PDA

View Full Version : Multiplayer?

mrsprinkleswirth
22nd Jan 2009, 22:30
Do u guys think that there will be co-op or mp

shadowmatt18
22nd Jan 2009, 22:46
no, we all know it won't have multiplayer. it would just be pointless. i don't see it working anyway.

Raindrops Melody
23rd Jan 2009, 02:51
I'm new to the Batman part of this forum, so forgive my ignorance.
But why can't you see it working? I think it would be a very nice feature. And it should be possible. Maybe in future games, though.

Batmanhill6157
23rd Jan 2009, 02:52
It would work just fine if it was like Splinter Cell. Don't be so quick to shrug an idea off

k1ll1ng j0k3
23rd Jan 2009, 17:14
I don't think it would work either, for what I see they have dismissed the idea of a batman family, so you can only play with batman and it would be a little weird to play co-op with two batmans.

shadowmatt18
24th Jan 2009, 01:54
were just not gonna see a co-op or multiplayer, it's as simple as that, this is a game made for single player, the style, gameplay, story(Arkham is in lockdown meaning no getting in, no getting out) all of it screams singleplayer. why does anyone want any multiplayer in a game like this? all i want is replay value with DLC, maybe some skins for both yourself and the looks of some of the villains. how would they even do multiplayer? (not split screen co-op) online death match

Raindrops Melody
24th Jan 2009, 02:11
I don't think it would work either, for what I see they have dismissed the idea of a batman family, so you can only play with batman and it would be a little weird to play co-op with two batmans.

What if there where not two Batmans'?;) Could be any character.

@shadowmatt - Yeah, I kind of went off talking about future games.
Sorry for going off topic.:o

BatFan
24th Jan 2009, 04:54
...No. Someone go make a FAQ for questions asked 5-6 times already. It will not have a multiplayer or co-op and I DO NOT want either of them. I'd rather have a fantastic Batman single player experience rather than a mediocre campaign and some sort of a knock-off multiplayer. I'd also like this released on time sometime in march I believe, so kick that co-op/multiplayer idea out of your heads people, the game is released in two months, it's too late anyway. Co-op would murder the game, seeing how dark and grimy the atmosphere is set. Having somebody follow Batman around would be lame. Really lame.

wolfbane
24th Jan 2009, 05:47
not every has mutiplayer some games like first-person shooters have multiplayer.

Wigglez
24th Jan 2009, 22:04
I know co-op and multiplayer won't be in this and it would be lame. But think about it. If there was multiplayer, it would only be deathmatch. Not dressed as batman, but ninja. Hahaha. The game would go like this. Eight players. Eight ninja. When you die, you don't respawn. The game would be that the last person alive wins. And you would have to have the stealthiest kills to win. Other than that, multiplayer would be dumb.

GarciaD42
30th Jan 2009, 19:00
Well with the right amount of research and the right ideas it could work.
Just look at metal gear 4, there is only 1 snake yet they still made a multiplayer.
maybe the multiplayer could be a create your own makeshift dark night and compete with other "wannabes" to defeat "wannabe" villains from Gotham trying to poison the water supply. Just a thought, it seems pretty possible but maybe not probable, looking at how far the game already is in development already. Who knows?

shadowmatt18
31st Jan 2009, 01:39
this is the fourth thread asking if there will be multiplayer. no, why do people keep asking? i know some people genuinely don't know but there have been many threads on this topic, it's getting ridiculous.

SammiiDoogles
31st Jan 2009, 01:53
i dont think this game should have multiplayer, nor do i know how it would fit in but...

On the site (i think it might be on the trailer too)
it does say Xbox Live at the bottom, but i'm not an xbox gamer and i dont know if they put that on the bottom of all things xbox related.

i'm just saying it's there, its not neccisarily multiplayer i know, it may be DLC, but as i said, i dont know alot about xbox.
Can any Xbox-ers correct me? :P

Tapion
31st Jan 2009, 01:53
I guess a multiplayer could work.

You start the game and one player becomes the bat.
All the other players become henchmen and since they are weaker then the bat they have to search for him in groups, running around on your own would get you beat up by batman who sneaks around in the shadows trying to accomplish... welll no idea maybe he trys to get to a special room, which is defended by the henchmen or whatever.

If Batman keeps on sneaking around you could make a timer, so that the sun starts to rise and since it's getting clearer batman looses the dark places where he can conceal himself.

Frank-a-Tank
31st Jan 2009, 03:46
:group_hug: I've got an idea, why don't we all just wait until some gameplay vids come out? I mean, if it's coming out around march we're obviously gonna get some more info, such as: hands-on, previews, etc.

Plus multiplayer could be possible cos batman's not the only cool good guy in the story.... sure robin would suck but there's also nightwing...

Seeing makeshift wannabes would be a little weird but, hey, who's to say it'll be boring?...

hehe plus it's coming round my bday so I'm gonna be picky:D

shadowmatt18
31st Jan 2009, 05:28
:group_hug: I've got an idea, why don't we all just wait until some gameplay vids come out? I mean, if it's coming out around march we're obviously gonna get some more info, such as: hands-on, previews, etc.

Plus multiplayer could be possible cos batman's not the only cool good guy in the story.... sure robin would suck but there's also nightwing...

Seeing makeshift wannabes would be a little weird but, hey, who's to say it'll be boring?...

hehe plus it's coming round my bday so I'm gonna be picky:D

thank you, best idea i've read so far, it's too early to even think about it.... but in all likely hood it will be a singleplayer because of the single player focus.

Dark Walker
31st Jan 2009, 07:22
Until we see or read something from the game makers then I doubt there would be a multiplayer feature.

The typical "deathmatch" and "capture the flag" multiplayer really wouldn't fit with the game. Coop could work but they would have to include another character who fits with the playing mechanics, Robin or Nightwing probably, I know people have been saying they've discarded the bat family in the game but wouldn't Oracle be a part of that? If that happened hopefully the number of inmates would increase to keep up the difficulty. The other possibility is one player being Batman while the others play inmates/villians, but I don't think that would happen because then there would need to be a gameplay setup for them.

PS3/PSPGamer7
31st Jan 2009, 16:08
I don't think MP would be good for this game. It just doesn't work. What are they going to have, gun battles? Thats not really Batmans thing you know. And a FFA would be pointless since all you have is these col little gadgets but would mostly use your fists

The Jedi Guardian
31st Jan 2009, 16:37
I don't want Robin in this game (Jason Todd or Tim Drake). I would only want Nightwing. Batgirl is in the batcave as Oracle. Nightwing was always different than the other robins and was darker. His parents died too, and it sounds like he prefers to be alone (leaving Batman, quitting Robin, becoming Nightwing few partners).

Nightwing is my first choice for a partner in the asylum. If not maybe the newer batgirls.

Gameplay should not be splitscreen, maybe he can be a person who gives him resources and tools in the darkness. Instead he could help as an AI because this game is about Batman.

Wigglez
31st Jan 2009, 22:15
Wow. Ever since I came up with the ninja thing. Mad people has been coming up with reasonable multiplayer modes. Not bad.

HystericFreak
1st Feb 2009, 00:10
Multiplayer in this game would be like multiplayer in Ridd ick: Butcher Bay. It just.. doesn't fit. (apparently Ridd ick is a swear nowadays =P )

The whole point of this game is that you are Batman, alone in an asylum taken over by Gothams most notorious and unforgiving criminals. It'd be like having Batman having a partner in Arkham Asylum: A Serious House on a Serious Earth; the goading from the Joker and other characters would never be that effective, and he's not alone or isolated.