PDA

View Full Version : Deus Ex 1 AI in 3?

abritt
4th Jan 2009, 18:34
i think it would be cool if the AIs (Icarus/Daedalus/Morpheus) showed up again.

SemiAnonymous
4th Jan 2009, 19:16
Oh god, I thought you meant enemy AI, not computer AIs.

Well, Icarus, Daedelus and Morpheus shouldn't exist, as far as I remember. Maybe early versions of them with appropriate greek and latin names could appear.

ZylonBane
4th Jan 2009, 20:16
How about we DON'T have Adam just happen to bump into every single bloody character from DX1?

Blade_hunter
4th Jan 2009, 20:44
We can see the firsts Echelon prototypes even if they aren't icarus, morpheus or daedalus

Larington
4th Jan 2009, 21:53
I doubt we'll see any proper sentient AIs, Echelon IV maybe but I doubt anything beyond that, unless its something due to be destroyed by the player or other characters, a simple equivalent of Shodan or something.

Romeo
4th Jan 2009, 23:20
Oh god, I thought you meant enemy AI, not computer AIs.

Well, Icarus, Daedelus and Morpheus shouldn't exist, as far as I remember. Maybe early versions of them with appropriate greek and latin names could appear.
Yeah I did too, and my initial thought was HELL NO.

I would like to see some cameo's, but as is mentioned, they shouldn't exist yet.

Sabretooth1
5th Jan 2009, 03:34
We'll probably see Everett constructing Morpheus and interact with him in his alpha stage. And I can't really imagine this game without somebody as important as Everett. :p

SemiAnonymous
5th Jan 2009, 05:15
I'd actually like to see an AI involved similar to Morpheus. It talks simpler, lacks as much information that Morpheus has, and perhaps doesn't have a voice yet, or better, microsoft Sam for the voice.

Jerion
5th Jan 2009, 05:21
Sam? How outdated. :p

imported_van_HellSing
5th Jan 2009, 05:37
I always found it odd there was no Thanatos AI in DX. I mean, there's Daedalus, Icarus and Helios, a pretty obvious mythological trinity, then there's Morpheus who's just... there, and is missing any kind of other counterpart/reference. Thanatos would be perfect (Morpheus' half-brother), and just imagine what you could do in a conspiracy story with an AI whose name is "Death"!

Spiffmeister
5th Jan 2009, 09:47
If the game has anything on the AI constructs it will probably only be very early AI, like Blade_Hunter said.

tobster12
5th Jan 2009, 14:56
No, It wouldn't work. Im not sure when DX3 is going to be set, but either way, remember the game with Icarus Deadalous etc etc It had the 3 different endings. so chances are, they wont be on there. however, You dont actually destroy morpheus...

Radius86
5th Jan 2009, 17:05

I was ready to start a flame war here, before I realised you were not talking about the enemy AI. :mad2:

YEEEAAAAARGHH! *kneels and falls to the ground*

:whistle:

GmanPro
5th Jan 2009, 17:08
Am I the only one who actually liked the DX1 enemy AI lol?

Radius86
5th Jan 2009, 17:52
The way they went down, certainly! NOT the way they reacted to my presence. lol

Tracer Tong
5th Jan 2009, 20:44
Sam? How outdated. :p

"You have selected[pronounced: see-lected] Microsoft Sam as your computer's default voice"

ZylonBane
5th Jan 2009, 22:13
I'm not sure. WTF is an "AI lol"?

Tracer Tong
5th Jan 2009, 22:21
^^

Don't be a douche, you know what he meant. :mad2:

Romeo
5th Jan 2009, 23:01
I'd actually like to see an AI involved similar to Morpheus. It talks simpler, lacks as much information that Morpheus has, and perhaps doesn't have a voice yet, or better, microsoft Sam for the voice.
Microsoft Sam, housed in a miniature Spartan-II Figurine! Oh, that would be so gnarley...

NK007
6th Jan 2009, 00:15
Shodan is the absolute greatest, meatbags!

Dead-Eye
6th Jan 2009, 01:29
Seeing as it's a Deus Ex Game. The general setting should include Artificial intelligence of some sort. However it would most likely be on the level of Echelon. If you recall the conversation between Alex and JC at Tongs lab Alex stated that the AI's where based of the ECHELON system.(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ECHELON)

This was most likely the base work for the Aquinas HUB. I would imagine that this system is in place but the artificial Intelligence systems in the mainframe do not have complete control over the entire system. Taking into consideration the time that Deus Ex 3 takes place (2027) these systems are probably the center of the Illumanti/MJ12's operations, along with the augmentation project.

Although we already know their intentions and their plans it's just a question of how far developed they are to being completed. Although it would be cool if EM through a curve ball at us, so long as it was logical and did not create plot holes.

J.CDenton
6th Jan 2009, 16:15
Well I'd say:
-There will be Echelon IV
-Bob Page will start to give some advice to some "new kind of A.I" and eventualy build it, which will result into Daedalus.

Remember the Millenium magazine in DX1 showing Bob Page on cover with something like "World of Unlimited Bandwith". In DX1 we were in a world using Daedalus as a new A.I system. So maybe the DX3 script will focus about the Daedalus Project and all the stuff Bob Page did to get a total control of it. If it happens to be true, it means in that case that Everett will be in the game too.

Larington
7th Jan 2009, 01:32
As for behaviour of AI troopers, when they get shot they should actually freak out (The lesser ones anyway) and run to cover where cover spots aren't defined by some silly waypoint contrivance ala Crysis but rather by the AI doing quick calculations along the line of - "Go to cover which is A, capable of stopping bullets and B, suitable for firing over or around."

As an augmented agent the player has a certain level of power that would frighten your average grunt, that knowledge alone would make him want to fight smart, not left right strafe right in front of you like hes in some silly video game.

Dead-Eye
8th Jan 2009, 07:43
It is highly likely that Everett will be mentioned in this game.

Jerion
8th Jan 2009, 07:44
As for behaviour of AI troopers, when they get shot they should actually freak out (The lesser ones anyway) and run to cover where cover spots aren't defined by some silly waypoint contrivance ala Crysis but rather by the AI doing quick calculations along the line of - "Go to cover which is A, capable of stopping bullets and B, suitable for firing over or around."

As an augmented agent the player has a certain level of power that would frighten your average grunt, that knowledge alone would make him want to fight smart, not left right strafe right in front of you like hes in some silly video game.

Um, not exactly the topic of the thread. ;)

abritt
9th Jan 2009, 19:33
guess i could have been a little more clear on the topic >_<

cjc813
12th Jan 2009, 21:06
The way they went down, certainly! NOT the way they reacted to my presence. lol
Wait... they actually reacted to your presence? :p

teknikal-vision
14th Jan 2009, 16:56

I agree GmanPro!
I really enjoy exploiting the general retardedness of DX1 enemy AI!

Deus Ex was made fun by attracting MJ12 and NSF troopers to flares like moths to a flame and shooting things and watching their behaviour go into a state of panicky retardedness when they get stuck in level geometry or fail to be able to follow you up or down ladders.

I love stoopid AI :D

GmanPro
14th Jan 2009, 17:19
^^ Exactly :thumb:

teknikal-vision
14th Jan 2009, 17:24
This makes me think someone should start a new thread before it goes off topic:
"What was your favourite randomly retarded Deus Ex enemy AI gaming moment?" LOL XD

Radius86
14th Jan 2009, 18:08
This makes me think someone should start a new thread before it goes off topic:
"What was your favourite randomly retarded Deus Ex enemy AI gaming moment?" LOL XD

I can answer that now without the need for a thread. The taunt from Bob Page about the MIB that killed my parents coming up the elevator. I just tossed a LAM watched the meatballs fly and thought..."THIS GUY? REALLY?"