PDA

View Full Version : Skull-Gun

cjc813
12th Jan 2009, 20:08
If there's not a skull gun in this game I'm gonna be pissed...

I sat through Invisible War for that crap.

AaronJ
12th Jan 2009, 20:28
Maybe that will be one of the "boss fights". A guy with a skull gun that you have to use EMP attacks on.

GmanPro
12th Jan 2009, 20:54
Maybe they will just allude to an abandoned millitary project codenamed "skull-gun" in a data cube :rasp:

Radius86
12th Jan 2009, 21:05
http://img178.imageshack.us/img178/4312/250pxdoriantyrell1za8.th.jpg (http://img178.imageshack.us/my.php?image=250pxdoriantyrell1za8.jpg)

I believe this gentleman had a skull gun. Quite an effective one too.

AaronJ
12th Jan 2009, 21:54
Maybe they will just allude to an abandoned millitary project codenamed "skull-gun" in a data cube :rasp:

That's a continuity error waiting to happen. It's clear that Gunther, Navarre, and Manderley are aware of an existing Skull-Gun. It's also clear that a Skull-Gun is actually shipped to UNATCO, but returned as Gunther is no longer an agent when it arrives.

GmanPro
12th Jan 2009, 22:51
Oh lol, your post reminded me of this video. (http://www.milkandcookies.com/link/77842/detail/)

Sabretooth1
13th Jan 2009, 04:28
I think 2027 is a little too early for a skull gun. :p Either that, or Gunther was really into vintage weaponry.

K^2
13th Jan 2009, 04:48
I want a big gun that fires skulls as a easter egg.

cjc813
13th Jan 2009, 04:54
I think 2027 is a little too early for a skull gun. :p Either that, or Gunther was really into vintage weaponry.

Since when does around 25-years make anything other than clothing 'vintage' (read, obsolete).

Sorry, but that's just dumb.

First of all, if an effective weapon is created then in 25(ish) years we're going to see newer models and upgrades, not obsoletion.

AJ and Gunter don't have to be talking about the same iteration of the weapon. Just the same weapon.

rokstrombo
13th Jan 2009, 05:49
I'm pretty sure it was a 'skul-gun' :P

PugPug
16th Jan 2009, 04:47
I felt a little sad for Gunther when I found out they'd finally ordered one for him.

Radius86
16th Jan 2009, 09:17
I felt pretty sad I didn't get to see it!

Tstorm
22nd Jan 2009, 21:37
:thumbsup: How about the skul-gun is actually a really large version of the gep gun that shoots lethal amounts of zyme that causes the oponents to zwonk out so you could be em up? :lol: :poke:

luminar
22nd Jan 2009, 21:52
the skul- should be an aug not an actual weapon because the reason gunther wanted it was so he didnt need to draw his weapon, (having it as a weapon would mean you would have to equip it thus defeating the original purpose of having it.) he could kill with thought before he took two in the augs and one in flesh. (i think thats relativly close to the actual quotes.) and also logicaly its a SKULL-gun so therefore it would be installed as a mechanical aug.

Alex Jacobson
24th Jan 2009, 02:39
I think that the skul-gun should make an appearance as a theoretical augmentation in an in-game book or conversation about the possibilities of augmentation.

Castrol GTX
24th Jan 2009, 17:06
Since when does around 25-years make anything other than clothing 'vintage' (read, obsolete).

Sorry, but that's just dumb.

First of all, if an effective weapon is created then in 25(ish) years we're going to see newer models and upgrades, not obsoletion.

AJ and Gunter don't have to be talking about the same iteration of the weapon. Just the same weapon.

I think you just broke the new ******* law.

itsalladream
9th Feb 2009, 05:59
I felt a little sad for Gunther when I found out they'd finally ordered one for him.

I felt a little sad for Gunther when I realized he was a freakin' brain-dead retard who couldn't spell.

Behindyounow
9th Feb 2009, 16:42
Well he was foreign. Maybe under a load of stress too with the vending machine acting up.

itsalladream
10th Feb 2009, 00:49
Acting up my ass. They were ****ing around with that moron. Besides, we all know by the time that year rolls around the whole world will be speaking english.

They probably drew an arrow between the two buttons so anyone with half a brain could figure it out (thus excluding him).

The sad thing is, from what I understand, that happened to him everyday, but he wasn't bright enough to try the, what was it, grape, button.

jamhaw
11th Feb 2009, 15:55
. Besides, we all know by the time that year rolls around the whole world will be speaking english.

Then how come in Hong Kong a city under British control for more than a century not everyone speaks English? One can expect in other cities the where the British have never ruled relativiley few people would know English especially as the importance of English speaking nations declines.

GmanPro
11th Feb 2009, 18:02
Its still the most widely spoken language in the world, being the language of trade and commerce. I expect that more people will be speaking English by 2027 than less.

As far as Gunther and skul gunz, he was a nice touch to the list of characters in DX1 and hopefully there will be someone similar in DX3.