PDA

View Full Version : Will Adam Jensen have a killphrase?

PugPug
16th Jan 2009, 04:50
Or do you think he will be the reason they invented killphrases? :eek:

Jerion
16th Jan 2009, 05:13
Possibly. "Do your worst, Hexagon head!"

iWait
16th Jan 2009, 05:18
Possibly. "Do your worst, Hexagon head!"

No... I am NOT a machine. AAAAARRRGGGHHH *BOOM* :lmao:

3nails4you
16th Jan 2009, 05:23
"The smoking gun/tentacle-arm/spiderbot-hand"

It started out as smoking because of the cigarette, then I went to smoking gun cause it's cool, then I figured "Hey, he probably actually IS a gun, so let's throw in some other features."

I really got carried away...

Sabretooth1
16th Jan 2009, 07:04
That's a very good question. It should make a very interesting plot element, probably something like the villain knows your killphrase and therefore forces you into doing missions for him, which causes you to get into trouble.

Though on the contrary it would be pretty stupid to have your protagonist die just because you hear somebody say something. :D

Maybe it can be like they didn't have killphrases back during Jensen's day, but because of the hijinks caused by Jensen and other mechs, newer models started having killphrases so that they could be kept under control.

NK007
16th Jan 2009, 08:22
His killphrase would be "stop smoking".

Nathan2000
16th Jan 2009, 10:18
It started out as smoking because of the cigarette,

It's not a cigarette, it's a fuse!:eek:

rokstrombo
16th Jan 2009, 10:44
Maybe Adam can run away covering his ears shouting "LALALALALALA!" whenever someone brings up the topic of his killphrase :p

Radius86
16th Jan 2009, 14:45
Maybe Adam can run away covering his ears shouting "LALALALALALA!" whenever someone brings up the topic of his killphrase :p

Hey, maybe THAT could be an aug. :nut:

Spiffmeister
16th Jan 2009, 15:19
Umm... Sounds... Dumb? So a random NPC walks up to and says "surprise your dead!" and you blow up?

InGroove2
16th Jan 2009, 15:28
[QUOTE=Sabretooth;930514]That's a very good question. It should make a very interesting plot element, probably something like the villain knows your killphrase and therefore forces you into doing missions for him, which causes you to get into trouble.

Though on the contrary it would be pretty stupid to have your protagonist die just because you hear somebody say something. :D
QUOTE]

it might be stupid... but there's a good idea in there somewhere using the killphrase element...

maybe that jensen could use the phrase of another mech to make HIM do things for him... infiltrate a room of enemies.. whatever.

slightly OT, but i'd like to see jensen mobilize citizens... pay them or talk them into DOING things beside just information. maybe if he can talk enough people into fighting in the streets to create a diversion...

spitballin, again.

PugPug
16th Jan 2009, 17:32
Maybe it can be like they didn't have killphrases back during Jensen's day, but because of the hijinks caused by Jensen and other mechs, newer models started having killphrases so that they could be kept under control.

That's kind of what I was getting at in my first post, yeah.

K^2
16th Jan 2009, 18:02
It's not something built in via augmentation, but for some reason phrase "Universal Ammo" sends Adam into deep catatonic state.

jordan_a
17th Jan 2009, 00:19
Or do you think he will be the reason they invented killphrases?Hey great idea! (seriously).

KaiTenSatsuma
17th Jan 2009, 03:14
Hey does anyone remember the original Shadow Run? for the SNES?

If Adam has a kill phrase I forsee something like THAT happening.

Larington
18th Jan 2009, 14:58
I had imagined a scene at some point where a character your talking to is about half-way through your killphrase when you zap him with a tazer charge.

AaronJ
18th Jan 2009, 18:41
WARNING

WARNING

Impending Continuity Error(s)

WARNING

WARNING

imported_van_HellSing
18th Jan 2009, 19:06
While I do like the idea of the killphrase, the ones in DX were just ridiculous, as they could actually sprout up during casual conversation irl. The killphrase should either be something surreal and nonsensical, or a safe-password-like combination of random letters and numbers. I know the killphrases in DX were supposed to be clever references etc, so maybe a combination of these ideas, with killphrases consisting of two segments, the first being meaningful, and the second more random?

"laputan machine 57b"

Necros
19th Jan 2009, 02:02
WARNING

WARNING

WARNING

WARNING
What the hell is your problem now? :rolleyes:

gamer0004
19th Jan 2009, 18:32
WARNING

WARNING

WARNING

WARNING

I think you should rephrase your warning. Eidos Montreal has clearly shown they have no idea what a word like "continuity" means. I mean, Gears of War didn't use that word, so like, how should they know it?

Nathan2000
19th Jan 2009, 19:35
I think you should rephrase your warning. Eidos Montreal has clearly shown they have no idea what a word like "continuity" means. I mean, Gears of War didn't use that word, so like, how should they know it?

It was a really tough day today, wasn't it?

Behindyounow
19th Jan 2009, 19:38
While I do like the idea of the killphrase, the ones in DX were just ridiculous, as they could actually sprout up during casual conversation irl. The killphrase should either be something surreal and nonsensical, or a safe-password-like combination of random letters and numbers. I know the killphrases in DX were supposed to be clever references etc, so maybe a combination of these ideas, with killphrases consisting of two segments, the first being meaningful, and the second more random?

"laputan machine 57b"

Do you seriously expect the likes of "Laputan machine" and "Flatlander Woman" to pop up in casual conversation?

"So yeah, it was such a Laputan machine!"

imported_van_HellSing
20th Jan 2009, 13:08
Well, yes. The possibility is low, but it's there.

Imagine Gunther walking into a bunch of anime fans talking about Miyazaki films - specifically Laputa, Castle in the Sky. Oh dear.

"Flatlander woman?" "Flat lander" has three definitions at urbandictionary.com, the most popular is this one:

1. flat lander

thats what people in wisconsin call people from illinois

i wish these *** flatlanders would go back to their own state

So there you have it, replace "these *** flatlanders" with "that flatlander woman", and poof, Anna explodes at a bar in Wisconsin.

gamer0004
20th Jan 2009, 16:02
It was a really tough day today, wasn't it?

The only people who think their life is hard are ******* goths and emos. Stop insulting me.

AaronJ
20th Jan 2009, 20:26
The only people who think their life is hard are ******* goths and emos. Stop insulting me.

They have to, you're not 100% pro-DX3.

What the hell is your problem now? :rolleyes:

I'm not 100% pro-DX3.

Necros
21st Jan 2009, 16:42
I'm not 100% pro-DX3.
You think I am? :hmm: I'm just not whining and crying like some people are. And I'm a bit more patient, I'll judge the game when I know enough about it.

PugPug
22nd Jan 2009, 20:12
WARNING

WARNING

WARNING

WARNING

No seriously, what are you talking about?