PDA

View Full Version : If CD will not work on the next Tomb Raider...

TRA_Abomination
22nd Jan 2009, 18:33
What will truly happen to the series? I still can't believe they got fired after accomplishing so much by reviving the series with Legend and then bringing nostalgia to us Tomb Raider fans with Anniversary...I mean, Underworld got voted as one of the top 50 games of the year according to Game Informer, if sales were not good that has nothing to do with CD. I am truly disappointed at Eidos for making that decision, but then again all I truly want is for the series to continue without altering its essence. Let's just hope the next Tomb Raider doesn't turn out to be a mess:eek:

GeorgeMaciver
22nd Jan 2009, 18:49
I'm with you there! Crystal Dynamics are in their stride and have hit the perfect Tomb Raider formula in Underworld in my opinion.

chriss_99
22nd Jan 2009, 18:54
I totally agree with George :)

rg_001100
22nd Jan 2009, 18:56
TR:U was damn good, one of the best TRs we've seen so far. I look forward to seeing CD improve on their formula for the next game, or if it does get in the hands of another developer, I look forward to seeing their take on TR.

tombraidergal
22nd Jan 2009, 20:08
They got FIRED? i thought it woz just 30 employees and eric lindstrorm not the whole company FIRED! Thts like a punch in the face, similar to core when they found out that CD were working on tomb raider legend when they were making tomb raider anniversary in 2005! SHOCK HORROR! But i would love to see Ubisoft or Sega take on Tomb Raider, it's be funny to see em try. Let em have a go. i'm sure it'll turn out completely different, there'll be no keeley hawes, they'll have a different voice actress. BIG step. Who might they pick???? They could have Emma Watson put on a real grown up accent or some actress we never heard of! She should be made to look better! :D

jayjay119
22nd Jan 2009, 20:48
They got FIRED? i thought it woz just 30 employees and eric lindstrorm not the whole company FIRED!

It was, the wholesale firing was just a rumor. CD is still in charge of the TR project.They've just streamlined the staff apparently!

midna1
23rd Jan 2009, 10:35
Theres no way anyone would be stupid enough to buy the TR licence then develop the game from scratch.

And that includes THQ :cool:

U have to leave CD alone for 18 months to make the next game. Erik Lindstrom needs to be more aggressive with whatever publisher it is. You need to tell the publisher - "go fu*k yourself" ****

UMIST_For_Ever
23rd Jan 2009, 12:00
I hope they take their time and try not to crash the next-gen consoles with too many plants again.

Magic formula is;

Good game = Gameplay (much more important than anything else) X Graphics at a factor of time (t)

kiss-bite
23rd Jan 2009, 12:23
I would just like to see a new TR game that actually offers a real challenge once more, like the classics. The challenging puzzles & environmental obstacles used to be what made TR so much fun.:) CD has yet to get this right in their formula, their TR games are just far too easy & tell the player what to do, fingers crossed for more of a real challenge next time...please.....please...:D

josh1122
23rd Jan 2009, 12:39
I would just like to see a new TR game that actually offers a real challenge once more, like the classics. The challenging puzzles & environmental obstacles used to be what made TR so much fun.:) CD has yet to get this right in their formula, their TR games are just far too easy & tell the player what to do, fingers crossed for more of a real challenge next time...please.....please...:D

I think the games are fine. However, I hope next time, whether its EIDOS in charge of CD or someone else is in charge of CD. Hopefully next time they will not be rushed to get the product out there as quickly as possible and are given proper development time for the next game.

gizmo
23rd Jan 2009, 13:26
Crystal must continue making Tomb Raider, I think the last three were perfect, even though one was a remake, CD have created the prefect tomb raider games so far, they just put it together so well:D :D

TRA_Abomination
23rd Jan 2009, 22:11

I agree with you, but they at least deserve credit for bringing the series back to like after the Angel of Darkness disaster lol

josh1122
23rd Jan 2009, 22:18
I agree with you, but they at least deserve credit for bringing the series back to like after the Angel of Darkness disaster lol

Yeah. It would be a shame if the series had totally ended and died with AOD. Ending on a bad note. Luckily it didnt :D

Arctic
23rd Jan 2009, 22:39
Oh, I hope CD will make the next TR game. I'm afraid of a big change in the TR series. It would be such a shame...

TRA_Abomination
24th Jan 2009, 05:39
Oh, I hope CD will make the next TR game. I'm afraid of a big change in the TR series. It would be such a shame...

I hope so too...I mean they still have some things to work on (mainly the camera issues or making sure the game is good on all consles **cough** wii **cough**) but from what I've seen from the PC/PS3 versions they outdid themselves truly

Dusk Knight
24th Jan 2009, 05:51
From what I've heard, Eidos may want to "rejuvenate" the series again, but they want Crystal Dynamics (and apparently Toby Gard) to be the ones to do it. :thumb: