PDA

View Full Version : The Mini Ninja forum welcomes you!

Keir
20th Jan 2009, 15:50
Introducing The World’s Smallest Hero

It is with great pride that Io Interactive unveils their latest videogame creation in a brand new game - MINI NINJAS™, due for release Fall 2009 on Nintendo Wii, Nintendo DS, Xbox 360, PC Games for Windows and PlayStation 3 – Rated E10+, PEGI 7+

Prepare yourself for a Ninja adventure like you have never seen before! Join Hiro, the smallest hero on the biggest adventure, as he embarks on an epic and electrifying quest to restore harmony to a world on the brink of chaos. Use your skills and mighty Ninja training to battle a magical army of evil Samurai. Harness the power of your Kuji magic and utilise the special skills of your Mini Ninja friends as you travel through a perilous world to reach the final confrontation with the Evil Samurai Warlord in his Fortress of Doom.

“Mini Ninjas represents a truly special game for us,” said Niels Jørgensen, General Manager of Io Interactive. “The whole team is very excited about it, because it is unique in so many ways. From the art style to the characters and the depth of the game – Mini Ninjas has that exceptional appeal, which is sure to keep both young and old very entertained.”

Visit minininjas.com (http://www.minininjas.com/) for more http://e.deviantart.com/emoticons/n/ninjaeat.gif

dark_angel_7
20th Jan 2009, 16:59
Wow!

IO Interactive are great devs and I cant wait for this game of theirs. Although its very different to the genres of Hitman, and Kane & Lynch it still look amazing! Cant wait for more :D,

WhatsHisFace
21st Jan 2009, 16:19
They stopped working on "Kane and Lynch 2" for this?

:mad2:

dark_angel_7
21st Jan 2009, 17:35

Patience friend :)

As far as I know of IO Interactive is working on Mini Ninjas (Autumn 2009), Hitman 5 (2010) and Kane and Lynch 2 (2010/2011). Eidos has already confirmed IO is working on 3 games and those are the 3.

Keir
22nd Jan 2009, 10:55

Dev studios these days are massive, with loads of employees. Mini Ninjas won't effect the development of any project Io happen to be working on ;)

Now suck it up and check out Mini Ninjas, I know it's completely different to usual Io fare, but it's awesome. We'll be releasing more news soon http://e.deviantart.com/emoticons/n/ninjameditate.gif

dark_angel_7
22nd Jan 2009, 16:22
Dev studios these days are massive, with loads of employees. Mini Ninjas won't effect the development of any project Io happen to be working on ;)

Now suck it up and check out Mini Ninjas, I know it's completely different to usual Io fare, but it's awesome. We'll be releasing more news soon http://e.deviantart.com/emoticons/n/ninjameditate.gif

More news? :D

Can't wait!

Mr.D
23rd Jan 2009, 00:03
usually i dont join forums on the whim of one game, but Mini Ninjas Look bloody awesome so i cant wait to hear more about it

_Love2Raid_
23rd Jan 2009, 00:30
This game looks funny! I really liked the trailer. :thumb:

josh1122
23rd Jan 2009, 08:06
i cannot wait for this. im almost mid twenties but find this game looks fun lol.

should be a good game from the looks of it :D

bunnyhero
23rd Jan 2009, 09:12
the trailer and screenshots look cool :) i'm curious to hear what the differences between the platform versions will be (DS and wii compared to ps3/x360). also, i'm sad that there's no PSP version :(

kieljo
23rd Jan 2009, 12:46
I hope there are some stealth elements that would be cool. Rather then a straight forward button masher hack and slash. The game looks awesome though.

dark_angel_7
23rd Jan 2009, 16:26
I hope there are some stealth elements that would be cool. Rather then a straight forward button masher hack and slash. The game looks awesome though.

I agree :thumb:

The New Blueguy
24th Jan 2009, 04:14
This looks to be a great game. As much as I eagerly await Hitman 5 and Kane and Lynch 2, I'm glad I'll have this to add to my collection. Good job guys and best of luck. Oh and must ask for two simple requests if they read these boards. Please three player co-op with a full skill tree for each of the Mini Ninja clan is a must!! And a special request on behalf of myself and my wife, we must be able to turn the enemy into pandas!!!

Subjective Effect
26th Jan 2009, 12:53
How can people tell it's going to be great? I haven't seen any gameplay footage.

WhatsHisFace
26th Jan 2009, 16:50
All we have is a short (supposedly in-engine) video and an extremely vague release window. We don't know if it's the same core team behind Hitman or Kane and Lynch, or if it's a collection of relative upstarts.

It's far too early to make any opinion on the game, good or bad, save for the subject material.

And honestly, I'm not that happy with it. I prefer Io's other games to this. This seems so... unlike Io. Like they're trying to make a casual game: which also doesn't really grab me.

But who knows. Maybe it'll be the next Ninja Gaiden.

RadarTrap
27th Jan 2009, 10:26

Agreed. I love the looks of this game, it's overflowing with potential! The only thing that worries me is that it might be too childish/simplistic. What I'm really hoping for is a gameplay mix between Tenchu and MGS4 (only without the boring overdone cutscenes). Hopefully IO Interactive realises that us late-20s are a fantastic demographic to be aiming for.

Sina_Croft
27th Jan 2009, 18:25
Looking forward to it ^^

kieljo
28th Jan 2009, 14:07
Agreed. I love the looks of this game, it's overflowing with potential! The only thing that worries me is that it might be too childish/simplistic. What I'm really hoping for is a gameplay mix between Tenchu and MGS4 (only without the boring overdone cutscenes). Hopefully IO Interactive realises that us late-20s are a fantastic demographic to be aiming for.

Exactly! a more casual cartoon style type of Tenchu. Lord knows someone needs to put out a decent stealthy ninja game. The Tenchu series seems to need a little help and this might be the ticket if it's done right. I realize that not everyone's a Tenchu fan but it's nice to dream ;)

John

muteki13
29th Jan 2009, 17:10
Now, I like cartoonish games. And I've bought every game that IOI has put out along with all the soundtracks (Jesper Kyd is incredible).
But why in the living hell are they releasing a kiddie game? And how did they even put that across the table? "The makers of Hitman 1, Hitman 2, Hitman 3, and of course, Hitman 4 now bring you tiny cute ninjas who save animals a la Sonic the Hedgehog." What happened there? I used to shoot the hell out of animals in IOI games. They expected you to.

I think that I can blame the Wii for this. Ever since the Wii came out, there has been a growing trend towards mindless, simplistic, and repetitive games that can be mastered by a drooling 2 year old. And you can't have complex, carefully executed assassinations when you have to defeat bad guys by shaking your wrist.

I'm sure I'll buy the game anyway. I just hope that the Wii hasn't destroyed gaming as we know it.

WhatsHisFace
29th Jan 2009, 18:25
Now, I like cartoonish games. And I've bought every game that IOI has put out along with all the soundtracks (Jesper Kyd is incredible).
But why in the living hell are they releasing a kiddie game? And how did they even put that across the table? "The makers of Hitman 1, Hitman 2, Hitman 3, and of course, Hitman 4 now bring you tiny cute ninjas who save animals a la Sonic the Hedgehog." What happened there? I used to shoot the hell out of animals in IOI games. They expected you to.

I think that I can blame the Wii for this. Ever since the Wii came out, there has been a growing trend towards mindless, simplistic, and repetitive games that can be mastered by a drooling 2 year old. And you can't have complex, carefully executed assassinations when you have to defeat bad guys by shaking your wrist.

I'm sure I'll buy the game anyway. I just hope that the Wii hasn't destroyed gaming as we know it.
It has. But the best part is, Wii third-party games don't sell. Only Nintendo games sell well on Nintendo platforms. So Mini-Ninjas will sell poorly, and Io will go back to making games that people will actually play.

RadarTrap
30th Jan 2009, 00:09
Now, I like cartoonish games.
In that case you might like Mini Ninjas :)

I think it's unreasonable to expect that once a games studio has produced a successful franchise that they're no longer allowed to make anything different. Making Mini Ninjas doesn't even mean that they're not going to continue to make Hitman sequels if they want to.

I for one am hoping that Mini Ninjas will be more than a mindless, simplistic and repetitive game. It's too early to tell from one cutscene and some screenshots.

Now, this game is going to be released on almost every current-gen console known to man. Traditionally the PS3, XBOX360 and PC versions share source code while Wii and DS versions are developed by completely separate teams. There are no guarantees that the Wii version will be the same game at all. I think the real point that you're missing though is that it's not the Wii that has shaped which games are being made, it's the customers. If Wii games didn't sell then nobody would make them.

Nick@IO
30th Jan 2009, 08:40
Hello all

I thought it was about time I dropped in and said hi. My name is Nick and I'm the new community manager at IO Interactive. I'll be partaking in the various discussions in here for the future (in addition to doing some crazy web stuff in general) and I will try to answer your questions and concerns whenever I can.

We're extremely happy to be able to announce Mini Ninjas - partly because it's about Ninjas, which is cool in itself, but also because it's something very different from what we've been doing up until now and because we feel it's important to branch out and learn new things once in a while. With that said, I can also calm everyone's nerves and tell you that we will NOT stop making the kinds of games that put us where we are today. I can't give you titles and dates and tell you stuff about what other projects we're working on at the moment, but I can tell you that Mini Ninjas is going to be really cool and that we have lots more stuff coming. The game has been underway for some time now and the team is working real hard to give everyone something to enjoy.

Cheers

Nick

We will also be releasing more information about MN in the coming months and I'm sure you'll all like it. If you're a die-hard Hitman fan then this game is likely to be something very different from what you're used to - but that's not neccesarily a bad thing.

dark_angel_7
30th Jan 2009, 10:29
Hello all

I thought it was about time I dropped in and said hi. My name is Nick and I'm the new community manager at IO Interactive. I'll be partaking in the various discussions in here for the future (in addition to doing some crazy web stuff in general) and I will try to answer your questions and concerns whenever I can.

We're extremely happy to be able to announce Mini Ninjas - partly because it's about Ninjas, which is cool in itself, but also because it's something very different from what we've been doing up until now and because we feel it's important to branch out and learn new things once in a while. With that said, I can also calm everyone's nerves and tell you that we will NOT stop making the kinds of games that put us where we are today. I can't give you titles and dates and tell you stuff about what other projects we're working on at the moment, but I can tell you that Mini Ninjas is going to be really cool and that we have lots more stuff coming. The game has been underway for some time now and the team is working real hard to give everyone something to enjoy.

Cheers

Nick

We will also be releasing more information about MN in the coming months and I'm sure you'll all like it. If you're a die-hard Hitman fan then this game is likely to be something very different from what you're used to - but that's not neccesarily a bad thing.

Excellent Great to see some re-assurance from IOI. :)

RadarTrap
30th Jan 2009, 11:48
We're extremely happy to be able to announce Mini Ninjas - partly because it's about Ninjas, which is cool in itself...
...So very true! Perhaps you could share some non-specific details with us? We have plenty of questions:

-- Who are your target demographic? Just kids?
-- How would you describe the game type? Platformer, hack-n-slash etc?
-- Are the PS3/360 and Wii versions of the game going to be the same?

So far the tiny teaser we've had looks great!

dark_angel_7
30th Jan 2009, 12:01
...So very true! Perhaps you could share some non-specific details with us? We have plenty of questions:

I would also like to see answers to these questions :) Also Batman Arkham Asylum and Tomb Raider: Underworld have had podcasts for their games updates, will IOI have podcasts for their games updates?

Nick@IO
30th Jan 2009, 13:09

I can't really give away too much right now but I can tell you that we will be giving out more information real soon. The game is a kind of action-adventure game with several layers of gameplay available, which we'll talk more about in the coming months.

It's a PEGI 7+ (E10 in the US), which also means we're looking at a younger audience this time around but it's really not a game that's only aimed at kids, though they certainly are part of the major demographic. The team is working really hard to make sure that there's a lot of things to do for everyone into Ninjas and fun action games, and I - though you will likely accuse me of being biased - actually have a lot of fun playing it myself, so clearly we're confident that it will hit wide. You should not expect a hardcore Tenchu-type of action game, which I guess you'd also not expect after having seen the teaser trailer, but there's lots and lots of combat with all the things you'd expect in that regard.

The console versions are essentially the same gameplay-wise, while the Wii version has various adjustments and gameplay-elements specific for that platform implemented and there are graphics difference as well, of course, but the Wii version looks really awesome. The same goes for the DS version but I can't tell you more about that at this point in time.

Regarding podcasts (and other stuff similar to that) - we're looking into it but these things take time to get up and running effectively. We'll do a lot of things down the line but probably not in time for the Mini Ninjas launch.

kieljo
30th Jan 2009, 18:02
I can't really give away too much right now but I can tell you that we will be giving out more information real soon. The game is a kind of action-adventure game with several layers of gameplay available, which we'll talk more about in the coming months.

It's a PEGI 7+ (E10 in the US), which also means we're looking at a younger audience this time around but it's really not a game that's only aimed at kids, though they certainly are part of the major demographic. The team is working really hard to make sure that there's a lot of things to do for everyone into Ninjas and fun action games, and I - though you will likely accuse me of being biased - actually have a lot of fun playing it myself, so clearly we're confident that it will hit wide. You should not expect a hardcore Tenchu-type of action game, which I guess you'd also not expect after having seen the teaser trailer, but there's lots and lots of combat with all the things you'd expect in that regard.

The console versions are essentially the same gameplay-wise, while the Wii version has various adjustments and gameplay-elements specific for that platform implemented and there are graphics difference as well, of course, but the Wii version looks really awesome. The same goes for the DS version but I can't tell you more about that at this point in time.

Regarding podcasts (and other stuff similar to that) - we're looking into it but these things take time to get up and running effectively. We'll do a lot of things down the line but probably not in time for the Mini Ninjas launch.

Great info...I wouldn't expect a hardcore Tenchu type game based on the content but it would be kind of cool to be able to sneak around and attack enemies without being seen as part of the whole gaming experience. It doesn't need to be all Tenchu but it would be nice to be seasoned throughout the game. After all isn't that what being a ninja is all about. Also,
why did you decide not to make a PSP version out of curiosity?

RadarTrap
30th Jan 2009, 22:21
Great info...I wouldn't expect a hardcore Tenchu type game based on the content but it would be kind of cool to be able to sneak around and attack enemies without being seen as part of the whole gaming experience. It doesn't need to be all Tenchu but it would be nice to be seasoned throughout the game. After all isn't that what being a ninja is all about. Also,

Seconded. I'm also hoping that you get to play as all three characters that appeared in the teaser trailer and that there is a distinct difference in gameplay between them; my first impression was that the main guy would be the lightning fast swordsman, the big fella a big slow but powerful brawler and the girl a stealthy sniper. :D

PS: Thanks for the speedy reply Nick. :thumb: I wasn't expecting Tenchu really - more like Sly Cooper (which was a great series). There are plenty of franchises that have demonstrated that appealing to the young and old alike is an effective path to success, just take Ratchet & Clank or LittleBigPlanet...

dark_angel_7
31st Jan 2009, 15:54
Seconded. I'm also hoping that you get to play as all three characters that appeared in the teaser trailer and that there is a distinct difference in gameplay between them; my first impression was that the main guy would be the lightning fast swordsman, the big fella a big slow but powerful brawler and the girl a stealthy sniper. :D

PS: Thanks for the speedy reply Nick. :thumb: I wasn't expecting Tenchu really - more like Sly Cooper (which was a great series). There are plenty of franchises that have demonstrated that appealing to the young and old alike is an effective path to success, just take Ratchet & Clank or LittleBigPlanet...

I agree with what you've said.

Also Nick, is the Glacier engine being used? And will the graphics (certainly for the PC, 360 & PS3 version) look like the graphics in the trailer?

RadarTrap
1st Feb 2009, 09:46
Also Nick, is the Glacier engine being used? And will the graphics (certainly for the PC, 360 & PS3 version) look like the graphics in the trailer?

Speaking of graphics, what's with so many sites (IGN and others) having the exact same screenshot listed under Wii, PS3 and 360? The only site I've found that actually had higher def and widescreen images for the latter two was Kotaku. Seems like the interwebs are giving your game a raw deal...

dark_angel_7
1st Feb 2009, 13:21
Speaking of graphics, what's with so many sites (IGN and others) having the exact same screenshot listed under Wii, PS3 and 360? The only site I've found that actually had higher def and widescreen images for the latter two was Kotaku. Seems like the interwebs are giving your game a raw deal...

Thats something I noticed too :( It seems they have just used the Wii ones for all the versions because you can see that a PS3/PC/360 version would obviously look better then that.

WhatsHisFace
1st Feb 2009, 16:18
In all actuality, they are probably showing the Xbox360/PC version at the moment. The Wii version will most likely look horrible.

Nick@IO
2nd Feb 2009, 11:16
@ Kieljo - We're bringing the game out on five formats and I'm fairly certain that someone decided that would have to be enough for initial launch. I can't in any way promise that the game will be out on PSP at some point, but I doubt it.

@dark_angel_7: Yes, we're developing it on Glacier. The graphics in the trailer are rendered CGI, which means that the game will not look exactly like that, no. The screenshots should give you a good idea about what the game looks like (which is pretty damn nice, if I say so myself) and actually the team is doing some really cool things to make the Wii version look as good as possible. It's one of the prettiest games I've seen on that platform but clearly it's not packing the punch of the PS3 or the Xbox360.

@ RadarTrap: Yeah, I've noticed that too. Not too sure about that, really. They look like they just piled everything together in a big bunch. Also, you do get to play the different Ninjas as you see fit (more or less - you'll learn more as we reveal more about the game) and there's tons of stuff to do in the game. I've yet to discover everything in there and I've spent a 'few' (i.e. a lot) hours with it so far.

dark_angel_7
2nd Feb 2009, 14:53
@ Kieljo - We're bringing the game out on five formats and I'm fairly certain that someone decided that would have to be enough for initial launch. I can't in any way promise that the game will be out on PSP at some point, but I doubt it.

@dark_angel_7: Yes, we're developing it on Glacier. The graphics in the trailer are rendered CGI, which means that the game will not look exactly like that, no. The screenshots should give you a good idea about what the game looks like (which is pretty damn nice, if I say so myself) and actually the team is doing some really cool things to make the Wii version look as good as possible. It's one of the prettiest games I've seen on that platform but clearly it's not packing the punch of the PS3 or the Xbox360.

@ RadarTrap: Yeah, I've noticed that too. Not too sure about that, really. They look like they just piled everything together in a big bunch. Also, you do get to play the different Ninjas as you see fit (more or less - you'll learn more as we reveal more about the game) and there's tons of stuff to do in the game. I've yet to discover everything in there and I've spent a 'few' (i.e. a lot) hours with it so far.

Thanks for clearing that up. :thumbsup:

Hitman
4th Feb 2009, 00:08
Will Jesper Kyd be doing the music for Mini Ninjas?

JonasLind
4th Feb 2009, 13:05
Will Jesper Kyd be doing the music for Mini Ninjas?

No - We have another really good danish composer working with us on the music score. Peter Svarre. As a little trivia I can add that we've used real japanese music instruments to record the music with, Taiko drums as well as shakuhatsi and shakalute flutes, since we wanted it as authentic as we could make it. Took us a good while to find someone in Denmark who could play these things :)

dark_angel_7
4th Feb 2009, 14:10
No - We have another really good danish composer working with us on the music score. Peter Svarre. As a little trivia I can add that we've used real japanese music instruments to record the music with, Taiko drums as well as shakuhatsi and shakalute flutes, since we wanted it as authentic as we could make it. Took us a good while to find someone in Denmark who could play these things :)

Its is a shame that Jasper isnt producing the musical score as he is one of the finest composers in the industry IMHO. Will IO Interactive be working with Jasper on future games?

However, the music in the Mini Ninjas trailer did sound very authentic, orchestral and amazing so I'm not too worried as I think the music will be great in the final game :).

Nick@IO
4th Feb 2009, 14:50
I think it's hard to say who will be doing what on future games when it comes to music and such. Obviously, Jesper set the bar quite high and we're not going to suddenly lower that in the future whether we work with him or someone else.

And, just for the record, Jonas is the producer for Mini Ninjas and not some troll posing as an employee here, so if he says something, it's legit. :nut:

WhatsHisFace
7th Feb 2009, 19:00
Its is a shame that Jasper isnt producing the musical score as he is one of the finest composers in the industry IMHO. Will IO Interactive be working with Jasper on future games?

However, the music in the Mini Ninjas trailer did sound very authentic, orchestral and amazing so I'm not too worried as I think the music will be great in the final game :).
Jesper Kyd hit his peak with Hitman 2 and Freedom Fighters. Everything since then has been more "washy" with no real strong themes.

dark_angel_7
7th Feb 2009, 19:19
Jesper Kyd hit his peak with Hitman 2 and Freedom Fighters. Everything since then has been more "washy" with no real strong themes.

If you've played Assassins Creed you'll see that Jasper is still doing some really amazing stuff.

WhatsHisFace
8th Feb 2009, 05:25
If you've played Assassins Creed you'll see that Jasper is still doing some really amazing stuff.

I liked the song that would play when you'd be escaping from a big-time Assassination, but other than that, I felt the Assassin's Creed score was very forgettable.

However, Assassin's Creed was a completely amazing game. I absolutely loved the concept and the story delivery.

RadarTrap
8th Feb 2009, 12:24
...Assassin's Creed was a completely amazing game. I absolutely loved the concept and the story delivery.

If only they hadn't made all those long boring monologues unskippable it might have had some replay value too ... if only ... :hmm:

RadarTrap
11th Feb 2009, 12:44
So .... any chance of some gameplay footage to whet our appetites? Perhaps a walkthrough of a level..? So many options to appease our curious minds. :D

tele
14th Feb 2009, 05:58
Hello all

I thought it was about time I dropped in and said hi. My name is Nick and I'm the new community manager at IO Interactive......to enjoy.

Cheers

Nick

We ...... a bad thing.

I watched the trailer and find this game very interesting. I hope this game will be a fun and interesting game. There are too many serious games out there. If it is possible please add some more mini games in this game. Last of all, good luck and make this game a fun killer game.

tele
14th Feb 2009, 06:03

If you like Tenchu style why not just play Tenchu. I really hope this game will have its unique game play style. Not an half-ass Tenchu style game play.

Branndox
18th Feb 2009, 06:52
How many players will this game be? Is it 4? It would be awesome if it was a 4 player co-op game.

Falkenwut
22nd Feb 2009, 22:19
Hey programmers, keep up the good work, I'm looking foreward to another presentation of IOI and Eidos! Big fan of your work!!

Got a few question that I was thinking...
(this one I would love to have an answer to it:) Will the game's language be japanese? or maybe will the characters speak japanese and use english subtitles? It would make the story faaar more authentic!

And also, will there be references to the other IOI / Eidos games inside the mini ninjas? It would be cute to find that lovable yellow duckling from the hitman series

Last question: (not expecting an answer on this one) Will david bateson, Brian Bloom or maybe Jarion Monroe be doing any voice-acting in this game?

Ninjer
23rd Feb 2009, 21:05
I would really like to see some simple stealth elements like that in Sly Cooper. That wasn't the best game, but the stealth elements were fun and solid. A combination of that, projectiles, platforming, grappling hooks and an over-the-top combat system is what I'd like to see. So stealth won't be everything, but still very useful. Being able to climb on every surface ridiculously fast would make me so happy(not literally every surface, you know what I mean). Stealth attacks are needed. Swinging from ropes and clibing into trees jumping from branch to branch and into the core of a group of samurai to take out several at once and take out the remainder with shuriken. Unison attacks with your partners and using the big guy for an extra boost in your jump. Reaction commands are lovely.

I'm dreaming, but these are some examples of things I'd love to see and have been waiting for in a game.

JonasLind
24th Feb 2009, 12:25
@Falken

There is Japanese dialogue spoken by Japanese actors in the game, to add authentic feel to it, as you say. Not everything is in Japanese however.

It wouldn't be like us not to have references to other games, would it? :)

@Ninjer

Ninjas without stealth ...that would be like a skateboard without wheels. We certainly have a stealth system in the game, with complimentary stealth attacks of course :)

RadarTrap
24th Feb 2009, 23:16
@Ninjer
Ninjas without stealth ...that would be like a skateboard without wheels. We certainly have a stealth system in the game, with complimentary stealth attacks of course :)

It's great to hear you say that Jonas! I think we're all sick and tired of ninja themed games where your 'ninja' runs headlong into rooms full of bad guys carrying a giant weapon that's twice your character's size. :mad2:

Ninjer
27th Feb 2009, 06:28
It's great to hear you say that Jonas! I think we're all sick and tired of ninja themed games where your 'ninja' runs headlong into rooms full of bad guys carrying a giant weapon that's twice your character's size. :mad2:

Seconded...twice. I actually didn't like Ninja Gaiden that much because it had no stealth throughout the game....awful. That should have been called magical warrior who looks like a ninja gaiden. Fairly fun game, but no need for ninjas in it at all.

Stealth and stealth attacks are what I look for in a ninja game!! Plus, a fluent battle system.

_Tomb_Raider_
8th Mar 2009, 13:28
AWWWWWWWWW, can't wait to play with them...they are sooo cute!

RadarTrap
26th Mar 2009, 23:45
Nick/Jonas,

With easter coming up I've been thinking a lot about easter eggs, and with yesterday's announcement of the new Ratchet & Clank I've also been thinking about robot pirates...

Now I'm sure all the visitors to this forum already know that ninjas beat pirates any day (yes, even robot ones)!

My suggestion, which is would very much appreciate if you would pass on to the dev team, is that I think a hidden/bonus level in which the mini ninjas mow down robot pirates would is called for. It would be AWESOME!
:worship:

DemoEmo
12th Apr 2009, 23:27
can you turn enemies into animals?

Acid_Burn
13th Apr 2009, 07:11
Yes. After you "kill" an enemy, it turns into cute animal ^_^

Sina_Croft
13th Apr 2009, 11:24

that sounds like Sonic xD

Acid_Burn
13th Apr 2009, 22:16
The game doesn't look like a Sonic. :) Personally, i liked MN more. But i saw MN a long time ago (in October) and IO may change a lot of in-game stuff. Anyway, i'm waiting for it.

Dr Klowneus
14th Apr 2009, 01:31
is this going to be a full title, on a disc, or a digital download. it looks great by the way

Acid_Burn
14th Apr 2009, 03:37
Full title of course. :)
It's like a LBP. Looks like a simple arcade, but really is a VERY good game.

Kosai106
14th Apr 2009, 15:41

Sounds pretty fun, haha. :rolleyes:

laserlipo
6th May 2009, 07:37
Dear Members,

We all welcomes mini ninjas becuase the previous was too gud and gud to watch it and play it and now heard about upcoming mini ninjas so it will be quite intresting and we all welcomes the comment on ninjas.

Lady_Of_The_Vine
23rd May 2009, 00:52
I thought I would pop in here after seeing the trailer - which really impressed me. :cool:

Hi everyone! :wave:

ReNZoRUK
23rd May 2009, 06:53
Hey!

Found out about Mini Ninjas about a month ago while browsing through game trailers on Xbox Marketplace. As I have a love for anything remotely to do with anything Ninja, Samurai or anything based in or around Japan/China (locales)... I am eagerly awaiting the release of this game :D

dark_angel_7
23rd May 2009, 17:57
I thought I would pop in here after seeing the trailer - which really impressed me. :cool:

Hi everyone! :wave:

I still, watch the trailer now - its just too good!

Falkenwut
30th May 2009, 10:47
Quick question to the developers:
Will there be any parodies taken from Japanese Samurai Movies to look foreward to? (like lone wolf and cub, the last samurai, Zatoichi, etc...)

Abeja
30th May 2009, 13:05
This looks very cool. Im hoping for some samurai movies references as well. It looks fun and creative. Childish but definitely looks like someone older could really enjoy this game.

Falkenwut
19th Aug 2009, 09:27
Q: Who will be doing the music for the game? Jesper Kyd I hope...

Acid_Burn
19th Aug 2009, 10:25
Nope :)
The composer is Peter Svarre

Falkenwut
21st Aug 2009, 10:56
I appologise for posting on this thread but I keep imagining myself like this bunny:
http://welikeitfresh.com/files/2008/12/bunny-thread-relevant-to-my-interests.jpg

anyways.. I got some questions reguarding the full Version. Not expecting an answer for most of them.

1> How big will the game be? 4 to 8 GB?
2> How many hours of gameplay are we expected to go on this? (excluding re-playable time :lmao:)
3> Is the length of the demo what we expect as 1 entire level for mini ninjas?
4> Will there be any changes from what was available from the demo to the full version?
(just for a funny example: the chicken jumps further)
5> Will there be a franchise to this game? (Sequels, movies, Toys, posters, T-shirts, Books, anything)
6> How many easter eggs will we be looking out for? (a number would suffice)

Reguarding point 5 - My opinion for this game would be a short tele-series using CGI graphics you used for the trailers. Cute as hell and perfect for advertisment xD

Once again, I am NOT expecting any answers for spoiler reasons, but an answer would always be appreciated ;)

Acid_Burn
21st Aug 2009, 22:52
2&3 - demo is just a very small part of what we'll see in a full game.
4 - MN2? Maybe. Depends on how good the game will sells, i guess.
Toys - there is a Hiro figurine (http://twitpic.com/dqlhv). But now it's not for sale, just limited number were made for some Game Press.
Tees - Nick posted photos of t-shirts. They're really adorable.
6 - there is no list of easter eggs. :) Developers put them spontaneously.

All other - Nick will answer :)

RadarTrap
22nd Aug 2009, 01:31
...just limited number were made for some Game Press.

Laaaaaame. The fans deserve them more :rasp:

Falkenwut
22nd Aug 2009, 09:12
Thanks for answering some my questions Acid Burn.

Be sure to spread the mini ninjas figurines to the public, I'm pretty sure that most of the people in this forum WILL buy them :P

For mini ninjas 2; i guess we'll just have to see about that :P

AS for Easter Eggs
- Got a nice one you can put in:
a small group of white ducks swimming... and one them is yellow.. and hiro feels sad for the yellow one
(2 in 1 easter egg - UGly duckling story + yellow duck from hitman)

Another 1:
If the game has wolves, u can put at some point a wolf and a cub
Referecing the "lone wolf and cub" series

fatal shadow
31st Aug 2009, 11:31
I played the demo a few times.

This looks like it's going to be a fun fictional ninja game. I love the musical direction, the use of Japanese, even the accents, these add an authentic feel. Also like how the game plays upon and includes superstitions about the ninja specific to the feudal eras - such as the tengu-ninja association, the belief that ninja had magical powers, the possession of animals etc.

Good to hear that there will be stealth-specific attacks too. http://i303.photobucket.com/albums/nn132/KG89N/sm_n.gif