PDA

View Full Version : Master mind villan.

batman93oo
22nd Jan 2009, 05:32
I know that the joker is sopose to be the lead villian of this game. but i think there shoudl be some one who realesed them the head matermind such as Hush and Bane. Like follow a sort of knightfall storyline of draining the bat of gadgets and stamina making him weak for the final boss or maybe even make Ra's Al Ghul who knows But if anybody had to be the mastermind it probably be Hush, Bane or Ra's as ghul. Or proabbly jus be the joker but lets see wut do you think

Drazar
22nd Jan 2009, 07:58
Joker can be a mastermind villain too, remember that. Paul Dini might have some good twists on to the story, and might even make someone else the true last boss or so. Bane is atleast confirmed for this game. :p

WhatsHisFace
22nd Jan 2009, 13:59
The only presentation of The Joker where I felt that he was indeed a mastermind, was in The Dark Knight movie. Everywhere else he's just a pain in the ass. I think it's because writers have a hard time coming up with great ideas for The Joker, but obviously Christopher Nolan, a genius, doesn't have that problem.

Drazar
22nd Jan 2009, 17:28
You clearly haven't read Batman #1 ;)

k1ll1ng j0k3
22nd Jan 2009, 17:53
I think a reason why most people have a hard time seeing The Joker as a mastermind is because they don’t understand his reasons. While Hush does what he does for revenge and Bane does it for power, The Joker does it because it’s fun and the fun is not in killing batman and taking over the city but in breaking him and making his life a living hell, and in that he is a mastermind. To shoot commissioner Gordon’s daughter, kidnap him and put him on a ride naked and show him naked pictures of his recently crippled daughter, just to prove the point that it only takes a bad day to drive a good man into madness, that my friends is the job of a mastermind, lets not forget who killed Jason Todd either. Lets face it, The Joker is great at what he does because he loves doing it, he just does it because it’s fun.

DarthArachnis
22nd Jan 2009, 23:18
Lets face it, The Joker is great at what he does because he loves doing it, he just does it because it’s fun.

Aye... After all, "Some men just want to watch the world burn."

batman93oo
23rd Jan 2009, 00:02
I think a reason why most people have a hard time seeing The Joker as a mastermind is because they don’t understand his reasons. While Hush does what he does for revenge and Bane does it for power, The Joker does it because it’s fun and the fun is not in killing batman and taking over the city but in breaking him and making his life a living hell, and in that he is a mastermind. To shoot commissioner Gordon’s daughter, kidnap him and put him on a ride naked and show him naked pictures of his recently crippled daughter, just to prove the point that it only takes a bad day to drive a good man into madness, that my friends is the job of a mastermind, lets not forget who killed Jason Todd either. Lets face it, The Joker is great at what he does because he loves doing it, he just does it because it’s fun.

I know y trying to say he is a mastermind but like im trying to say the joker is overused as batman's main villan and we need somebody actually has a plan behind it all and not a dog chasing cars. like the joekr is my fav batman villian probably be #1 villian for me if i didnt think darkseid is the best but what im trying to say he is overused for the main villian

Mr.D
23rd Jan 2009, 00:13
Your Missing one fatal person - The Riddler - if you have hush u have to have him tho i wouldn't suspect him for this game. In Regards to the Joker being a mastermind this version looks like the Crazy over the top one but we will see right lol

Zsasz
23rd Jan 2009, 00:26
I know y trying to say he is a mastermind but like im trying to say the joker is overused as batman's main villan and we need somebody actually has a plan behind it all and not a dog chasing cars. like the joekr is my fav batman villian probably be #1 villian for me if i didnt think darkseid is the best but what im trying to say he is overused for the main villian

Just because something is over-used doesn't mean it's not entertaining. Alcohol, for example, you could get the same affect by headbutting a wall, yet drinking alcohol is a better and generally funner method. And the Joker in the comics is SLIGHTLY more collected than the one in the Dark Knight movie. And what plan would this be? It's BATMAN, the one man stopping Villains from running rampant in Gotham, if we disregard the Bat Family. And where does it say we NEED a grand plan behind it? To be honest I think there's no better reason for taking over Arkham Asylum then NOT being put into Arkham Asylum.

Zsasz
23rd Jan 2009, 00:27
Your Missing one fatal person - The Riddler - if you have hush u have to have him tho i wouldn't suspect him for this game. In Regards to the Joker being a mastermind this version looks like the Crazy over the top one but we will see right lol

I'm sorry, but... when has the Joker NOT been insane? Disregarding the time he fell into the Lazarus pit and he had those precious 4 minutes of lucidity.

batman93oo
23rd Jan 2009, 00:43
Just because something is over-used doesn't mean it's not entertaining. Alcohol, for example, you could get the same affect by headbutting a wall, yet drinking alcohol is a better and generally funner method. And the Joker in the comics is SLIGHTLY more collected than the one in the Dark Knight movie. And what plan would this be? It's BATMAN, the one man stopping Villains from running rampant in Gotham, if we disregard the Bat Family. And where does it say we NEED a grand plan behind it? To be honest I think there's no better reason for taking over Arkham Asylum then NOT being put into Arkham Asylum.

Um tht alchol thing is worng completly. Alchol is a like drugs wen first used it never gets better as said by studies and the point u keep doing it is to get tht same first time feeling and same with joker mastermindof video games. Like if ledger would come bak tmr and do another main joker villan in nolans series of a movie i garuntee u, it wouldnt be as great as the dark knight as becuz people will say we seen it before. Not to say he wouldnt be better in another series besides nolan but if nolans series again he need another villan to show a differnce and peopel to enjoy. I mean its the same in comic besides the killing joke in the last 20yrs who have been the grand master minds of batmans major comic and graphic novels. Let see there is the long halloween - two face. hush -hush knightfall- bane TDK returns- the gotham city police and US government. trinity ( even though its supes and wonder woman)- has ra's al ghul. and batman r.i.p - Dr. hurt. Shows we need a better class of villIan and mybe the joker shouldnt be head of it. Not to say the joker cant be the head villian but i want something new i want to Hush voiced and seen in motion. Ra's al ghul getting an awsome game for him and bane more than a side villian as seen in other games.

batman93oo
23rd Jan 2009, 00:45

He sopose to be in this game becuz of the pics seen of the wall of his cell

Mr.D
23rd Jan 2009, 12:11
He sopose to be in this game becuz of the pics seen of the wall of his cell

Yeah im not doubting he wont be in the game im just saying i very much doubt he be behind all of the events this time, he usually is one of the weaker villian story arc's. I think it might be someone new completely off the spectrum, btw is harley quinn in this?

k1ll1ng j0k3
23rd Jan 2009, 15:06
I'm sorry, but... when has the Joker NOT been insane? Disregarding the time he fell into the Lazarus pit and he had those precious 4 minutes of lucidity.
well there was the time where he thought he killed batman so he tried to live a normal life for a while

angleslam99
24th Jan 2009, 03:45
Yeah im not doubting he wont be in the game im just saying i very much doubt he be behind all of the events this time, he usually is one of the weaker villian story arc's. I think it might be someone new completely off the spectrum, btw is harley quinn in this?

Yeah Harley is confirmed

Zsasz
24th Jan 2009, 23:24
Um tht alchol thing is worng completly. Alchol is a like drugs wen first used it never gets better as said by studies and the point u keep doing it is to get tht same first time feeling and same with joker mastermindof video games. Like if ledger would come bak tmr and do another main joker villan in nolans series of a movie i garuntee u, it wouldnt be as great as the dark knight as becuz people will say we seen it before. Not to say he wouldnt be better in another series besides nolan but if nolans series again he need another villan to show a differnce and peopel to enjoy. I mean its the same in comic besides the killing joke in the last 20yrs who have been the grand master minds of batmans major comic and graphic novels. Let see there is the long halloween - two face. hush -hush knightfall- bane TDK returns- the gotham city police and US government. trinity ( even though its supes and wonder woman)- has ra's al ghul. and batman r.i.p - Dr. hurt. Shows we need a better class of villIan and mybe the joker shouldnt be head of it. Not to say the joker cant be the head villian but i want something new i want to Hush voiced and seen in motion. Ra's al ghul getting an awsome game for him and bane more than a side villian as seen in other games.

Okay, first, your lack of an apparent spell-checking program is making me punch things for no reason. And the alcohol metaphor (Yes, metaphor) was meant to simply illustrate the fact that just because something is over done doesn't mean it's bad, or dried out. The Joker would be a perfectly acceptable mastermind, Hush wouldn't make a very good one because he made a point of keeping other Villains out of his way, Bane doesn't LIKE Villainy that much, and has been known to help Batman on many occasions, the only reason behind him breaking Batman was to get rid of his bad dreams. True he will be in this one, but if he's already been confirmed then he's probably not the mastermind. Ra's Al Ghul would be more suited but he would probably find a better way of doing it than with a mental asylum. Who's next on your villain conspiracy? Killer Croc?

I'm sorry, but the Joker makes the most SENSE, and while this game gives a nod to the loyal comic readers, the Joker is the best person for this game because people will buy it because of the Dark Knight hype, the Joker is in right now, and while a sub-plot for game design is making a good game, it's mostly making a profit, like any other business. You have to remember that the Joker just wants to make Batman suffer.

And if you indirectly use another Dark Knight quote I will become annoyed.

DarthArachnis
25th Jan 2009, 01:08
Really, I fail to understand why there is speculation as to another mastermind villain... If you were to simply look at the banner of the website, you'd see exactly what the developers want you to see: the mastermind villain and the hero...

Zsasz
25th Jan 2009, 16:20
Really, I fail to understand why there is speculation as to another mastermind villain... If you were to simply look at the banner of the website, you'd see exactly what the developers want you to see: the mastermind villain and the hero...

Quoted. For. Truth.

Mr.D
26th Jan 2009, 05:31

True, but it made a great topic of discussion, Zsasz the more i read you post the more it makes sense, tho i think if they wanted to not be corporate there be a twist lol

HystericFreak
27th Jan 2009, 22:05
I think if they were to put another villian behind the Joker, then it'd really undermine his intelligence and threat. He's Batman's old school nemisis, they are polar opposites and the perfect match for eachother. To put someone else in a position of power over the Joker really belittles him and doesn't make much sense; his ego is such that he couldn't actually handle someone else 'using' him, and he'd find a way to get use them right back.

angleslam99
28th Jan 2009, 02:01
I think if they were to put another villian behind the Joker, then it'd really undermine his intelligence and threat. He's Batman's old school nemisis, they are polar opposites and the perfect match for eachother. To put someone else in a position of power over the Joker really belittles him and doesn't make much sense; his ego is such that he couldn't actually handle someone else 'using' him, and he'd find a way to get use them right back.

100% correct