PDA

View Full Version : Lara is a human being!! SPOILERS

Jason Miller
24th Jan 2009, 10:39
When Lara found out that her mother was dead all along, all she did is make an angry face. She didn't cry at all. She didn't show any of her emotions. I mean, ALL of her adventures were in search for her mother! That's why i think that in future TRs, Lara should show off at least SOME of her emotions. I also think that we should get more intimate with Lara's daily lifestyle. Other fans that i know in person think that this could enhance the quality of the story, making the game even a bigger success. I really want to know what you guys think.:)

LaraRules81
24th Jan 2009, 10:59
Me too. I've always imagined Lara going through Croft Manor doing something casual for once, like reading or having a drink of tea or wearing slippers! It would be great for us to see Lara doing something normal for once.

Jason Miller
24th Jan 2009, 11:32
Me too. I've always imagined Lara going through Croft Manor doing something casual for once, like reading or having a drink of tea or wearing slippers! It would be great for us to see Lara doing something normal for once.

Same here, that has never happened in a Tomb Raider game. She probably does alot of other things besides raiding!

tombraidergal
24th Jan 2009, 11:35
yes, and we see her texting friends! That'd be hilarious.

ZIP:
WAT UU2?

LARA:
OH U NO, HANGING UPSIDE DOWN FRM A POLE.

ZIP:
NO SERIOUSLY?

LARA:
TXTIN' U.

ZIP:
WELL U DUNT SAY, WHERE R U GONA GO 2MOZ?

LARA:
EGYPT, IN SERCH OF DAT MASIF FLOATY THING.

ZIP:
WAT MASSIVE FLOATY THING?

LARA:
HEAVEN I THINK.

ZIP:
NO! U AVE DUN ENUF HEAVEN STUF WITH AVALON AND STUFF.

LARA:
JUST JOKIN, ENYWAY, I AM GUNA GO TO SCOTLAND TO FIND A TOMB FOR NESSIE

ZIP:
NO KINDIN?! WOW, U R CRAZY, WAT WUD U DO IF THE SCOTS FOUND OUT YOU WERE POKING UR NOSE INTO THEIR HISTORY?

LARA: THEY'D FANK ME WUDNT DEY?

ZIP:
MAYBE, LOL. GUD LUK WI DAT. WEN R U GUNA GET UR MANOR RE-BUILT.

LARA:
IN A FEW WEEKS, AND ZIP, I REALLY GOTA GO NOW.

ZIP:
Y?

LARA:
DO U MIND, LADIES AVE PRIVATE BISNES 2 U NO!

LOL, end of conversation, that'd be daft if we saw lara's thumb scanning the keypad, and we got sum text at the bottom of our screen showing us what they were saying! :D

LC is Me
24th Jan 2009, 15:30
I don't know, making that grimacing face as she had to shoot her own mother off a cliff; her breaking down for a minute, just out of it, like "WTF just happened".

That's enough for me. I don't think she doesn't have or had any emotions towards the situation but maybe that's her way of handling it. Not everyone is going to cry when they find out a family member died. I have a friend whose grandfather died of cancer and she didn't shed a single tear. She was upset, but was learning to accept that he was very sick and it was just his time to go. Maybe that is how it was upon the moment that it happened for Lara. Her mother was basically dead, only moving because of the eitr, she couldn't do anything to help her, and she had to do what she had to do. She did also have to stop Natla before she destroyed the planet or whatever. Who knows, she might show a bit more emotion next time around.

AdobeArtist
24th Jan 2009, 16:28
I don't know, making that grimacing face as she had to shoot her own mother off a cliff; her breaking down for a minute, just out of it, like "WTF just happened".

That's enough for me. I don't think she doesn't have or had any emotions towards the situation but maybe that's her way of handling it. Not everyone is going to cry when they find out a family member died. I have a friend whose grandfather died of cancer and she didn't shed a single tear. She was upset, but was learning to accept that he was very sick and it was just his time to go. Maybe that is how it was upon the moment that it happened for Lara. Her mother was basically dead, only moving because of the eitr, she couldn't do anything to help her, and she had to do what she had to do. She did also have to stop Natla before she destroyed the planet or whatever. Who knows, she might show a bit more emotion next time around.

I agree. Not everybody experiences grief in the same way. And emotion doesn't always have to be in some grandiose body collapsing "OHHHHH WOE IS ME" manner. Often it seems more genuine when it's subtle. She may not have broken into a monsoon of tears, but there was (in that subtle fashion) a notable expression in her eyes, the slight quaver in her voice, and even that she had to hesitate indicating she was fighting an inner battle to accept the reality of the situation.

Also there are the people for whom grief is a delayed reaction. Even though they are intellectually aware of what happened, they have an innate reaction to suppress their feelings, only letting it later when it has really digested or the bottle is too full and must erupt. We can consider that Lara was too involved in her crisis being in Helheim and that the "World Serpent" still had to be stopped, to allow herself the luxury of her grief.

Perhaps the opening of the next game we will get a glimpse of Lara grieving, both for her mother and Alistair, if for nothing else than the connecting tie between this and the last game (Underworld) before she picks herself up to go on to the next crusade.

SpyroTDragon
24th Jan 2009, 16:42
Or mabey Lara and Zip should go on a date.

TRA_Abomination
24th Jan 2009, 19:24
Did you mean to say "Lara ISN'T a human being"? Because duh she is, she is just a strong woman is all I guess.

Gitb97
24th Jan 2009, 19:50
Or mabey Lara and Zip should go on a date.

Sorry. those to ARE NOT for each other. alister should of lived and zip well no . i think Alister and lara woulda clicked :)

LC is Me
24th Jan 2009, 21:10
i think Alister and lara woulda clicked :)

I think not.
What kind of a man would he be?

No dating for now is the best way to go I think.

The_Underworld
24th Jan 2009, 21:12
(Title) LARA IS NOT A HUMAN BEING!!!!!!!!! SHE'S A VIDEOGAME CHARACTER!!!!!!!!!!......:lol:

500 TH POST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

rg_001100
24th Jan 2009, 21:12
Sorry. those to ARE NOT for each other. alister should of lived and zip well no . i think Alister and lara woulda clicked :)

'shipping? We are not the navy... I really hope TR doesn't ever see romance.

LC is Me
24th Jan 2009, 21:34
'shipping? We are not the navy... I really hope TR doesn't ever see romance.
Agreed.

Mr Croft
24th Jan 2009, 22:56
If you want Lara to buy a Prada bag or know more about her lifstyle, wait for the female friendly version of hers... ;) :p

Rexie
24th Jan 2009, 23:18
"Where *bang* is *bang * my *bang* ta..."

O_O''

No thanks....

Larahair
25th Jan 2009, 01:54
I want to see Lara eating or brushing her hair it would be cool.

The_Underworld
25th Jan 2009, 01:58
I want to see Lara eating or brushing her hair it would be cool.

Did you just say you want to see lara eating her hair?:lol:

Dusk Knight
25th Jan 2009, 04:31
I have some quotes from Eric Lindstrom on the subject.

I'm not sure if this one is completely relevant, but it addresses the "all of her adventures were in search for her mother" issue, so here it is:

And for those who say that the bio says Lara is only searching for her mother and now has no reason to be a Tomb Raider anymore, I say nonsense. Batman, in the Burton film, was inspired to become the Batman by the death of his parents, but later when he killed the Joker, who was the one who killed his parents, did he stop being the Batman? Of course not. Her mother's fate helped make Lara what she became, and over the years she kept an eye out for anything that would tell her what happened to her mother, but every single question wasn't about that, and resolving it doesn't change who Lara has become as an adult.
This one is more about Lara's emotions

Another note on the Amanda alive or dead bit, but I would argue that when Lara learned that Amanda did survive Peru, she felt terrible guilt and remorse, but she didn't go all soft and gooey because that's not who Lara is. People say Crystal as made her whiny, but if this were true, she would have reacted to this revelation in a much more emotionally sticky way. But no, she was very restrained in how she expressed her feelings, though they were very deep and sincere. (I know this will touch off a storm, that the whiny Lara is about her looking for her mother rather being the purely independent spirit...that's a different kind of emotionality than what I'm referring to here

HeavenlyRaider.
25th Jan 2009, 05:41
"Where *bang* is *bang * my *bang* ta..."

O_O''

No thanks....

"Where BANG is BANG my BANG ta...

"Avalon, it's not dead it went were I was meant to go, where you could have gone"

"Make sense right this second Or I swear I'll execute you where you sta.... wait a minute.... You're sick amanda!

Bahahahaaa:lol: