PDA

View Full Version : BEL mouse problems

ghoulred21
8th Jan 2009, 11:03
Hello ....I found my old copy of commandos BEL and thought "hey why don't i install it and live once again the good times "..it installs ok ...got in game menu but when moving the mouse it just crashes :(
Do you guys have any idea on how to fix this ?
I have windows xp home sp3 with latest updates
Thanks in advance :)

PS. Sorry for my english ...not my native language :)

Nzap
8th Jan 2009, 21:29
I don't think it's the xp that causes you the problems since I haven't any problems.. You tried reinstalling the game? (ouch, bad ideas sry :( )

ghoulred21
9th Jan 2009, 09:20
thanks for replying and yes i tried to reinstall a couple of times with typical install and full install ...still no success :(
if i use only keyboard to get in game ..it works but as soon as i move the mouse crash to desktop
it's a bit odd since BCD is working fine ...no mouse probs just with BEL

AndrewT
9th Jan 2009, 10:32
hi there!
it's a bit strange to hear this problem appearing again, since i had this one a decade ago... my ibm 486 just weren't enough to run commandos, and it happened the same, every time i moved the mouse, crashed to the desktop. i had a mouse with a ball, got the ball out and tried to do it with keyboard only, and clicking. frustrating :D
now the causes in your case must be different, however, i would try to set the compatibility mode to win98/me, or alternatively some firewalls could surprise the folks, so make sure you set the commandos.exe as safe, trusted whatever file.
i hope you can figure it out

ghoulred21
9th Jan 2009, 11:35
thank you for you advices AndrewT but i tried as you said and checked win95 and 98 compatibility tho no progress :(
as for firewall all i have is windows standard firewall no fancy stuff ...and it's not blocking in anyway the main exe or anything else :\ i've added it to exceptions list and still nothing :(

Mike_B
9th Jan 2009, 13:06
Have you updated your mouse drivers?

ghoulred21
9th Jan 2009, 13:17
well yes...i mean i use this mouse since i got it 1 year ago ...logitech mouse and i installed it with the install kit from the cd it came with .... not sure if there are any updates for it