PDA

View Full Version : Game Ideas

t-raider26
18th Jan 2009, 17:12
Hey Guys (and Girls), I was just thinking the other day and I just thought it would be cool if they they made a tomb raider that looked like how the old Lara looked in FMVs Example:http://www.tombraiderchronicles.com/artwork/legacy_14.html
I dont think they should now but like around the time of AOD would have been very cool. But even if they did do it now but like a more detailed version I would still buy it.
Agree Disagree???

CatexW
18th Jan 2009, 18:22
I don't really understand what you mean.

What I think they should do in the next game is...

- let us lock Winston in the fridge again!
- open new areas of the manor (once it's repaired...) such as outside assault course and a kitchen for Winston ;)
- possibly quad bike or something?
- keep up with the graphics
- make the game harder - harder puzzles, more enemies (even with hardest difficulty on Underworld I only died a few times!)
- for goodness sake, make the game longer. I know that the graphics use up a lot of space/memory but still...
- make it scarier, bringing back the old tomb raider feel when your blood vessels were full of adrenaline and you was too scared to go into the next room
- new story. I think it'll be hard to make one up since the story with her mother has lasted 3 games and she's been to almost everywhere on the globe. Suprise us!
- bring boss levels back!
- To CD - I heard the talks of "reinventing" Lara. Core Design did this with AOD and look what happened. If you must do so then please please please don't change her too much. Keep the boots, 2 hand pistols, belt etc
- Keep Keeley Hawes!

To Eidos and CD/Ubisoft - when fans make suggestions please take them into account. Not to sound rude but we buy the game and we know what we like :D I remember fans making suggestions for Underworld after Legend was released. Maybe they should do a big big poll or something? Just a thought...

t-raider26
18th Jan 2009, 19:13
What I mean is, you know how in TR 1-5 the actual gameplay looked nothing like the FMVs? Well I mean it would be cool if one of the games looked the same as the FMVs Lara looks the same as she did in the FMVs and the environments look the same, all during actual gameplay.

rg_001100
18th Jan 2009, 19:26
What I mean is, you know how in TR 1-5 the actual gameplay looked nothing like the FMVs? Well I mean it would be cool if one of the games looked the same as the FMVs Lara looks the same as she did in the FMVs and the environments look the same, all during actual gameplay.

They go for this now, but not having FMVs and using realtime rendering for cutscenes rather than pre-rendered FMVs.

gizmo
18th Jan 2009, 19:49

I know what you mean.
I was hoping that they would add that as a cosyume in anniversary.
The origional Lara model rocked :D
But if they made a game with that Lara she would look a little too cartoony but it would still be cool:D

midna1
19th Jan 2009, 10:42
CD can recycle a lot of the assets from Underworld so next game they should concentrate on:

1. fully customisable costumes like NXE avatars
2. Venice playground level with jetski battles and grapple gun takedowns/ balletic remounts on the jetski :cool:
3. Underwater level with fire/ burning petrol on the water surface