PDA

View Full Version : Gudalcanal?

Waffen
11th Jan 2009, 23:14
will gudalacanl be playable for etheir side?

W4lt3r89
12th Jan 2009, 12:18
Decoder: Will Guadalcanal be playable for either side.

I do not think the developers have released any information regarding the campaign maps, since it was mostly landing operation for the US in mid part of the war... And if the Japanese had won the Midway, this battle doesn't even take place, so my hypothesis is that the map will be dropped from the campaign.

But then in American Campaign, might be possible, since the IJN Task force 8 (4 heavy cruisers, 8 destroyers) came to the area in search of the supply convoy for the American landing force, so maybe a mission where the player has to protect the landing/supply vessels from the IJN warships.

So there's slight chance that it is in.

Waffen
12th Jan 2009, 21:18

I do not think the developers have released any information regarding the campaign maps, since it was mostly landing operation for the US in mid part of the war... And if the Japanese had won the Midway, this battle doesn't even take place, so my hypothesis is that the map will be dropped from the campaign.

But then in American Campaign, might be possible, since the IJN Task force 8 (4 heavy cruisers, 8 destroyers) came to the area in search of the supply convoy for the American landing force, so maybe a mission where the player has to protect the landing/supply vessels from the IJN warships.

So there's slight chance that it is in. right because i didnt want to play it as IJN because i know it wouldnt of happened. But i do hope so. :nut:

M0n3y
12th Jan 2009, 21:25

Decoding is my job!!:(

on Guadalcanal, it could be nice to support the landing troops with naval bombardement and/or planes to bomb it
maybe we get to bomb Iwo Jima:nut:

Waffen
12th Jan 2009, 21:38
Decoding is my job!!:(

on Guadalcanal, it could be nice to support the landing troops with naval bombardement and/or planes to bomb it

yea dat be cool the seige of iwo like having to land your troops dat be cool. I hope i coulds use a BB in dat misson or being able to play D-Day like giving your men fire support or being the houston and giving the rangers support at that cliff i forgot the name.

Polarshark
12th Jan 2009, 21:42
yea dat be cool the seige of iwo like having to land your troops dat be cool. I hope i coulds use a BB in dat misson or being able to play D-Day like giving your men fire support or being the houston and giving the rangers support at that cliff i forgot the name.

is it called point du hoc?

SuperE
12th Jan 2009, 23:02
I remember seeing something in an article that mentioned Guadalcanal

Waffen
13th Jan 2009, 00:53
is it called point du hoc?

YES! thank you i supporting the rangers at point du hoc. That would be cool. But still i much rather support troops at gudalcanal.

Red October
16th Jan 2009, 23:59
YES! thank you i supporting the rangers at point du hoc. That would be cool. But still i much rather support troops at gudalcanal.

At point du hoc there was just destroyers, and cruisers, and i think some old BB, I would wont gudacanal because i think the Iowa was there :D

W4lt3r89
17th Jan 2009, 22:10
At point du hoc there was just destroyers, and cruisers, and i think some old BB, I would wont gudacanal because i think the Iowa was there :D

The USS New York was there, and i think one of her sister ships as well, but i do not recall then 2nd one.
But yeah, when this topic slid from Guadalcanal to point du hoc...:scratch:

USS_Hoel
17th Jan 2009, 22:34
i hope guadalcanal is playable cuz some of my fav sea battles took place around there

i have a game called heroes of the pacific were u get to do that
and that other BB was the USS Texas

Waffen
17th Jan 2009, 22:59
yea huge battle(s) took place there. Acuatly to this day it is still refered ( the coast around it ) to iron reef or somethin to this day.