PDA

View Full Version : Eidos Being Taken Over

LORD BLACKFIRE
17th Jan 2009, 01:30
http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3172320

Vultures have been circling Eidos for a while now, with Warner Bros. already owning a 20 percent share in the company. Now word comes that Eidos has entered preliminary discussions for a takeover by an unknown suitor, and stocks have responded.
Gamesindustry.biz is reporting that Eidos stock jumped from 12 pence to 17 pence, a figure that represented a forty percent jump, before settling back down to 14.5 pence. In the meantime, Eidos wants everyone to remember that these are discussions really are just preliminary.

"Eidos emphasises that discussions are at a very early stage and that there can be no assurance that an offer will be forthcoming," the company said.

No word on who this mystery company might be, whether its Warner Bros. increasing its share or Square Enix making a move. We'll keep you up to date as we get more information.

This is still rumor (but the markets are reacting to it so people are betting money on it) but it tooks like Eidos may be bought out soon.

Don't know what this may mean for our game.

Don't think it CAN"T be canned or delayed.

Look what happened to Ghostbusters, World in Conflict, Brutal Legend, and a host of others when Vivendi was taken over by Activision/Biizzard last summer.

Ghostbusters was delayed from the Fall 2008 to Summer 2009, WiC was bought by Ubisoft who so far has buried it (probably out of fear of competing with Endwar), and Brutal Legend just got a publisher in the last couple of months.

Waffen
17th Jan 2009, 01:31
that would sooo suck after waiting all this time! i would gets mad if they do that. :mad2: :mad2: :mad2: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Polarshark
17th Jan 2009, 02:58
that would sooo suck after waiting all this time! i would gets mad if they do that. :mad2: :mad2: :mad2: :eek: :eek: :eek:

i've been waiting more than u:(

Waffen
17th Jan 2009, 03:40
ive been folowing the game since 07 but i never made a account on eidos.com i didnt know i had to make a account for all games.

chip5541
17th Jan 2009, 05:03
It won't be canned. New sugar daddy or not.

M0n3y
17th Jan 2009, 10:49
It won't be canned. New sugar daddy or not.

great :D

but even still, i would hate it when EIDOS would be taken over...