PDA

View Full Version : grapple gun madness

midna1
27th Jan 2009, 11:20
ok, is it just me or does anyone else enjoy freefall attaching to the grapple points in mid air - SWEET. In the next game u need more freefall grappling for example:

1. "bionic commando" - u swing on the grapple then release then attach to another point mid-air - SWEET :cool:

2. " BATMAN advanced grapple " - u swing up against a wall then u bang in UR OWN grapple point then u swing again then detach... then attach to the new grapple point in mid air - SWEET :cool: U could do this entirely on a ceiling.

U need to be able to set ur own grapple points :thumb:

jayjay119
27th Jan 2009, 11:41
ok, is it just me or does anyone else enjoy freefall attaching to the grapple points in mid air - SWEET. In the next game u need more freefall grappling for example:

1. "bionic commando" - u swing on the grapple then release then attach to another point mid-air - SWEET :cool:

2. " BATMAN advanced grapple " - u swing up against a wall then u bang in UR OWN grapple point then u swing again then detach... then attach to the new grapple point in mid air - SWEET :cool: U could do this entirely on a ceiling.

U need to be able to set ur own grapple points :thumb:

To be honest I was looking forward to doing something like this, judging by the fact the grapple was one that you shoot now, it should have been able to attatch to nearly any surface. Plus in the TV ad and trailers we see Lara use it to platform to lower ledges. Maybe this was a feature that was taken out of the final version.

I agree though it should be more player orientated in control.

rg_001100
27th Jan 2009, 18:22
To be honest I was looking forward to doing something like this, judging by the fact the grapple was one that you shoot now, it should have been able to attatch to nearly any surface. Plus in the TV ad and trailers we see Lara use it to platform to lower ledges. Maybe this was a feature that was taken out of the final version.

I agree though it should be more player orientated in control.

:hmm: I thought the TV ad-trailer was a one-off. It's a grapple-gun that shoots, but it's not one of the batman-style gapple guns where you shoot it at the rooftop and go from there. It's closer to the Anniversary grapple than it is a grapple-gun (we saw one in TR5). I don't think they should get too overboard with the grapple. It's very powerful and underused in TR:U; I would've liked to have seen more use of it like it was done in Mexico, using it to manipute the environment using the rope. Using the grapple on the bike would be another cool thing.
The trouble with using the grapple is level design. A mid-air grapple would be cool, but it's either frustrating or obvious, I would think. Grappling to any surface would have similar issues. It would allow Lara to get to places where she might not be able to get back or progress...

_Love2Raid_
27th Jan 2009, 18:27
In the 'deleted article' it was said that the grapple will be used in more/new ways or something in the Beneath the Ashes DLC........:whistle:

I am really curious to find out what that could be...:scratch:

Treeble
27th Jan 2009, 18:39
She should carry two grapple guns -- even if only to use the second one in one or two occasions. These are some fun examples of 'grappling' about, IMO:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M6ASYbBFC1I

(not exactly a double grapple thing here, but still interesting... starting at 3:00)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PDP5XVm1xhM

Of course the styles of the games above differ greatly from TR, but the mechanics are essentially the same. :)

midna1
28th Jan 2009, 11:23
She should carry two grapple guns -- even if only to use the second one in one or two occasions. These are some fun examples of 'grappling' about, IMO:

Ok, THAT's too much even for me. Two grapple guns..... and u have a spiderman game. And that might possibly suck :thumb:. What u need is more jumping off ledges then u attach to the grapple ring as u freefall past it. Or u have a bag of grapple rings to set where u want. Then Lara can monkey between them with the grapple gun - SWEET

or if u want the super-douche version.... Ok u attach a knife to the end of the grapple wire + a battery pack to electrify the whole lot. Then Lara can use this to intimidate &/or rough up the baddies. And she could defibrilate herself with the battery pack if u get an adrenaline overload. btw u would need a SF4 style adrenaline/ revenge meter that fills up when u do xXxtreme action like shark-skitchin or the Mortal Kombat style grapple gun uppercut FATALITY - "COME ERE!!.... SCORPION WINS" :thumb: :thumb: ****

Treeble
28th Jan 2009, 15:31
Ok, whatever. Have fun.

midna1
29th Jan 2009, 11:54
Ok, whatever. Have fun.

OK....... two grapple guns might be cool..... & for a double grapplegun uppercut COME ERE - SCORPION WINS :cool: .

Treeble
29th Jan 2009, 15:57
Given your nickname, I thought of all people you would understand. Ok, so the main character had two clawshots, but the concept is pretty much the same. And he didn't feel like Spiderman at all nor did the game suck.

larasbestm8
2nd Feb 2009, 17:10
They'd never allow the batman one. That would just be too easy to get everywhere. We'd end up with no ledges in indoor areas so we couldn't use that move!

a_big_house
2nd Feb 2009, 21:49
can you swan dive off a ledge but e.g. thailand lift area grapple while diving ?

Jinnyskeans
3rd Feb 2009, 00:43
i find the grapple dull

toughraid3r37
3rd Feb 2009, 02:14
that would be fun. But is it physically possible? :scratch: