Post your finds here starting with..

Source: Kotaku
Date: Jan 19
Link: http://kotaku.com/5134184/battlestations-pacific-blows-up-my-mind

It3llig3nc3
19th Jan 2009, 15:27
WOW.
What an article. Surprising.
1. This is the first time I see disclosed all the multiplayer game modes.
2. The "tone" of the article is that this is a very complicated game

Is it the best way to first "showcase" new information EIDOS?

But at least it looks like the multiplayer modes are disclosed so I can start writing about them as well? :D :D :D

chip5541
19th Jan 2009, 15:38
Shoots his own ships, stalls into the ocean, rams his own ships :lmao: :lmao:

I want him on my team :lmao:

Yamamoto666
19th Jan 2009, 16:03
April 29? is that the final answer?

chip5541
19th Jan 2009, 16:21
Ask Here: http://web.ics.purdue.edu/~ssanty/cgi-bin/eightball.cgi

Waffen
19th Jan 2009, 16:30
April 29? is that the final answer?

If you people check the realse date discussion you will noticed i put that in there!!!! PLZ CHECK THE REALSE DATE DISCUSIION! But wow. Great article And after reading the 1st paragraph it seems like im going to have to do the BC. darn lol

Yamamoto666
19th Jan 2009, 17:10
waffen, ur talking? wow, i saw april 29 everywhere...your the one creating threads that already have been created...

It3llig3nc3
19th Jan 2009, 17:31
You guys talking about the release date speculation which does not really matters until EIDOS makes a statement.

BUT

Is it only me, but some other people found it new to have some words about the multiplayer modes for example?????????
Why not talk about something that is really interesting?

USS_Hoel
19th Jan 2009, 19:36
shoho!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

yayyy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :)

ohh yeah i see a kingfisher (the plane)

Waffen
19th Jan 2009, 19:41
waffen, ur talking? wow, i saw april 29 everywhere...your the one creating threads that already have been created...

if you saw april 29 every where why didnt you say so? I checked the release date discussion you never said april 29 at any time. And what does the threads i made have to do with the fact is comming out april 29?

Arrow
19th Jan 2009, 20:15
It seems pretty neat, but I won't make any judgements until I've actually played it. >.>

Shamrock
19th Jan 2009, 20:35
Man that a pretty damaging preview to the game. A lot of people will read that. I thought the devs learned their lesson with the BSM about throwing new players into the game with no training.

At the very least he should of had someone from Edios sitting next to him explaining how to play. Chances are though he had a PR person around him who never played the game and couldn't help him or left him in a room by himself.

I've probably have gotten a dozen friends to buy and love BSM. The way I did it was having the play the demo online against only me, while I explained to them how to play in voice chat. I'd have them control unit by unit and have them attack me while I explained how to give orders, damage control, etc. When they learn to play they love the game.

The dev's need to find a way to teach/train people how to play the game first before they play missions.

Polarshark
19th Jan 2009, 21:01
yes

the game is near every time

graphics loook SUPERB

nice job chip

wow 5 multiplayer modes with 8 map apiece

sounds like a good 40 multiplayer MAPS
EXCELLENT

Waffen
19th Jan 2009, 22:41
It seems pretty neat, but I won't make any judgements until I've actually played it. >.>

:eek: HOW CAN YOU SAY DAT!! IM ALREADY GIVIN IT A 10!! out of 10 JUST BECAUSE I CAN LAND TROOPS AND PLAY AS THE JAPENES!!!!

Ryback14
20th Jan 2009, 09:07
Post your finds here starting with..

Source: Kotaku
Date: Jan 19
Link: http://kotaku.com/5134184/battlestations-pacific-blows-up-my-mind

easily one of the most ignorant selfish things i've ever read. HOW CAN YOU NOT TELL THE DIFF BETWEEN AN AMERICAN SHIP AND A JAPANESE SHIP? not to mention the RELUCTANCY to learn a game. this a ten year old? GOD I CANT WAIT FOR THIS GAME IT LOOKS AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

watty14
20th Jan 2009, 11:37
that would have to be the stupidist thing i have read in ages., this kid( coz he probably is 6-7) is complaning bout controls and which boats were his and all that crap.,

seriously midway was great in its time and pacific is gonna be even better and i bet this stupid review is prob gonna put alot of people off this game IMO:(

Polarshark
24th Jan 2009, 05:29
that would have to be the stupidist thing i have read in ages., this kid( coz he probably is 6-7) is complaning bout controls and which boats were his and all that crap.,

seriously midway was great in its time and pacific is gonna be even better and i bet this stupid review is prob gonna put alot of people off this game IMO:(

you should know everyone has their favorite genres

this guy probably plays gears of war or call of duty

same like me i like BSP but i hate counterstrike, and all those timewasting FPS games, not far cry 2 or the good ones though

Yamamoto666
26th Jan 2009, 04:27
you should know everyone has their favorite genres

this guy probably plays gears of war or call of duty

same like me i like BSP but i hate counterstrike, and all those timewasting FPS games, not far cry 2 or the good ones though

i play COD, lol, i like it...as for the writer of this preview...um...i recently showed an 8 yearold BSM...yea...maybe he decided to write a review on pacific...um so yea...noobs on games cannot review...they dnt know what they r tlking abt

VTROOPER
31st Jan 2009, 22:02
i heard April 29th and to me that seems fesable because thats 1 day before the end of Q1

Yamamoto666
8th Feb 2009, 19:15
Q1 ends in may??

Polarshark
9th Feb 2009, 00:50
Q1 ends in may??

things in life can be weird

Yamamoto666
12th Feb 2009, 04:04
agreed...