PDA

View Full Version : Natla & Eitr

tombraiding101
24th Jan 2009, 05:58
You know you guys in the end when Lara throws the hammer at Natla and thenNatla falls into the eitr? What if in the next TR, Natla comes back as a thrall, but Lara encounters her and considers her blocking her way to fight her new enemy and then then after she is down on the floor, Lara smashes her bones and thats the end of Natla But don't critisize me for saying this because I know a bunch of people are wondering if Natla actually died but I am just saying that she could be one of the bosses in the next TR but not the main enemy.;)

rg_001100
24th Jan 2009, 05:59
I would really hope not. We've had Natla in TR:A, and TR:U. It is time to move onto other villains.

italibabee
24th Jan 2009, 07:59
plz no more natla!
let her be dead and gone for good! gah!

Dr.Willard
24th Jan 2009, 12:58
Dear Greater Being out there,

If you do really exist, please do not bring back Natla. Thank you. :)

anniversary
25th Jan 2009, 00:14
omg yeaaaa bring her back........ but not just yet we should give her a break.

even tho lara does azwell

Resy
25th Jan 2009, 00:20
she's dead alright? time to move on

We had her in TR1 as I don't really consider TRA an actual new game. It was a remake so all you newbies to the series would know who the heck Natla was when Underworld rolled around.

That is all.

The_Underworld
25th Jan 2009, 00:59
Yes, when you fall into the Eitr you become a thrall. But unlike Lara's mother Natla got hit over the head with THOR"S HAMMAH:cool: ! (OUCH:o ) How could anyone survive that!?!

cm2
28th Jan 2009, 17:34
I would love to see Natla come back as she deserved a better death than what she had in Underworld. I was so excited when I realised she was back, for some reason Natla sparks up a liking inside my heart! Although she is a completely selfish Immortal, she did deserve a better exit than having Thor's Hammer being thrown at her. Lara should have unleashed all her rage on her and struck her down at close-range! An epic battle between the ladies would have been ideal for Underworld.

UMIST_For_Ever
28th Jan 2009, 17:51
While the boss-battles were absent from this last outing, I don't think that Natla had much scope as a boss in Underworld.

Due to her ranged attacks and wings, I really don't think that it would vary much to the final levels in TRA and because of that "samey" feel, it would annoy people who played Anniversary to have to do this again.

Bringing Natla back for a third time would be a further nail in Tomb Raider's coffin - there are countless ancient civilisations that have not been investigated and many of them fascinating - why not some ancient African ones that are not Egyptian?
Voodoo - maybe even linking up to the deep south in America to the Creole areas?

Celtic?
Anglo Saxon?
Roman?
Gaelic?
Incan?
Buddhist?

From a gameplay aspect, bringing back more stealthy methods?

gizmo
28th Jan 2009, 19:37
If she comes back again, I swear that I will research how to kill her, go past her house and kill her myself :lol:

cm2
28th Jan 2009, 20:38
Why are you all so bothered about returning Natla once more? I think she is a valued TR character and has a lot to say for herself. I would love to look deeper into her past to see how she became what she was. I would in fact loved for her to have succeeded in the Seventh Age, it could have been a mission for Lara to fix up the world.

Oh well, she's obviously dead. But they could have verified she was killed at least by adding more tension to her scene. Apparently, when thrown, Thor's Hammer never misses its target. So yeah, she definitely has been killed... So all I can say is... R.I.H Natla...

rg_001100
29th Jan 2009, 02:49
Why are you all so bothered about returning Natla once more?

Because we actually want the next TR to sell...

cm2
29th Jan 2009, 03:17

It wasn't Natla that caused the sales of Underworld to be low. If anything, her voice in the teaser trailer MAKES you want to play the game because you want to find out if it really is her?

rg_001100
29th Jan 2009, 03:21
Recycling the same exact villain 3 times in a row is just a bit tired...

Natla
29th Jan 2009, 10:52
It wasn't Natla that caused the sales of Underworld to be low. If anything, her voice in the teaser trailer MAKES you want to play the game because you want to find out if it really is her?

Thank you.:) I'm not really sure why a section of the TR fanship are so "anti-Natla".

gizmo
29th Jan 2009, 13:51

Natla's not the reason for the sales:rolleyes:

We just want a new storyline with a fresh set of characters.:D

Nattie!
29th Jan 2009, 14:40
Fair enough a fresh set of characters would be nice.
But anyone whos played TR since its release in '96 will value Natla as a character.
Seeing as shes been part of it since the start, regardless of her not being in all of the other games.
Natla, if you as me is Laras Arch-nemesis, so she will inevitably meet her demise but I don't see why people are so anti-Natla, when the TRU trailers were released the knowing of that voice as Natlas made me so much more excited to play the game.

We saw her in 1996 then waiting 12 years until 2008 to see her again.
I don't see TRA as a new game, seeing as a remake of the old one.
So 12 years for Natla in a new game, jeez, whata re you moaning about?

cm2
29th Jan 2009, 18:58
Fair enough a fresh set of characters would be nice.
But anyone whos played TR since its release in '96 will value Natla as a character.
Seeing as shes been part of it since the start, regardless of her not being in all of the other games.
Natla, if you as me is Laras Arch-nemesis, so she will inevitably meet her demise but I don't see why people are so anti-Natla, when the TRU trailers were released the knowing of that voice as Natlas made me so much more excited to play the game.

We saw her in 1996 then waiting 12 years until 2008 to see her again.
I don't see TRA as a new game, seeing as a remake of the old one.
So 12 years for Natla in a new game, jeez, whata re you moaning about?

Man I totally agree! I thought for a while I was the only Natla-fan out there! Well, not fan as such but still, I adore her!

Nattie!
30th Jan 2009, 03:25
Man I totally agree! I thought for a while I was the only Natla-fan out there! Well, not fan as such but still, I adore her!
Exactly! Natla has a lot to do with TR I think, considering the harshness of her in TR1 surely if you don't like her (well appriciate her as a TR villain, you arent supposed to like her) then you can't enjoy TR?

The_Underworld
30th Jan 2009, 04:13
If Natla comes back I'll; Puke, Whine in the forums, and chuck my 300$ 360 out the window! That how much I hate her:D

VOLCOM20lovesLARA
30th Jan 2009, 05:14
oh god! hopefully she suffered when she died!!! i hate her!!! i wish they'd put fresh enemies for Lara!!!

Natla
30th Jan 2009, 08:48
Charming :)

Presumably whatever technology was used to survive a dunk in lava and to come back as "Scorched Natla" would also work for Eitr? Maybe a force field or a stasis suit? Failing that, wings are good, if one can manage to keep one's head when clobbered by a lump of metal thrown by Her Ladyship.

(Obviously I haven't really been dunked in Eitr, unless thralls can type. Keep an eye out for posts that just say "nnnnnnnn".)

angelus0901
30th Jan 2009, 11:58
It would be great if Natla came back as a thrall... She could be the next bosses biatch... :D :nut:

Arctic
30th Jan 2009, 13:33
I would really hope not. We've had Natla in TR:A, and TR:U. It is time to move onto other villains.

Don't forget TR1 ;)

I really hope and believe, that this was the end of Jacqueline Natla, and that she wont return again ever. And she was hit by Mjolnir before she fell into the Eitr, so she should be dead. We need a new enemy :D

jayjay119
30th Jan 2009, 13:47
Don't forget TR1 ;)

I really hope and believe, that this was the end of Jacqueline Natla, and that she wont return again ever. And she was hit by Mjolnir before she fell into the Eitr, so she should be dead. We need a new enemy :D

I think the writers at Cd have put enough material in the game for someone to get around that if they wanted to. I can see hwo it would be done, but I agree, lets have a few new enemies for now!

cm2
30th Jan 2009, 18:35
The next TR title;

TOMB RAIDER: RESURRECTION!

JOKES! Lol... :D

I mean look at the White Witch in Narnia, she was torn to pieces by Aslan but they tried resurrecting her in the sequel action-movie Prince Caspian. Perhaps there could at least be one final attempt to bring back Natla but this time, kill her off properly and with style?

Nattie!
1st Feb 2009, 16:28
Perhaps there could at least be one final attempt to bring back Natla but this time, kill her off properly and with style?

I agree, its was too fast at the end of TRU for that to be her proper death.

cm2
1st Feb 2009, 17:01
I agree, its was too fast at the end of TRU for that to be her proper death.

Yeah, I expected it to be an epic battle between them, seeing how she has been Lara's enemy since the beginning! I can just picture my preferred battle between Lara and Natla and it is like something from a movie! Haha...

Jinnyskeans
3rd Feb 2009, 02:24
ive respected and and loveed natlasince the begging and the trailer made me so excited but can we wait another 12 years so its not boring

id much rather natla make a comeback when we least expect it haha.
and i think if cd ever did bring her back it should be the biggest kept secret ever, untill we got to the end of the game. No voice in trailers, no natlas talking away in the first cut scene of the game just a simple storyline with a main baddie and then we find out they are working for natla, in like the last cutscene. BANG the bestest boss battle you have ever seen complete with an even better cutscene at the end with as much epicness as the end of legend

oh and another but if this did happen make her baddass
i felt that natla had lost her thing recently, tr1 she was a spot on baddie then i felt that cd kinda made a joke out of her. specially the the trapped in a giant jam jar thing.
**** sake cd shes a GOD not a ******* pet moth

m_gunselman
3rd Feb 2009, 04:01
Yeah, I expected it to be an epic battle between them, seeing how she has been Lara's enemy since the beginning! I can just picture my preferred battle between Lara and Natla and it is like something from a movie! Haha...

It is kind of strange think that Lara and Natla never really fought in this game. Lara did more fighting with the doppelganger than with Natla, which is a bit sad. Oh well, I believe she is dead and won't come back in future games.

Jinnyskeans
3rd Feb 2009, 04:06
It is kind of strange think that Lara and Natla never really fought in this game. Lara did more fighting with the doppelganger than with Natla, which is a bit sad. Oh well, I believe she is dead and won't come back in future games.

i believe she is dead
but still theres room for a comeback
look at eastenders hahaha

EDIT:
oh yr from the US u wont get the eastenders joke

tombraiding101
5th Mar 2009, 06:37
All we know is that in BTA, Lara commanded the Doppelthrall to make sure Nathrall suffers!

rg_001100
5th Mar 2009, 06:42
Please don't bump old threads. This thread was created before certain spoilers or other information came to our knowledge :)