PDA

View Full Version : To All Tr:l And Tr:u Haters

DamianGraham
16th Jan 2009, 19:30
The funny thing whenever i read all of these negative comments about the two games (in the title of this post) the one I tend to see most would have to be "It just doesn't feel like a tomb raider" well it is! if y'all want to play a game that feels like a "Tomb Raider" pop in Tomb Raider 1-chronicles and get over it! once you've come back to reality take a good long look at TR:L and TR:U and compare, there is so much more things to do it's not straightforward and repetitive (though i'll admit some areas are) it is a revolutionary game that i LOVE! Legend and Underworld have to be my 2 favorite TR games... and people, you would hate a game because the main character was "too emotiolnal"?! come on! how would YOU feel if you were looking for your lost mother and found out she was dead all along?! because of people whining about her emotions, there was practically NONE in underworld!! :mad2: which did take away the effect that Lara Croft is a human being. c'mon she's not some bionic warrior... (she's not real either i understand that) but if you want a more "realistic" game quit whining about it and let the developmental process take it's course! and people complaining about the relese date for underworld taking too long, are probably the reason the game was rushed and buggy (though it wasn't for me)
THERE sorry but i had to say this rant...

Rexie
16th Jan 2009, 19:35
I respect your opinion. I do like TRA/TRL/ if you don't think about Tomb Raider when you play them, but it just doesin't reach the Lara Croft: Tomb Raider level. (The same goes for the movies)

It's an matter of taste really, some people prefer The Ring over Ringu, while I will always like the original Ringu better.

Dr.Willard
16th Jan 2009, 20:26
Precisely Rexie. If people hate Legend and Underworld then it's their opinion and as far as anyone is concerned, not much can change it.

DamianGraham
16th Jan 2009, 21:26
Well watch and you'll see when everyone has chips implanted into their brains that tells them what to think and say, theyll agree w/ me!!!! XD jk jk i'm not THAT crazy..... i think:lol:

Dr.Willard
16th Jan 2009, 22:05
looooool! Steady on tiger ;)

LC is Me
17th Jan 2009, 02:18
It's an matter of taste really, some people prefer The Ring over Ringu, while I will always like the original Ringu better.
[off-topic]Because American remakes of Japanese horror classics always suck. The Ring, Dark Water, and the Grudge are prime examples. Ju-on was better.[/off-topic]

As for people not liking Legend and Underworld, at this point, I just don't care anymore. If me accepting their opinion on TRL and TRU is enough to shut them up so I don't have to deal with the argument or repetitive comments and concerns, then hey.
:thumbsup:

But I do agree, if it doesn't feel like classic TR to you, then do the people who are tired of hearing you complain over it a favor, and go pop in TR2 or Revelations or something. Keep yourself entertained.
d:

tombraidergal
17th Jan 2009, 11:51
Legend and Underworld have to be my 2 favourite TR games...

same here, they're the best! well, legend is best. (Sorry, i changed favourite coz british put u's in stuff like colour and odour and humour)

PoLuna
17th Jan 2009, 13:07
The funny thing whenever i read all of these negative comments about the two games (in the title of this post) the one I tend to see most would have to be "It just doesn't feel like a tomb raider" well it is! if y'all want to play a game that feels like a "Tomb Raider" pop in Tomb Raider 1-chronicles and get over it! once you've come back to reality take a good long look at TR:L and TR:U and compare, there is so much more things to do it's not straightforward and repetitive (though i'll admit some areas are) it is a revolutionary game that i LOVE! Legend and Underworld have to be my 2 favorite TR games... and people, you would hate a game because the main character was "too emotiolnal"?! come on! how would YOU feel if you were looking for your lost mother and found out she was dead all along?! because of people whining about her emotions, there was practically NONE in underworld!! :mad2: which did take away the effect that Lara Croft is a human being. c'mon she's not some bionic warrior... (she's not real either i understand that) but if you want a more "realistic" game quit whining about it and let the developmental process take it's course! and people complaining about the relese date for underworld taking too long, are probably the reason the game was rushed and buggy (though it wasn't for me)
THERE sorry but i had to say this rant...

I understand your opinion.And this is good that Legend and Underworld do not look like another Tomb Raider games.But I think that in this games Lara become cruel.Its look like she dont care about another peaple.For exemple about accident in Peru with Amanda.When Lara met her in Kazahstan she sayed that it was a memorial.It look like she dont care about Amanda.Even if she was her friend.

josh1122
17th Jan 2009, 14:31
I understand your opinion.And this is good that Legend and Underworld do not look like another Tomb Raider games.But I think that in this games Lara become cruel.Its look like she dont care about another peaple.For exemple about accident in Peru with Amanda.When Lara met her in Kazahstan she sayed that it was a memorial.It look like she dont care about Amanda.Even if she was her friend.

Look at old Lara, if this Lara is ''cruel'' what does that make the old Lara, good lord :eek:

lol :lol:

Dr.Willard
17th Jan 2009, 16:25
The old Lara is a sadistic maniac.

LC is Me
17th Jan 2009, 18:33
The old Lara is a sadistic maniac.

:lol:

rg_001100
17th Jan 2009, 18:48
TR:L and TR:U are good/bad depending on what view you look at them from. Even so, those who are possibly more "purist" in their views of TR, I would still prefer that they give constructive criticism rather than just bashing the game, or going off to play TR1-4 ignorant of modern TR. Constructive criticism being reasons why they didn't like it, possible suggestions of what they should do to make it better or to replace it, rather than just outright bashing of the game.

GeorgeMaciver
17th Jan 2009, 19:48
I'll never be able to replay any of the original TR 1-4 games ever again after Underworld. I just want to be with Underworld from now on and whatever comes next http://www.skribblerz.net/forums/style_emoticons/default/admire.png

_Tomb_Raider_
17th Jan 2009, 20:01
I think that both Underworld and Legend were really good and finally somethink fresh to TR sires....but then ageen I can't get over that I will never now what whod really happend in AOD2ยจ!!

rg_001100
17th Jan 2009, 20:01
TR1-4 and (TR:L, TR:A, &) TR:U are both charming in two different ways. I like them both.

gizmo
17th Jan 2009, 21:14
I loved all tomb raider games no matter how glitchy they turned out ( AOD and TRU):lol:

Samara
17th Jan 2009, 21:47

I'll tell you a secret: I live in a well...;)

milens
17th Jan 2009, 22:15
Tomb Raider is not perfect but is bether then other games i've played. I like TR:L AND TR:U more then assesin creed, more then mass effect, more then devil may cry, more then uncharted and other "great" games. And TR now is not perfect because microsoft and XBOX360, all games come on DVD and 8 GB is just not enough for TR games, and because that is really hard to make TR longer with great graphic. Uncharted is shorter then TR:U and he takes 24 GB of blue ray disc, so i think Crystal Dynamics realy did good job with only 8 GB space:)

Jinnyskeans
18th Jan 2009, 13:50
Tomb Raider is not perfect but is bether then other games i've played. I like TR:L AND TR:U more then assesin creed, more then mass effect, more then devil may cry, more then uncharted and other "great" games. And TR now is not perfect because microsoft and XBOX360, all games come on DVD and 8 GB is just not enough for TR games, and because that is really hard to make TR longer with great graphic. Uncharted is shorter then TR:U and he takes 24 GB of blue ray disc, so i think Crystal Dynamics realy did good job with only 8 GB space:)

i dont think its got anything to do with disk size

PoLuna
23rd Jan 2009, 15:59
Look at old Lara, if this Lara is ''cruel'' what does that make the old Lara, good lord :eek:

lol :lol:

Well,you right.On the other hand in old Tomb Raider serias Lara dont better. OLd and new Tomb Raider have advantages and disadvantages. But I dont mean that Lara bed in Underwold.I just mean that sometimes she should to think about other people.

jayjay119
23rd Jan 2009, 16:09
TR:L and TR:U are good/bad depending on what view you look at them from. Even so, those who are possibly more "purist" in their views of TR, I would still prefer that they give constructive criticism rather than just bashing the game, or going off to play TR1-4 ignorant of modern TR. Constructive criticism being reasons why they didn't like it, possible suggestions of what they should do to make it better or to replace it, rather than just outright bashing of the game.

I agree. The problem with people is not that they don't like TRL or TRU sometimes. I really liked and enjoyed TRU, for me it broght back a feeling from the classic games that has been needed in TRL and TRA. I liked Legend. It was a good game but if you look at it from the angle of being a Tomb Raider game, then its not a good game. While there was some good innovation the game had stricken away most of what made Tomb Raider what it was.

The point is, a game has to move forward and innovate yes. But this needs to be done without changing what the series is completely which was done in legend. And sorry to break it to you guys but obviously a big chunk of fans and CD felt the same way because TRA and TRU were very different.

In the end everyone has an opinion, and like RG says people should offer up contructive critisism otherwise the devs would never knwo how to move forward. Despite what people may thing. Having the new games feel like the old ones is a necesity. They're what made TR big but whils meshing that style with contemporary gameplay. TRU did this quite well so its not just a question of go and play TR1-AOD and shut the hell up!