PDA

View Full Version : Graphic's really this good?

Waffen
3rd Jan 2009, 23:31
http://www.gamespot.com/pages/image_viewer/frame_lead.php?pid=943501&img=1&popup=1 that is a link i got when i payed good attention to it. Are the graphic's really gonna be that good? and if so is that for the com only? or does it go for the 360 too? :scratch:

andy3536
4th Jan 2009, 10:32
Graphics will only be that good on a top spec PC, 360 won't look that good.

Waffen
4th Jan 2009, 14:20
oh darn. :(

chip5541
4th Jan 2009, 14:44
yeah. You have to remember that the Vista installed PC uses DirX 10 ro 10.1 (with a supporting card of course) and the 360 uses a modified version of DirX 9

Waffen
4th Jan 2009, 15:04
oh ok. :D thanks chip.

It3llig3nc3
4th Jan 2009, 15:21
yeah. You have to remember that the Vista installed PC uses DirX 10 ro 10.1 (with a supporting card of course) and the 360 uses a modified version of DirX 9

Chip, remind me where did we learn that the PC version of BS:P is going to have a DX10 codepath?

Polarshark
4th Jan 2009, 15:56
Chip, remind me where did we learn that the PC version of BS:P is going to have a DX10 codepath?

i don't know

why would they use DX9 on lots of computers that are now DX10
and DX11 coming up next year or so

i hope that it's DX9 too because that way i can run it on higher settings :D
(tested it on farcry 2)

It3llig3nc3
4th Jan 2009, 16:16
i don't know

why would they use DX9 on lots of computers that are now DX10
and DX11 coming up next year or so

i hope that it's DX9 too because that way i can run it on higher settings :D
(tested it on farcry 2)

First don't forget that DX10 is not only a programming standard but also a hardware requirement from the video card. DX10 requires complete reprogramming of the rendering engine. Consider this when you know that BS:P is primarily a console game (XBOX360) that is only going to get ported to PC.

Second. A recent study showed that only 30% of gaming PCs are running Vista which is a PRE-REQUISITE for DX10. (study was based on Valve's STEAM public survey of gamer's hardware config) So if you're a publisher you still realize majority of your sales from people using Dx9 machines on PC.

Today DX9 is still the "Gold Standard" for gaming.
Knowing that EIDOS is not really a very strong publisher it looks like a sound decision to focus their efforts on the core DX9.

Polarshark
4th Jan 2009, 16:21
First don't forget that DX10 is not only a programming standard but also a hardware requirement from the video card. DX10 requires complete reprogramming of the rendering engine. Consider this when you know that BS:P is primarily a console game (XBOX360) that is only going to get ported to PC.

Second. A recent study showed that only 30% of gaming PCs are running Vista which is a PRE-REQUISITE for DX10. (study was based on Valve's STEAM public survey of gamer's hardware config) So if you're a publisher you still realize majority of your sales from people using Dx9 machines on PC.

Knowing that EIDOS is not really a very strong publisher it looks like a sound decision to focus their efforts on the core DX9.

that's good news for my 8600gt

i run games better on DX9

Sandy
5th Jan 2009, 04:49

A big YES on this!!!!! :thumb: I built my current system with dual boot XP / Vista and 8800GTX in SLI for DX10 games, just to be let down with the small increase in detail between DX10 and DX9c plus some added slow down in FPS in all tests run by "Maximum PC" and other independent sources. Therefore I'm part of the 70% that never loaded Vista and play everything on the XP side with DX9c. The FPS are great, the graphics are intense and I don't think we are going to see DX9c go by the way side for a long time.:cool: Windows 7, due out next year, they claim will be the OS that makes DX10 and the new DX11 really happen.
Time will tell I guess. :scratch: