be an option, because we've ALL gotten the trolls in game who make it unbearably long and irritating.