PDA

View Full Version : the units you want to play as most

USS_Hoel
5th Jan 2009, 23:27
i just want to know what units people want to play as the most in this super totally awesome (:D) game thats coming out soon (hopefully :hmm: ).

mine are probably the pete or the troop transport (i dont know why i wanna play as all the lame ships and planes in the game :scratch: )

P.S. I disagree totally with naming the USS Washington (BB-56) the USS Washington!:mad: They should have named it the USS South Carolina!:mad: :mad: :mad:

CaptHawkeye
5th Jan 2009, 23:31
Heavy Cruisers. Big enough to take on anything beneath them and not too expensive to risk. Torpedoes even give them a chance against BBs.

Waffen
5th Jan 2009, 23:42
i want to see stonger transport that cant be taken down with a quick stafe run or A 1000lb bomb. DEFINTILY. because im tired in mutli where a player could just quickly do a rocket or strafe then HAHA NO GROUND TROOPS FOR YOU!! and you just lost or won da battle. EVEN A KAMAKAZIE ATTACK would take a transport down! :mad2:

USS_Hoel
6th Jan 2009, 00:57
i want to see stonger transport that cant be taken down with a quick stafe run or A 1000lb bomb. DEFINTILY. because im tired in mutli where a player could just quickly do a rocket or strafe then HAHA NO GROUND TROOPS FOR YOU!! and you just lost or won da battle. EVEN A KAMAKAZIE ATTACK would take a transport down! :mad2:

you can see my anser (sorry about the spelling) to that question here
http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?t=66787&page=76

Red October
6th Jan 2009, 00:57
The new Japenese super sub. :D :D :D
And the corsair, best looking aircraft around in my opinion followed by the p-51 mustang.

SuperE
6th Jan 2009, 02:29
the battlecrusier Alaska if it gets in but I think it has high chances

watty14
6th Jan 2009, 03:56
probably the tahio if it gets in

USS_Hoel
6th Jan 2009, 12:10
the battlecrusier Alaska if it gets in but I think it has high chances

maybe, the alaska might get in,(it would be cool if it got in) but for now lets just say maybe

probably the tahio if it gets in

it will happen by positive thought! :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
i think it will, the japan needs some thing to counter the essex(if that gets in)

R&R BC
6th Jan 2009, 13:56
A Jap fighter equal to the Corsair, maybe the Ki-84 or the Tony?

R&R BC
6th Jan 2009, 14:02
A Jap fighter equal to the Corsair, maybe the Ki-84 or the Tony?

watty14
6th Jan 2009, 14:23
it will happen by positive thought! :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
i think it will, the japan needs some thing to counter the essex(if that gets in)

it would be tragic if the essex's class didnt get in considering it carried the brunt of operations from 43-45, however the japs would need somethin else as an essex's counter.,

USS_Hoel
6th Jan 2009, 16:28
it would be tragic if the essex's class didnt get in considering it carried the brunt of operations from 43-45, however the japs would need somethin else as an essex's counter.,

i think these were the CVs (US CVLs and CVEs not included) the US and japan had in service in september 1945:
US:
Lexington Class:
USS Saratoga
Yorktown Class:
USS Enterprise
Ranger Class:
USS Ranger
Essex Class:
USS Essex
USS Yorktown
USS Intrepid
USS Hornet
USS Franklin
USS Lexington
USS Bunker Hill
USS Wasp
USS Bennington
USS Bon Homme Richard
USS Kearsarge
USS Oriskany
USS Ticonderoga
USS Randolph
USS Hancock
USS Boxer
USS Leyte
USS Reprisal
USS Antietam
Japan:
Unryu Class:
Katsuragi
Junyo Class:
Junyo
Ryuho Class:
Ryuho
Hosho Class:
Hosho

How could they leave out the essex:hmm:
and the taiho or shinano classes might work well as counters for the essex

SuperE
6th Jan 2009, 23:25
Nothing would be able to counter the Midway class

F4F
7th Jan 2009, 11:19
All kind of planes.
From Corsair to Jap Me 262, rockets, kamikazes, machineguns.....

Waffen
7th Jan 2009, 15:18
at this point. All i care it got a gun a rocket and it fly's. BECAUSE I CANT WAIT ANY LONGER FOR IT TO COME OUT! :mad2:

Der_BB_MAN
9th Jan 2009, 08:31
Following ships I would like to drive in BSP

USS Colorado
USS West Virginia
USS Maryland
USS Nevada
USS California
USS Pennsylvania
USS Tennessee

M0n3y
9th Jan 2009, 20:44
USS Essex
IJN Yamato
USS Yorktown & Enterprise
and uuh...dunno further :P

VTROOPER
9th Jan 2009, 20:55
C-47... looks like we'll have that anyway

Waffen
9th Jan 2009, 21:29
and what will it do? will it be like a troop trans and instead of bombs it drops people. and they cap the buildin? and it is a
C-47 douglas skytrian

VTROOPER
9th Jan 2009, 22:20
and what will it do? will it be like a troop trans and instead of bombs it drops people. and they cap the buildin? and it is a
C-47 douglas skytrian

if you looked at trailer to it drops paratroopers and everyone i know calls it a C-47 even the guys at the vets clube in aston

Waffen
10th Jan 2009, 00:23
i know. I just like pointing out its full name. And i know it doesnt drop bombs.