PDA

View Full Version : Ponytail, Braid whats the difference??

gizmo
5th Jan 2009, 12:08
Okay so I just had this random question that needs to be answered in my head.
In TRL when you play as young lara you have a braid but when you unlock the classic outfit she has a ponytail unless your playing on next-gen graphics then she has a braid ( like on the Xbox 360 version)
And Now on TRU the Doppleganger has a braid but I've noticed that on the wii version the doppleganger has a ponytail instead.
So why is it that next-gen has the braid and other platforms like wii and have a ponytail instead.
I mean its not like the wii version is going to like self destruct because shes got a braid.
So can think of a reason why or know?

Rexie
5th Jan 2009, 12:28
Lazyness.

Kaelah
5th Jan 2009, 18:45
Possibly laziness, I always assumed it was because the ponytail is easier to animate for the older consoles than the braid.

jayjay119
5th Jan 2009, 18:57
Possibly laziness, I always assumed it was because the ponytail is easier to animate for the older consoles than the braid.

to be honest untill TR:AOD Lara always had a ponytail during the playable levels du to bad graphics lol. I agree with Kaela about it being able to design a ponytail easier though. IMO the dopple in the PS3/360/PC version had a braid as it was, in my mind modeled on the TR1 Lara model that Natla remembered before seeing Lara again.

Sina_Croft
5th Jan 2009, 19:01
in my mind modeled on the TR1 Lara model that Natla remembered before seeing Lara again.
me too, except in the original TR1 Lara didn't have a braid, during gameplay xD

jayjay119
5th Jan 2009, 19:08
me too, except in the original TR1 Lara didn't have a braid, during gameplay xD

lol...well that's true...but it was supposed to be there lol. :thumb:

EDIT:
it always made me laugh transitioning from HMV to game play and noticing that that Braid would magicalyy 'dis' and 're-appear.'