PDA

View Full Version : Logitech Rumblepad 2 + Lego Star Wars (Mac)?

mosk22rte
8th Jan 2009, 17:56
Logitech Rumblepad 2 + Lego Star Wars (Mac)? Recently purchased Lego Star Wars for our son, and a pair of Logitech Rumblepad 2 game controllers for use on our Intel iMac (10.5.6), so that one of us can play with him. No problem using one controller, but for the life of me I can't get the game to recognize the second controller.

I applied the latest Lego Star Wars Mac OS patch (1.0 A). I also installed the shareware app GamePad Companion (http://www.carvware.com/gamepadcompanion.html), which does recognize the second controller, so I know the computer is seeing it, but that's as far as I can get. I can't seem to get the game to recognize the second controller. The game's Controller Setup screen does not recognize the second controller.

I don't know how actively this forum is checked, but if someone/anyone is successfully using two Rumblepad 2 controllers with LSW on a Mac, I'd love to know how you got the second controller to work.

Thanks.

mosk22rte
9th Jan 2009, 00:48
Update/resolution from Aspyr support:

"Unfortunately this game doesn't officially support gamepads and one of the issues it has is that it doesn't recognize two of the same type of controller. If you had a Rumblepad 2 and then another of the controllers listed in the Read Me file, it would"

FWIW, the issue may be Mac-specific as at least one other user has reported successfully using two of the same controllers on a PC.