PDA

View Full Version : Saving TRU on the PS2?

bond01
26th Jan 2009, 12:48
Hello,
Does anyone know how to save TRU on the PS2 please?
I bought it two days ago and was up to the part in croft manor (after Mediterranean sea and Thailand) If I died, I'd start at my last checkpoint but its not giving me the option to save my game at the end of my missions (like end of Med sea or end of Thailand) so I tried to save it myself by going to start button then over to save game but when I press the cross (X) button, for a split second the "checking memory card slot 1, do not turn off your console" paragraph come on but that also doesn't give me the option to save game or overwrite last save point like in TRL, it just goes off and I assumed it had saved cos there is no other way that I have come across to save my game, but when I turned it on this morning, I was only given the option to "start new game" so I have to start at the beginning now and im so frustrated:mad2:

And its not my memory card cos I checked that after te first day of playing and even deleted some used games I didn't need to make room just incase and its still not saving!

Does anyone know why this is happening or how to save my game please?

Im already upset that the game isn't as good as TRL, and whats with no sharks or underwater gun usage, im beginning to think its a waste of money!
Please change my mind and help me turn this game around by saving haha!
Thank you very much and sorry for going on!

:thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

kiss-bite
26th Jan 2009, 13:57
If you are playing it on a PS3 then you need to assign a slot for PS2 games on your PS3. On the PS3's XMB you can assign slots for PS2 or PS1 game saves. Once you have done that you will need to make a manual save, it gives you the option of four save slots in the TRU game menu for multiple saves. From then on it will checkpoint the game whilst your playing but before quiting make sure you manually save your progress to load the next time you play to be safe.:wave:

If your playing TRU on a PS2 I would of thought it just saved normally? I don't know as I played the PS2 TRU on my PS3.;)

ADDED:

Here is a video that may help:

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=6i-Z5R_k9DM&feature=related

TheHeartless
27th Jan 2009, 14:57
for a split second the "checking memory card slot 1, do not turn off your console" paragraph come on but that also doesn't give me the option to save game or overwrite last save point like in TRL
You have to select a space to save in on the right hand side of the menu :D