PDA

View Full Version : NEW BSP website

Mushashi
7th Jan 2009, 00:01
the website is OFFICIALLY HERE

ENJOY

Waffen
7th Jan 2009, 00:42
YEA IT IS SICK! kudos to you guys with the new site:) i love it and great job even giving us a new vid to enjoy! THANKS AGAIN!!! :D

watty14
7th Jan 2009, 01:59
silly question but where is it??whats the site again :o

battleshipman
7th Jan 2009, 02:08
right here http://www.battlestations.net/

SuperE
7th Jan 2009, 02:38
Keir now has a account on the new forum

Polarshark
7th Jan 2009, 03:03
can't register

Red October
7th Jan 2009, 03:42
can't register

Same here:confused:

Waffen
7th Jan 2009, 14:50
can't register

yea it toke me forever! at first i thought it was my forum one but it isnt. So then i made a account and toke like 5 minutes to load thenit sent me a email and there will be a link in there say " one time log in " but you can use it as many times as you want. Still Hi edios people :wave: great job on da site and vid! :D

M0n3y
10th Jan 2009, 09:50
i can't register too :(
i'm trying for 3 days, no succes :(

battleshipman
10th Jan 2009, 15:46
I couldn't register through the link on the side of the webpage. I had to click on a forum topic and register when it gave me the option to log in or register. I don't know if it will work that way for anyone else or not but couldn't hurt to post it.

Polarshark
10th Jan 2009, 16:48
i registered already

may take some time

gave me some connection errors

but checked mail and it worked

i pressed the create your account buttton below/near where you typed in your username and password

VTROOPER
10th Jan 2009, 17:31
can't register

me neather

Tex Vindictive
10th Jan 2009, 22:20
It asked for a name and an email address. Never asked for a password or sent me an email. ??? :mad2:

billyfromhill
10th Jan 2009, 22:36
Check your spam?

Polarshark
10th Jan 2009, 22:43
It asked for a name and an email address. Never asked for a password or sent me an email. ??? :mad2:

you get your password after you created yoru account

it's in your email

try registering at different times

might work might not

or do you guys want me to register for you
it's perfectly safe cause i only type in your email and username

Sandy
11th Jan 2009, 06:22
Couldn't register using Firefox 3.0.5 so used IE and it worked, but did take about three minutes before it took. They send you an email with your password, but like someone said, it ends up in your spam. Strange, but now that I'm registered I can post just fine using Firefox 3.0.5. :scratch:

USS_Hoel
11th Jan 2009, 14:30
i had that problem to, hit get new password cuz then it sends you a new password;)

Arrow
12th Jan 2009, 17:05
I have to say I'm a little impressed. A little, 'cause it's flashy. On the other hand I haven't learned anything new about the game or its features...or its requirements...or its release date.

chip5541
12th Jan 2009, 17:14
yeah but look at the shinny new pictures :D

mycoldman
12th Jan 2009, 17:30
I have to say I'm a little impressed. A little, 'cause it's flashy. On the other hand I haven't learned anything new about the game or its features...or its requirements...or its release date.

These are coming this week. At the moment my time has been a little consumed with fixing some of the issues on the site, but there's an update heading your way.

Yamamoto666
12th Jan 2009, 20:40
mycoldman, u said some stuff is coming this week, and the guy tht u responded to said something abt a release date, is there a release date for the release date? i look forward 2 all of it :D :D :D

Polarshark
12th Jan 2009, 21:01
what about system requirements

i'm desperate to know

mycoldman
13th Jan 2009, 09:38
mycoldman, u said some stuff is coming this week, and the guy tht u responded to said something abt a release date, is there a release date for the release date? i look forward 2 all of it :D :D :D

To clarify, an update will be coming this week, with all sorts of information contained within. If I have my way, the release date will be one of those things, however for the most part, the decision to release such information is beyond my control. I'm trying! :)

Yamamoto666
13th Jan 2009, 13:16
go to burger king, ul have ur way HAHAHA THANKS SO MUCH RELEASE DATE RELEASE IS POTENTALLY THIS WEEK :D

Yamamoto666
13th Jan 2009, 13:17
keep us informed mycoldman :D we wait

Yamamoto666
15th Jan 2009, 04:02
mycoldman when can we expect the next update for the new site? sometime this week?

SuperE
15th Jan 2009, 06:07
he said sometime next week

Yamamoto666
15th Jan 2009, 11:38
hmmmm

battleshipman
15th Jan 2009, 12:37
he said sometime next week

No he said This week

To clarify, an update will be coming this week, with all sorts of information contained within. If I have my way, the release date will be one of those things, however for the most part, the decision to release such information is beyond my control. I'm trying!

watty14
15th Jan 2009, 13:11
we can be certain the mycoldman is trying his hardest to find stuff out for us, you cant ask for more than that.

Arrow
15th Jan 2009, 18:38
These are coming a few months from now. At the moment my time has been a little consumed with fixing some of the issues on the site, but there's an update heading your way.

Fixed post. :nut: :hmm:

It3llig3nc3
19th Jan 2009, 17:34
Are the screenshots on the official site new?
I might have temporary memory loss but I can't remember seeing those SUBS fighting off on the surface, neither the jet planes flying around the ships...

M0n3y
19th Jan 2009, 20:51
i've just saw that the replys on the blogs can be translated into Dutch :D
did you do that for me?:D :D :D

battleshipman
23rd Jan 2009, 00:21
And now I cant even post on the new site, useless.

It3llig3nc3
23rd Jan 2009, 19:39
I can't post either.
It takes a long time to wait and then the page dies.
tried several times during the week and given up.

battleshipman
28th Jan 2009, 02:21
Can't even manage to get to the site now. Lets hope BS:P works better than its site does.

Polarshark
28th Jan 2009, 23:42
wow the website is screwed up

hopefully they fix it soon

barrybarfly
29th Jan 2009, 00:41
Seems to be back working again....

Polarshark
30th Jan 2009, 21:34
this forum is now officially dead

VTROOPER
31st Jan 2009, 22:04
this forum is now officially dead

can say that antill theres like 1 post a day even i still come here from time to time

Red October
1st Feb 2009, 16:57
I still can't join the new forum. :( So i am just gonna sit over hear in the dark. *sniff* (Starts singing "All by myself") :(

Polarshark
1st Feb 2009, 18:14
I still can't join the new forum. :( So i am just gonna sit over hear in the dark. *sniff* (Starts singing "All by myself") :(

it should be working red october

try new username

different emails

or different internet

battleshipman
2nd Feb 2009, 07:21

Trust me you aren't missing anything.

It3llig3nc3
2nd Feb 2009, 20:20
I can't use the new site either - this is really mind boggling given the fact that ONCE I managed to get registered.

Since then there is a problem:
1. I know my password but the system does not accept it.
2. So I go "Forgot Password" procedure
3. I get the e-mail for the one time login
4. System asks me to change password
5. When I click submit - lots of wait and the page times out.

...even if I stay logged in and try to post - lots of wait and the page times out.

Whatever is the reason this is the ONLY site on which I experience this.
So MYCOLDMAN I know you read this - please do something!
...or whatever...
...just please do not start "looking into it", because it won't get anywhere from that state :D

battleshipman
2nd Feb 2009, 21:30
My posts can only be about half as long as anyone elses or the page times out. I also have the same password problem you do, I know my password but it wont work.

FIX IT!

Polarshark
2nd Feb 2009, 23:05
shouldn't you guys try different computers or something

different emails

IT will work if you change something

battleshipman
3rd Feb 2009, 05:46

different emails

See thats the problem, I shouldn't have to change anything to use the website. I can use every other site just fine but not the website in question. Now, I'm a long way from being a computer programmer but I'm fairly sure if every other site functions fine on my connection then the problem isn't on my end.

It3llig3nc3
3rd Feb 2009, 17:58

different emails

My 2 cents on this:

I have tried to access the forum on 3 different configs:

1. My gaming rig, custom built, runs on WinXP and Firefox 3.0
2. Another PC at home Dell machine with Vista and IE
3. My business laptop (Thinkpad) running XP and IE

On another angle I tried 3 different ISPs: my home, a 3G wireless and my company's internet line.

After all this I say something is **** (let's say: wrong) with this new website.

My uneducated guess is that Eidos limits the bandwidth towards certain locations or the bandwidth is not enough to handle all the requests.

IF someone is reading this and have access to the new site I would really appreciate to post this message up there and send it to mycoldman.

After all I was with the BS community since the release of BS:M and now I'm completely locked out.
This is a shame.

Polarshark
3rd Feb 2009, 22:55
My 2 cents on this:

I have tried to access the forum on 3 different configs:

1. My gaming rig, custom built, runs on WinXP and Firefox 3.0
2. Another PC at home Dell machine with Vista and IE
3. My business laptop (Thinkpad) running XP and IE

On another angle I tried 3 different ISPs: my home, a 3G wireless and my company's internet line.

After all this I say something is **** (let's say: wrong) with this new website.

My uneducated guess is that Eidos limits the bandwidth towards certain locations or the bandwidth is not enough to handle all the requests.

IF someone is reading this and have access to the new site I would really appreciate to post this message up there and send it to mycoldman.

After all I was with the BS community since the release of BS:M and now I'm completely locked out.
This is a shame.

ok might be your internet service
or the country you're in

cause right here

the website is fine

It3llig3nc3
4th Feb 2009, 08:01
ok might be your internet service

My friend, mind the plural: if the internet service is the problem it means all 3 ISPs I tried are in trouble.
Besides apart from the BS:P website I can use the internet very well, download fast even from US, play on-line without any problem. Hungary may seem the wild East but it is still in Europe. :D :D We're good with public services such as internet. :D :D

If you have access to the new site have you been able to report our problem there? Thanks!

barrybarfly
4th Feb 2009, 19:52
Int3llig3nc3 posted this on the new forum today (he seems to have found a woround to solve his problem) and I hope he doesn't mind my copy and paste, I thought his solution may work for the others having difficulty....

"Browser incompatibility

Well after a while I managed to figure out the way to get on the new forum.
Needless to say EIDOS delivered it's regular attitude so the amount of help I got despite asking for it is: NONE. Thanks for the web-management team for the ignorance.

Up till now I had no way to get on this new forum despite the fact I managed to get registered during the first days when it came live. I still don't understand what has changed since then. I tried 3 different machines some with XP some with Vista, different browsers and different ISPs - without success.

Today came the last idea - trying a kind of virgin install. Thanks to EIDOS I had a clean partition with only an XP on it and BS:M. (this dates back to 2008 when for 6 months BS:M was not working with the latest ATI drivers therefore I had to create a partition just for this title so I can play. long story...)
So finally I installed all the latest patches and everything for XP+IE (for the record: the same way as I have it on my regular partition) and tried to site. And miracle happened. It works.

My conclusion is that the site code definitely has browser compatibility issues and perhaps also does not like certain plugins. Even on this new parition it does not work with Firefox version 3."

Hope this helps and thanks to Int3llig3nc3 for the info.

Polarshark
4th Feb 2009, 21:33
Int3llig3nc3 posted this on the new forum today (he seems to have found a woround to solve his problem) and I hope he doesn't mind my copy and paste, I thought his solution may work for the others having difficulty....

"Browser incompatibility

Well after a while I managed to figure out the way to get on the new forum.
Needless to say EIDOS delivered it's regular attitude so the amount of help I got despite asking for it is: NONE. Thanks for the web-management team for the ignorance.

Up till now I had no way to get on this new forum despite the fact I managed to get registered during the first days when it came live. I still don't understand what has changed since then. I tried 3 different machines some with XP some with Vista, different browsers and different ISPs - without success.

Today came the last idea - trying a kind of virgin install. Thanks to EIDOS I had a clean partition with only an XP on it and BS:M. (this dates back to 2008 when for 6 months BS:M was not working with the latest ATI drivers therefore I had to create a partition just for this title so I can play. long story...)
So finally I installed all the latest patches and everything for XP+IE (for the record: the same way as I have it on my regular partition) and tried to site. And miracle happened. It works.

My conclusion is that the site code definitely has browser compatibility issues and perhaps also does not like certain plugins. Even on this new parition it does not work with Firefox version 3."

Hope this helps and thanks to Int3llig3nc3 for the info.

wow i could've never got that far

barrybarfly
4th Feb 2009, 21:48
lost me after the title....

It3llig3nc3
5th Feb 2009, 16:27
Thanks for posting this up here. Good idea. At least we should keep helping each other :D

Barry: don't worry if you can't follow :) the ones who should listen will know how to understand it

Polar: persistence is key with EIDOS. Just as much I like the Battlestations as a game I hate EIDOS for their style and behavior. I really really hope somebody is going to buy out the DEV team from their incompetent hands...

Polarshark
6th Feb 2009, 01:10
Thanks for posting this up here. Good idea. At least we should keep helping each other :D

Barry: don't worry if you can't follow :) the ones who should listen will know how to understand it

Polar: persistence is key with EIDOS. Just as much I like the Battlestations as a game I hate EIDOS for their style and behavior. I really really hope somebody is going to buy out the DEV team from their incompetent hands...

EA or Ubisoft

they've been great companies