PDA

View Full Version : Jap CV weak spot

Waffen
8th Jan 2009, 01:55
Ok i have the ship wallpaper and i was about to shut off my com when i looked at the carreir. That big gap at the front that holds up tip of the Flight Deck, and i was think Well if i go in with a well aimed rocket strike or kamkazie hit shouldnt that destroy or pretty much cripple it or atleast take down the flight deck?

Polarshark
8th Jan 2009, 02:01
Ok i have the ship wallpaper and i was about to shut off my com when i looked at the carreir. That big gap at the front that holds up tip of the Flight Deck, and i was think Well if i go in with a well aimed rocket strike or kamkazie hit shouldnt that destroy or pretty much cripple it or atleast take down the flight deck?

really?

i ahve that too

is it the one with akagi in the middle?

in real life it will happen
but for balance sake i dont' know

http://games.gamepressure.com/view_screen.asp?ID=110977

Waffen
8th Jan 2009, 02:03
really?

i ahve that too

is it the one with akagi in the middle?

in real life it will happen
but for balance sake i dont' know

http://games.gamepressure.com/view_screen.asp?ID=110977

yea that one. But i mean if i go in with a corsair and luanch like 1 or 2 rockets or kamakazie it the ship should be crippled it or destroy the flight deck right?

battleshipman
8th Jan 2009, 05:37
yea that one. But i mean if i go in with a corsair and luanch like 1 or 2 rockets or kamakazie it the ship should be crippled it or destroy the flight deck right?

I doubt it would in the game unless the damage was repairable.

Waffen
8th Jan 2009, 12:36
so your saying if i go in with a rocket strike and hit below on to the flight deck it would stay intact 0 damagae what so ever.

CaptHawkeye
8th Jan 2009, 15:45
If the devs wanted to cool with details, they could say that both sides carriers are more apt to explode catastrophically late war. Japan's carriers, due to lack of fuel, were frequently forced to use crude oil straight out of the Dutch Indies. The American carriers were frequently packed beyond safety limits with bombs, torpedoes, and general explosives due to the time they would operating away from friendly resupply.

battleshipman
8th Jan 2009, 18:02
so your saying if i go in with a rocket strike and hit below on to the flight deck it would stay intact 0 damagae what so ever.

:rolleyes: No, I'm saying that it wouldn't cripple the CV( if thats all it took who would want to play as a CV?), especially with rockets, A 2000# bomb, well maybe that should but I have a feeling that its not going to. Maybe this is one of those things that will be cleared up for us pre-release:nut: .

On the subject of rockets, remember this game takes place in WW2 and these are not missiles. They wouldn't do much to an armoured ship(they probably would do little more than scratch the paint on a CA).

Waffen
8th Jan 2009, 21:09
but i mean going in under the armor where the poles hold up the tip of the CV.

battleshipman
8th Jan 2009, 21:46
but i mean going in under the armor where the poles hold up the tip of the CV.

:rolleyes: Yes I know and I'm telling you that I seriously doubt they would put that into the game, if they did nobody would ever take that CV(or want to play any map its on). Also I think that would just make people ram bombers into the nose of it. Why waste resources to sink a cv if you can disable it with one plane?

Waffen
8th Jan 2009, 22:35
I once dropped a 1000lb bomb down the CV smoke stack and it went on as if nothin happen.

battleshipman
9th Jan 2009, 01:14
I once dropped a 1000lb bomb down the CV smoke stack and it went on as if nothin happen.

Thats probably whats going to happen if you hit it with rockets then, givin they are far less powerfull than a 1000# bomb.

Waffen
9th Jan 2009, 02:10
wait so the bombs will do more damage if i drop it down the smoke stack in BSP instead of BSM because i did dat in BSM i dropped the bomb and nothin happen.

battleshipman
9th Jan 2009, 21:12
wait so the bombs will do more damage if i drop it down the smoke stack in BSP instead of BSM because i did dat in BSM i dropped the bomb and nothin happen.

I give up

Waffen
9th Jan 2009, 21:26
:lol: :lol: :lol: