PDA

View Full Version : What fictional or real mystical artefacts do you want Lara to pursue in future games?

GBaxter
12th Jan 2009, 01:29
What serious or humorous fictional (by fictional I mean it can be ones from
other video games you admire) or real mystical artefacts do you want Lara
to pursue in future TR games and please say why, for anything named.

GoLarago
12th Jan 2009, 01:37
How about the crystal sarcophagus and body of Alexander the Great or The tomb of the First Emperor of China.

Professor Black
12th Jan 2009, 08:05
Lance of Longinus
Tezcatlipoca's Smoking Mirror
or even Orichalcum imbued with Atlantean Energy...ohhhhh:worship:

poplk
14th Jan 2009, 23:07
the grim weapers sythe i would like to see lara with a sythe

GoLarago
15th Jan 2009, 04:24
the grim weapers sythe i would like to see lara with a sythe

Maybe she could use it to finally get rid of Natla if the ***** still ain't dead. God I hope she is.

New story pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!

altarserver
15th Jan 2009, 05:21
What serious or humorous fictional (by fictional I mean it can be ones from
other video games you admire) or real mystical artefacts do you want Lara
to pursue in future TR games and please say why, for anything named.

I would like the spear of destiny I think that what it's called ya'll know the spear the pierced Jesus side or like Indiana Jones moives the ark of the convent or the crystal skulls
don't know how the story would go but I think it be neat.

Natla
15th Jan 2009, 10:06
Maybe she could use it to finally get rid of Natla if the ***** still ain't dead. God I hope she is.

New story pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!

I hope you mean the in-game Natla.

The Spear of Longinus or Spear of Destiny was broken into at least 2 pieces, maybe more. (If I understand Wikipedia correctly.) I wonder what might happen if Her Ladyship reunited the pieces? (Although wasn't the Spear in Chronicles?)

altarserver
15th Jan 2009, 18:56
The Spear of Longinus or Spear of Destiny was broken into at least 2 pieces, maybe more. (If I understand Wikipedia correctly.) I wonder what might happen if Her Ladyship reunited the pieces? (Although wasn't the Spear in Chronicles?)[/QUOTE]

Yeah sorry didn't know, you're right I looked it up on one of the walkthrough sites, didn't get to play that one. I didn't have the right console for it. Should of done my homework on the tomb raider series.

jayjay119
15th Jan 2009, 22:20
I'd quite liek Lara to look for something that isn't what it seems. Something well rooted in history but does something different than documented that could open up another story.

Maybe something like the Holy Grail. We first heard Lara speak of it and its link to the Authorian myth of Excalibur. She could go in search of it thinking that if there was truth behind Excalibur then maybe there is truth there also. Plus i think the Holy grail is probably the most infamous artifact that has been searched for.

John Carter
15th Jan 2009, 22:53
I hope you mean the in-game Natla.

The Spear of Longinus or Spear of Destiny was broken into at least 2 pieces, maybe more. (If I understand Wikipedia correctly.) I wonder what might happen if Her Ladyship reunited the pieces? (Although wasn't the Spear in Chronicles?)

So it was, in the Nazi sub. Several "spears of destiny" floating about, one in the Vatican, one in Armenia, and the best-known one in the Hofburg palace/museum in Vienna. That is the one Hitler laid hands on.

LC is Me
15th Jan 2009, 23:31
I wouldn't mind searching for the scythe of the ol' Reaper.

Lara should totally search for extraterrestrials.
=D

rg_001100
16th Jan 2009, 00:00
...Maybe something like the Holy Grail. We first heard Lara speak of it and its link to the Authorian myth of Excalibur. She could go in search of it thinking that if there was truth behind Excalibur then maybe there is truth there also. Plus i think the Holy grail is probably the most infamous artifact that has been searched for.

Holy Grail seems to be Indy territory, to me...
I don't quite see "Holy Grail" working. TR:L had an interesting take on the sword in the stone/excalibur concept, and TR:U had a good approach to the Norse mythology... I'm not sure if the same could be done for the Holy Grail.
From wikipedia:
"According to Christian mythology, the Holy Grail was the dish, plate, or cup used by Jesus at the Last Supper, said to possess miraculous powers."
Seems that the story would need to touch upon religion at some point, and I don't think most developers/publishers are quite so keen on doing that.

jayjay119
16th Jan 2009, 00:05
Holy Grail seems to be Indy territory, to me...
I don't quite see "Holy Grail" working. TR:L had an interesting take on the sword in the stone/excalibur concept, and TR:U had a good approach to the Norse mythology... I'm not sure if the same could be done for the Holy Grail.
From wikipedia:
"According to Christian mythology, the Holy Grail was the dish, plate, or cup used by Jesus at the Last Supper, said to possess miraculous powers."
Seems that the story would need to touch upon religion at some point, and I don't think most developers/publishers are quite so keen on doing that.

No i suppose not, Religion is still a hot topic after all. Well a lot of people seem to be fond of the spear of destiny idea. I know it was done in Chronicles but like said above that was but one part of the bigger piece. Plus the chrnicals section was rather short they could recreate it it among other newer sections to show Lara looking for the whole thing. Although that does really resemble Legend a little too much for my liking.

MissJess
16th Jan 2009, 03:31
I wouldn't mind searching for the scythe of the ol' Reaper.

Lara should totally search for extraterrestrials.
=D
oo good idea, Lara should go in search of an artifact and find out it's extraterrestrial related :eek: Although that is too much the the new Indy movie I suppose.

jayjay119
16th Jan 2009, 04:47
Why doesn't Lara go in search of Eidos' common sense? I'm sure that'd be an artifact quite hard to find!

italibabee
16th Jan 2009, 06:22
Why doesn't Lara go in search of Eidos' common sense? I'm sure that'd be an artifact quite hard to find!
:lol:

digifan
16th Jan 2009, 06:26

That's not a goal - That's mission impossible. :eek:

I think the next TR game should focus on the ancient myths surrounding the Greek gods and the legendary powerful relics they were told to processed. Can you picture Lara searching for the truth behind the Twelve Challenges of Hercules? Or maybe climb the steps of Mount Olympus itself? Now that's an interesting idea for new TR games, don't you think?

jayjay119
16th Jan 2009, 06:36
That's not a goal - That's mission impossible. :eek:

I think the next TR game should focus on the ancient myths surrounding the Greek gods and the legendary powerful relics they were told to processed. Can you picture Lara searching for the truth behind the Twelve Challenges of Hercules? Or maybe climb the steps of Mount Olympus itself? Now that's an interesting idea for new TR games, don't you think?

I do think that is a really interesting idea, and considering how nice Greece was to play through in TRA i wouldn't mind a revisit, but I think that shoudl come a few games down the line with TRU having the whole Thor storyline...if they did the greek god thing straight away it'd be like Godapalooza lol

Jinnyskeans
18th Jan 2009, 14:02
i think the crystal skulls is a really really good one

for the time they are dated to have been made it would have been impossible to make them
mystery for it all ready, plus theres like 9 or 12 of them means cd has to atl east do +1 on there normal amount of levels

gizmo
18th Jan 2009, 14:36
I want Lara to go after fictional artifacts in fictional tombs like from TR1-3
Those were some of the best adventures yet :D

heller4u
18th Jan 2009, 17:58
Ummmmmm....... I don't really care. Excalibur was what I really wanted in the games...... :worship:

Fairdee
19th Jan 2009, 00:32
I would like to suggest Lara Croft.. to begin her new adventure to pursue and search the Holy Grail, The Noa's Ark, and The Tomb of First Great Emperor of China.. with Chinese traditional Mythology n Trap. I am playing Indiana Jones and The Emperor's Tomb, and for me It's a great game with so many levels to complete and a very Interesting story line n plot, and setting, yet the graphics of its is worst than Tomb Raider Legend Graphics... So..Eidos n CD.. Which one do u prefer to do for realization? :) ;) :D

Professor Black
19th Jan 2009, 07:35
i think the crystal skulls is a really really good one

for the time they are dated to have been made it would have been impossible to make them
mystery for it all ready, plus theres like 9 or 12 of them means cd has to atl east do +1 on there normal amount of levels

If she does go after them for everything that is holy I hope they don't have space men behind it. I about cried when I saw aliens in IJ4.:mad2:

altarserver
19th Jan 2009, 21:42
If she does go after them for everything that is holy I hope they don't have space men behind it. I about cried when I saw aliens in IJ4.:mad2:

I thought they were "Interdemensional beings" that they were called by Professor Henry Oxley. O'well what do I know Interdemensional beings - aliens - space men :rasp:

jayjay119
19th Jan 2009, 23:08

I know, I haven't seen the movie but that just put me off. It seemed a bit of a sell out. The worlds or archeology and alien don;t mesh in my mind. Although we have had a level with alien themes in TR before and that wasn't so bad.

rg_001100
19th Jan 2009, 23:34
I about cried when I saw aliens in IJ4.:mad2:

Although I've seen that movie, (and general consensus on it is that it was disappointing with the aliens), it took me a sadly large amount if time to figure out what 'IJ4' was. :nut:
Stargate (SG-1) has archeology and aliens... not really the old-skool style of TR and IJ, though. More focused on the aliens than the egyptian stuff.

Professor Black
21st Jan 2009, 07:07
I know, I haven't seen the movie but that just put me off. It seemed a bit of a sell out. The worlds or archeology and alien don;t mesh in my mind. Although we have had a level with alien themes in TR before and that wasn't so bad.

Although I've seen that movie, (and general consensus on it is that it was disappointing with the aliens), it took me a sadly large amount if time to figure out what 'IJ4' was.
Stargate (SG-1) has archeology and aliens... not really the old-skool style of TR and IJ, though. More focused on the aliens than the egyptian stuff.

There are certain instances that archeology and ETs go well together, such as Stargate. But for me atleast Indy and Lara just don't mesh with aliens. I can't quite explain why I don't like the concept but it really seams ridiculous to even consider. Sorry if some people out there feel otherwise.

HotwingCindy
25th Jan 2009, 22:14
Hotpocket!