PDA

View Full Version : Blood Omen 1 on Vista x64?

Muyfa123
23rd Jan 2009, 17:10
Hi fellas. I tried to run BO1 on my Vista x64 machine yesterday, with no success. With CubanRauls's V1.2 patch and the Video fix I got at this forum, I got it to work on XP earlier.

I tried with compatibility modes etc. No luck. After the intro movies I get a black screen. Alt-Tab out and kill the process.

Have anyone got BO1 running on Vista?

I have a Q9550 and dual HD4870 - could crossfire or quad cpu cause problems?

wrace0
24th Jan 2009, 05:58
Hi fellas. I tried to run BO1 on my Vista x64 machine yesterday, with no success. With CubanRauls's V1.2 patch and the Video fix I got at this forum, I got it to work on XP earlier.

I tried with compatibility modes etc. No luck. After the intro movies I get a black screen. Alt-Tab out and kill the process.

Have anyone got BO1 running on Vista?

I have a Q9550 and dual HD4870 - could crossfire or quad cpu cause problems?
As I know, BO1 work on Vista...
I did not understand - when do you get a blank screen: after the intro movie (when Vorador kill sorcerers) or after logo movies before loading Main Menu... In the first case try to load any save for this game and write here result...

Linikratyo
24th Jan 2009, 11:03
Download the CPUgrabber from windows and turn it on twice on 61.... that works with both my Vista PC's..........

and I have btw only CubanRauls's V1.2 patch.....

Muyfa123
25th Jan 2009, 09:37
I waited it out, and the game doesn't actually freeze, but after the Silicon Knights logo, I don't get any image. I can start the game by pressing enter twice, then the intro movie plays (and I can see it) but the game itself is black. I hear all the sounds etc. I think maybe the resolution of the game is too low for my monitor? If so are there any way to fix it?

Linikratyo
25th Jan 2009, 14:53
I waited it out, and the game doesn't actually freeze, but after the Silicon Knights logo, I don't get any image. I can start the game by pressing enter twice, then the intro movie plays (and I can see it) but the game itself is black. I hear all the sounds etc. I think maybe the resolution of the game is too low for my monitor? If so are there any way to fix it?

which resolution do you then have??

Muyfa123
25th Jan 2009, 16:36
Afaik, the game runs in 640x480. My graphics card's lowest setting is 800x600.

wrace0
25th Jan 2009, 19:27
Afaik, the game runs in 640x480. My graphics card's lowest setting is 800x600.
and what - ?
My graphics card's lowest setting is 800x600 too, but BO1 works in resolutions 640x480 and 320x240... :)
and one more: original video resolution is 320x240... :)
See the file PTEMP.TMP and write here it...

Muyfa123
25th Jan 2009, 20:17
Main Startup
Hires=1, Interlaced=0, Window=0, Bilin=0, Hicolor=1

Main Startup Command line:
D:\Games\BLOODO~1\KAIN.EXE-, Num of Args=1

Main Startup After Args:
Calling GetModeVars
CFG=0
Return From GetModeVars
CFG=0
Calling Initial PutDisp
Return From Initial PutDisp

Kain Profile Data = 0 1 2 0 0.

Final Initial Graphic mode.

wrace0
25th Jan 2009, 23:24
Kain Profile Data = 0 1 2 0 0.
hm, interesting data...
At first, try official instruction:

Q: I've installed the game, set up DirectX, but the game screen is blank.
A: This is a characteristic of having the incorrect video driver loaded. To correct this:
1. Go to the Start menu on your taskbar and select Settings -> Control Panel.

2. Double-click on the Display icon, select the Settings tab.

3. Click on the Change Display Type button.

4. From the Change Display Type dialog box, confirm that the adapter type matches the card you have installed in your computer. If it is incorrect, click on the Change button.

5. In the Select Device dialog box, choose the correct video adapter. Click OK.

Muyfa123
26th Jan 2009, 09:22
Problem solved: I just had to disable Catalyst A.I.

Now it runs perfectly fine. :-) Tnx for all the help fellas.

Goc
2nd Feb 2009, 21:05
Hey guys i did everything that needs to be done to play blood omen 1 on vista and after the movie is finished i still get black screen and barmen's speach repeating it self... if i click Escape or Alt+Tab or anything i get blood omen 1 is not responding.. can any1 please help me

THANKS!! :)

wrace0
3rd Feb 2009, 01:32
Hey guys i did everything that needs to be done to play blood omen 1 on vista and after the movie is finished i still get black screen and barmen's speach repeating it self... if i click Escape or Alt+Tab or anything i get blood omen 1 is not responding.. can any1 please help me

THANKS!! :)
view this thread (http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?t=72756)...