PDA

View Full Version : Who else thinks...

LaraFletcher23
24th Jan 2009, 00:35
I am so mad at them because the graphics for Ps2 are well not horrible but very ugly and It is a waste to make them. :mad2: :mad2: :mad2: :mad2: :mad2: :mad2: :mad2: :mad2: :mad2:

The_Underworld
24th Jan 2009, 00:44
Well, i'd have no idea!:o Live in north america and there are ZERO screenshots. Do you have it for ps2? If you do what are the differences between wii and next gen consoles?:D

LaraFletcher23
24th Jan 2009, 01:01
Well, i'd have no idea!:o Live in north america and there are ZERO screenshots. Do you have it for ps2? If you do what are the differences between wii and next gen consoles?:D

http://www.gamercenteronline.net/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2008/06/485bea2e97972.jpg

And Ps2:

http://i39.tinypic.com/10pohme.jpg

Look at the backgrounds in the ps3 and then ps2 and you will tell the difference. Look at them carefully

The_Underworld
24th Jan 2009, 01:08
:eek: OMFG! I made the best decision to buy a 360!:eek: :D

LaraFletcher23
24th Jan 2009, 01:12
:eek: OMFG! I made the best decision to buy a 360!:eek: :D

Yep but I don't have one or a ps3. I feel so sad 'cause they did that to the graphics. :( :( :( :( :( :( :(

The_Underworld
24th Jan 2009, 01:15
Hey? where exactly did you find the screenshots?:confused:

Load
24th Jan 2009, 04:11
Notice that screenshot is taken from a TV, which means the colors and everything look worse then they actually are. I highly doubt it will be that bad. I would wait for official screens.

LC is Me
24th Jan 2009, 04:40
Notice that screenshot is taken from a TV, which means the colors and everything look worse then they actually are. I highly doubt it will be that bad. I would wait for official screens.
Even if it was taken on a TV, that's exactly what it looks like.

Heck, it looks exactly like the Wii version.

CCarver
24th Jan 2009, 05:43
Even if it was taken on a TV, that's exactly what it looks like.

Heck, it looks exactly like the Wii version.

and thats exactly how the wii version looks!!

you shouldnt have expected it to look so great on the ps2 anyways, its an outdated system anyways.

maybe if you got the smallest tv ever and squinted real hard!!!

----it might look decent

hahaha :nut: :nut: :nut: :nut:

rg_001100
24th Jan 2009, 05:46
There are some better PS2 screenshots here (http://forums.eidosgames.com/showpost.php?p=933584&postcount=32). (Full quality, not taken from a camera of a TV).

I don't think they are so bad. If they hadn't bothered to make them, you wouldn't have had a PS2 version :rasp: (THAT would've garnered a LOT more ranting than supposedly poor graphics ever would have).

If you are upset that the graphics of a game on a last-gen console are not as good as those on a next-gen system... what were you complaining about, exactly?

LC is Me
24th Jan 2009, 15:33
and thats exactly how the wii version looks!!

you shouldnt have expected it to look so great on the ps2 anyways, its an outdated system anyways.

maybe if you got the smallest tv ever and squinted real hard!!!

----it might look decent

hahaha :nut: :nut: :nut: :nut:

I don't have it on PS2, but from the other screens I've seen, there really is no difference between the TV shot and the actual shot.

;)

i r haz 360 nao.

CCarver
24th Jan 2009, 17:07
I don't have it on PS2, but from the other screens I've seen, there really is no difference between the TV shot and the actual shot.

;)

i r haz 360 nao.

i wish i had one!!

rg_001100
24th Jan 2009, 19:30

The 'TV shot' is of a lower quality than shots captured directly from the PS2 itself. Shots from the PS2 (like here (http://forums.eidosgames.com/showpost.php?p=933584&postcount=32)) don't have to go through the TV to get the shot, which is ultimately pixellated and fuzzy compared to the actual screenshots. It's the difference between a screenshot on a computer, and taking a picture of the computer screen.

Load
24th Jan 2009, 19:50
The 'TV shot' is of a lower quality than shots captured directly from the PS2 itself. Shots from the PS2 (like here (http://forums.eidosgames.com/showpost.php?p=933584&postcount=32)) don't have to go through the TV to get the shot, which is ultimately pixellated and fuzzy compared to the actual screenshots. It's the difference between a screenshot on a computer, and taking a picture of the computer screen.

Yes thanks RG that was the point I was trying to make before. (:
I for one see a big difference between the actual screens and the TV shots.

josh1122
24th Jan 2009, 19:53
Yeah im with RG on this one, plus looking at the game play video that was posted in one of these threads. The game for ps2 doesn't look as bad as people are making out. It looked great to me

rg_001100
24th Jan 2009, 19:55
I still say it doesn't matter what the graphics are like;

a) TR:U was primarily for the next-gen consoles. These graphics are pretty good for a system that's going on 9 years...

b) Because TR:U was for the next-gen consoles, getting any kind of graphics for a game on a 9 year old system has got to be a good thing. Without these graphics, there'd be no game. (And that would be something PS2 fans really wouldn't like).

Paddy
25th Jan 2009, 10:23
Dont know what youre on about, the graphics look superb considering its ps2.
If thats all thats stopping you buying it then thats silly, graphics arent everything.

Dr.Willard
25th Jan 2009, 10:25
lol What did you expect? Immaculate details along with glistening light effects? We all knew that the Playstation 2 version would lack graphical features but it still looks great for a Playstation 2.

Kilo
25th Jan 2009, 16:18
lol What did you expect? Immaculate details along with glistening light effects? We all knew that the Playstation 2 version would lack graphical features but it still looks great for a Playstation 2.

But noticably worse than Anniversary and Legend looked on PS2, which is a bit of a shame.

The_Underworld
26th Jan 2009, 02:56
But noticably worse than Anniversary and Legend looked on PS2, which is a bit of a shame.

They'd rather spend more time and money towards the next gen versions:D