PDA

View Full Version : Harassed dad requests help!!

rex9
24th Jan 2009, 16:37
I am posting in the hope that someone can help.

I recently purchased the Lego Death Star model for my son and was amazed by the level of detail and thought that had gone into it.

Like many children who are Star Wars nuts, my son was looking forward to the 24 mini figures which accompany the model, almost as much as the model itself!

After hunting in vain through the mountain of Lego, the parts to C3PO are missing. In an attempt to placate a distraught son (it would be his favourite that was missing) I e-mailed LEGO who have said that they would 'look into it' on production of a reference number which they maintain is on the bottom of the instruction book.

I'm not sure if my eyesight is what it used to be but try as I might I am unable to see such a number which, apparently, begins with a 4

I would be most grateful if any owner of such a manual (it is the new death star model) could check to see if such a number exists as without it Lego will not consider my case.

When I advised them that in the last few weeks I had purchased around £300 worth of their products and could they not just send the missing item they were not very sympathetic and maintained nothing could be done without this number.

My son informs me that these mini figures trade for several pounds each on sites such as e-bay so perhaps that is why Lego are sticking to their guns.

I would be grateful if anyone could check and post this number - if they are able to find it - which is more than I can.

You would make a disappointed 9 year old, and his dad, very grateful.

Apologies in advance if I am using this forum inappropriately, but I wasn't sure what else to do!

Thanks for listening.