PDA

View Full Version : Two-face

TheJoker619
3rd Jan 2009, 02:23
Do You Guys Think Two-face Died In The Movie????? Because I Really Dont Think He Did I Would Like To See Him In The New Batman Movie Because In The End Of The Dark Knight They Didnt Check For A Pulse Or Not And Then It Showed A Funeral But Was The Body There???

RedFalcon16
3rd Jan 2009, 02:35
Two Face isn't dead. The movies are going along with the comic books, so Two Face isn't dead. Harvey Dent is dead, Batman wanted Gotham to remember Harvey Dent as a hero, not as a villain.

door noob
3rd Jan 2009, 03:14
Two Face isn't dead. The movies are going along with the comic books, so Two Face isn't dead. Harvey Dent is dead, Batman wanted Gotham to remember Harvey Dent as a hero, not as a villain.

Nolan made it clear that harvey dent is dead in the "nolan verse", and no Christopher Nolan is not folowing the comic book story lines, he does what he want's with the character that he has selected. I.E. ra's al ghul has never trained batman, but Nolan decided he did.

And at the end of the scrip it read Harvey Dent : DEAD

Though for certain we might not know since the unfortunate passing of Heath Ledger. Resulting to the joker not reapearing instead Two face would.

ICK14
3rd Jan 2009, 21:50
Yeah, he's dead. But you never know. They never made it clear that he died, so they can use him for the next one if they wanted to. But there is a lot of clues that says he isn't dead.

1) Two-Face fell about the same height as Maroni's fall, which he didn't die from.
2) The coin flip landed on good heads right before he fell, probably pointing out he didn't die. (Even though that coin flip was going to Commissioner Gordan's son....)

Um... Thats all I can think of at the moment.... So there is a chance of him coming back.

The_Hylden
3rd Jan 2009, 23:09
Those are the same reasons I felt from the start of seeing the film that Two-Face wasn't dead also, and debated it quite vehemently on IGN when they came out saying he was without confirmation. However, Nolan eventually did confirm that Two-Face is supposed to be dead at the end there.

So, officially he's dead, yet the above reasons are solid enough that if they ever changed their minds, I think they could.

Drazar
4th Jan 2009, 00:08
Nolan considers Two-face dead but Emma Thomas (his wife and producer) said they kinda left it mysterious as in, there is a possibility Two-face could fake his death and whatnot, but i'm sure the 3rd Batman movie can continue the story withouth Two-Face and Joker.

CodeBlack
5th Jan 2009, 05:58
1) Two-Face fell about the same height as Maroni's fall, which he didn't die from.

On the other hand, Maroni landed on his feet (ouch) while we're not sure how two face landed; if he landed on his back his head would probably have smashed the ground and he could've died from that.

Anyway, it's been stated straight out that Dent is dead, though we all wish he could have lived somehow (though it would've taken some pretty good writing to make that work anyway). It's also a downer that they chose for Two Face to die while letting The Joker (the late Heath Ledger) live.

Drazar
5th Jan 2009, 06:46
Joker not dying had its good reasons as Batman lives with his rule to not *intentually* kill anyone to save Gotham. Nolan chose Two-Face to be more of an anti-hero whos death would mean something, Batman didn't want his reputation to be ruined nor the crooks to get out and takes the blame, and at the end of the movie we see Batman riding to the shining light which is the new dawn of age Harvey spoke about, very poetic.

Now theres even blood on the ground where Harvey landed and Aaron Eckhart (harvey actor) even asked Nolan about Batman 3 and got the reply: you're dead.

Ofcourse the director can _always_ change his mind but imo that would cause alot of plotholes and mind****s, but perhaps that is the best for a greater story?

bathead
7th Jan 2009, 09:06
All I've ever heard anybody connected with the movie say is that "Harvey Dent" is dead. I think they're being cagey when they say that. I've seen it many times in the comics where Dent himself says (something like) "I'm not Dent, Dent is dead. My name is Two-Face." I still think it's possible they will bring back Two-Face in the next flick.

CodeBlack
8th Jan 2009, 04:36
Joker not dying had its good reasons as Batman lives with his rule to not *intentually* kill anyone to save Gotham. Nolan chose Two-Face to be more of an anti-hero whos death would mean something, Batman didn't want his reputation to be ruined nor the crooks to get out and takes the blame, and at the end of the movie we see Batman riding to the shining light which is the new dawn of age Harvey spoke about, very poetic.

Now theres even blood on the ground where Harvey landed and Aaron Eckhart (harvey actor) even asked Nolan about Batman 3 and got the reply: you're dead.

Ofcourse the director can _always_ change his mind but imo that would cause alot of plotholes and mind****s, but perhaps that is the best for a greater story?

I meant that it was sad that Joker was chosen to live, while Heath Ledger, his actor died, whereas Two Face was killed.

Drazar
8th Jan 2009, 06:03
Well The movie was finished few months before Heath's death so **** happens. ;/ Its actually quite funny how time goes by, Heath died 22n january which is soon here, hard to imagen its almost been a year now.

CodeBlack
10th Jan 2009, 23:25
Well The movie was finished few months before Heath's death so **** happens. ;/ Its actually quite funny how time goes by, Heath died 22n january which is soon here, hard to imagen its almost been a year now.

That's partially why it's sad. He never got to see the reactions to his performance.

Tapion
27th Jan 2009, 18:56
Well Two-face fell from the same high as Batman and Batsy could stand up again without that much problems so even if Batsys Armor saved him from big injuries i think Two-Face will also be still alive. (No blood on the ground around him and the earth looked a little bit like sand)

Drazar
27th Jan 2009, 18:59
That's partially why it's sad. He never got to see the reactions to his performance.

He did, and he was amazed by his own acting. He saw it all.

Dark Walker
30th Jan 2009, 08:46
I think Two Face is dead, "Nolan verse" doesn't seem like the kind of series where characters we thought dead will suddenly come back to life. I mean the possibility is open but I think it's unlikely.

I thought it was a little disappointing that Two Face died so early (in regard to his career as a super villian) but that was only a slight dampener to a terrific movie.

Any way, my arguements:
As mentioned Maroni landed on his feet so the impact went up his legs. It's been a while since I saw the movie but I'm assuming Dent landed on his back (which should break the spine or send enough damage to the skull). I think Batman had better chances of surviving because his outfit was designed for action while Dent only wore a suit. I'm not going to say that ensures Two Face's death and Batman's survival but it seems logical.

This is just my opinion and I'm not going to fly off the handle if you think otherwise.

Tapion
30th Jan 2009, 12:51
Maybe he's just... be prepared, cheap joke coming... half-dead. :lol:

harveysburntside
5th Feb 2009, 02:44
So... Batman and Gordon and Harvey are all gonna fake his death? Fair enough...
When they are the only ones there, why would Harvey lie on the ground and pretend to be dead? Who's he tricking?

Tapion
5th Feb 2009, 02:51
Maybe he's knocked unconscious

The_Hylden
5th Feb 2009, 03:02
Batman and Gordon are already covering up what Harvey did. Covering up him being alive and put away in Arkham wouldn't be a stretch at all...

And since you've put this out there, you've made me have to respond to the obvious with snark in abundance, but...

When they are the only ones there, why would Harvey lie on the ground and pretend to be dead? Who's he tricking?

Allow me to introduce you to the word "unconscious." This word is a nice little dithy dreamed up to explain away why people who've fallen on their head and aren't responding, but are still alive, can wake up again (albeit with a grand headache) and not be considered possessed by evil spirits/the devil. Other uses of this word include explaining away why your roommate whose drank two six packs of beer, four shots of tequila, and a few more of Yager, seems to still be alive, but unresponsive, wallowing in his own filth and unable to do much else than snore...

While I am pretty sure that one shot of whiskey early on in the day for Harvey wasn't enough to cause a Doc Brown episode later on, the fall onto his back and back of head probably, just maybe (hey, I know I am going out on a limb, here...), could have rendered him unconscious in the first definition of the word. Thus, he wouldn't be faking out anyone, given his inability to know anyone was around in the first place, nor would he have the wherewithal to set up any grand trap to lure anyone in to their doom. He'd simply be "knocked out," quite literally...

Hey, just some food for thought, eh? Might want to consider the possibility of something just a little out of the box of alive and dead next time. lol, and now my snarkiness is done:p

harveysburntside
5th Feb 2009, 05:06
Unconcious... plausible.
Unfortunatly Batman and Gordon's behavior throughout the scene remain highly unusual for co-conspirators who have no-one to hide anything from. They both speak as though Harvey's died, not been knocked out. And the large number of paramedics, police responding to the scene, orderlies and staff at Arkham that would all need to play along, makes such a plot unlikely.
Snark away though. This forum is probably the best place for it.

RonnyGreen
5th Feb 2009, 17:53
I know they're going for a lot of things from the animated series but I hope that the design they use for Two-Face is taken from The Long Halloween.
That's the best look for the character.

The_Hylden
5th Feb 2009, 18:18
Snark away though. This forum is probably the best place for it.

Ha, yes, just a little Clown Prince in me that felt like getting out:p

But honestly, it's what a lot of fans concluded for the contradictory take on how Gordon and Batman behaved. Their lines to me, and others, skirt around ever stating if he's dead, or not, and it seems they are more concerned with how people will view what he's done. Batman takes the wrap, but there isn't a real "such a bad way to go" feeling I get from their dialogue. But, *shrugs* this is all interpretation. If he's dead, he's dead. If he isn't, as in they decide to change their minds fully again, then all the better.

I'm just looking forward to what he's going to look like (and if he's still voiced by Richard Moll) and how he's portrayed in Arkham:)

thewrongvine
13th Feb 2009, 02:14
I think Two-Face is dead in current theory for everyone, including Christopher Nolan. And even if he isn't dead, he won't appear in the movies, so in a way, he is "dead" either way. There is no difference.

However, like other said, it can always be changed. There would be a lot of gaps and corrections to be made, but it's the director's decision.

SIMPLE!

Tyl93
18th Feb 2009, 22:58
Do You Guys Think Two-face Died In The Movie????? Because I Really Dont Think He Did I Would Like To See Him In The New Batman Movie Because In The End Of The Dark Knight They Didnt Check For A Pulse Or Not And Then It Showed A Funeral But Was The Body There???

two-face is probably going to be in the next movie because of Heath Ledgers death

p.s.-( i think it would be a cool plot twist if he was secretly locked up in arkham after his 'death' and broke out)

Two-Face
18th Feb 2009, 23:18
two-face is probably going to be in the next movie because of Heath Ledgers death

p.s.-( i think it would be a cool plot twist if he was secretly locked up in arkham after his 'death' and broke out)

How is that possible? We saw the body and in the script says his neck is broken DEAD.

Drazar
19th Feb 2009, 14:59
How is that possible? We saw the body and in the script says his neck is broken DEAD.

Star Wars 5 script doesn't have "no. i am your father" line yet it is in the movie. The script isn't a full-proof evidence on Harvey Dent's death, its how they make out the 3rd story.

I'm not a fan of having Harvey in arkham because why the **** would Gordon and Batman do that? Its so inhuman. >_>

The Sparrow
3rd Apr 2009, 16:16

That is like quote on quote from a 1950's Batman Fan Club article!!!! LOL!!! The BFC was good to refer to during the time, but it is long gone now.

The Sparrow
3rd Apr 2009, 16:36
Oh yesh

Info on the third Batman movie:

The Riddler: Johnny Depp or Eddie Murphy(blah).

The Penguin: Phillip Seymour Hoffman

Catwoman (maybe): Angelina Joe Lee

Also, these awesome fan generated movie posters created a lot of contrevorsy:

http://fanartexhibit.files.wordpress.com/2008/09/batman_poster_hq.jpg
http://fanartexhibit.files.wordpress.com/2008/09/batman_poster_cat.jpg
http://fanartexhibit.files.wordpress.com/2009/03/riddler_teaser03.jpg

Drazar
3rd Apr 2009, 18:07
Noone of your information has any true source, the only thing that have been confirmed is:

No Bat Nipples!

Michael Caine the actor of Alfred suspects the Riddler but he has no source whatsoever. Christoper Nolan is making a sci-fi movie now with Leonardo DeCaprio so Batman 3 will be seen in like 2012 or so. Please don't post huge fan-made wallappers please btw.

ShadowOfTheKnight
3rd Apr 2009, 19:35
in my book no info about batman 3 is reliable info unless it comes from christopher nolan himself

KillerCroc
3rd Apr 2009, 20:35
I would like to confirm that Harvey Dent is dead, Two-Face isn't. They said Harvey was dead because they wanted Gotham to look on him as a hero, not a killer, the reason for the casket and body is that Bruce Wayne is a billionaire, he obviously faked a body or put objects in there to make it heavy. Two-Face is alive probably in GCH and then Arkham, Harvey Dent is dead as everyone knows. Two-Face could've easily gotten a hair-cut and some facial changes to make sure nobody knows he's Harvey, Bruce would probably supervise that. Two-Face is alive, so is Joker, so is Scarecrow. Scarecrow was in the 2nd in the beginning.

CodeBlack
3rd Apr 2009, 20:55
I would like to confirm that Harvey Dent is dead, Two-Face isn't. They said Harvey was dead because they wanted Gotham to look on him as a hero, not a killer, the reason for the casket and body is that Bruce Wayne is a billionaire, he obviously faked a body or put objects in there to make it heavy. Two-Face is alive probably in GCH and then Arkham, Harvey Dent is dead as everyone knows. Two-Face could've easily gotten a hair-cut and some facial changes to make sure nobody knows he's Harvey, Bruce would probably supervise that. Two-Face is alive, so is Joker, so is Scarecrow. Scarecrow was in the 2nd in the beginning.

Except Two-Face was never implied to be a split personality in Nolan's version. We can't really assume things we don't know.

Drazar
3rd Apr 2009, 21:11
Except Two-Face was never implied to be a split personality in Nolan's version. We can't really assume things we don't know.

Eh it was implied all the time, if you listen carefully Aaron Eckhart even did a different voice when he spoke as Two-Face, and he received the nickname for his anger issues that he kept inside of him. His origin was really much a combonation of comic + Batman the animated serie tbh. :P

ShadowOfTheKnight
3rd Apr 2009, 21:43
Two-Face's lifetime in the Nolan universe was WAY too short for me to enjoy. I would have love for him be developed further since he's such a deep and interesting villain but i got what they were going for.

the scarecrow
3rd Apr 2009, 21:47
Noone of your information has any true source, the only thing that have been confirmed is:

No Bat Nipples!

Michael Caine the actor of Alfred suspects the Riddler but he has no source whatsoever. Christoper Nolan is making a sci-fi movie now with Leonardo DeCaprio so Batman 3 will be seen in like 2012 or so. Please don't post huge fan-made wallappers please btw. my dad met the special afex guy from the dark night and he said they start filiming in january and jonny depp is the riddler

Drazar
3rd Apr 2009, 22:25
Yeah well i'm a smart person and Nolan is filming the sci-fi movie which stars Leonardo Decaprio so stop feeding us bullcrap. =P

The Sparrow
13th Apr 2009, 22:04

No Bat Nipples!

Michael Caine the actor of Alfred suspects the Riddler but he has no source whatsoever. Christoper Nolan is making a sci-fi movie now with Leonardo DeCaprio so Batman 3 will be seen in like 2012 or so. Please don't post huge fan-made wallappers please btw.

Dude, you can google it, you can ask it, you can even yahoo it, Johnny's the Riddler (hopefully) and they are planning for the movies release (it was a little sketchy on the fan sites) in winter 2010 or summer 2011. And i just posted the pics to make a point on how AWESOME the are. I mean, that Harley Quin is flipping awesome, and the Catwoman is great.

Go ahead, argue me....

Yeah well i'm a smart person and Nolan is filming the sci-fi movie which stars Leonardo Decaprio so stop feeding us bullcrap. =P

You don't google that much, do u? They have so many feeds that I think they would be forced to do the movie.

Eh it was implied all the time, if you listen carefully Aaron Eckhart even did a different voice when he spoke as Two-Face, and he received the nickname for his anger issues that he kept inside of him. His origin was really much a combonation of comic + Batman the animated serie tbh. :P

I agree. The dude had that anger fit at that guy in the alley, and all that came out after Rachel (hope I spelled that right) died.

Drazar
13th Apr 2009, 22:38
Dude, you can google it, you can ask it, you can even yahoo it, Johnny's the Riddler (hopefully) and they are planning for the movies release (it was a little sketchy on the fan sites) in winter 2010 or summer 2011. And i just posted the pics to make a point on how AWESOME the are. I mean, that Harley Quin is flipping awesome, and the Catwoman is great.

Go ahead, argue me....

Go ahead and show me the truth, just because sites have their own suggestions on what actor should/could play this and that role, doesn't give you any proof. Inception is Nolan's next movie and its a sci-fi movie starring Leonardo Decaprio, it will also have Cillian Murphy (Scarecrow) and perhaps even Michael Caine (Alfred).

Go ahead, try and claim how right you are only to fail at it. ;) :P

EDIT: Also what kinda source is a bloody fansite that spreads false rumors? >_<
EDIT2: Sorry its Cillian Murphy (Scarecrow) whos joining the sci-fi movie and not Gary Oldman, also this movie is shceduled for 2010 release and that gives perfect time to release Batman 3 on summer 2011-2012, theres noway in hell Warner Bros would let a summerblockbuster movie opportunity wasted for Batman, theres only like Return of the Kings which made an amazing blockoffice in winter but even that isn't in the top 10 or is but at the very bottom. ;/

Ensanguined Walls
13th Apr 2009, 23:02
Resurrecting Two-Face/Dent would ruin the ending of The Dark Knight. Batman specifically exiled himself in order to ensure that Gotham never knew of the crimes of Harvey. It would make the ending less effective if they brought him back, imo.

Drazar
13th Apr 2009, 23:46
Resurrecting Two-Face/Dent would ruin the ending of The Dark Knight. Batman specifically exiled himself in order to ensure that Gotham never knew of the crimes of Harvey. It would make the ending less effective if they brought him back, imo.

It depends on what way and how it serves the story, you could say killing Two-Face makes his charactirezation lacking, also we know the corrupted female officer is alive and knows about Harvey's murders, but especially the Joker aswell, Joker would definatly try and ruin Batman's sacrifise somehow.

But it really depends where the story goes, theres millions of different opportunities.

The Jedi Guardian
14th Apr 2009, 02:26
I don't think you will have to worry about them. Who would believe a traitor and Barbara Gordon (mother) knows this because she was sent straight to Dent. Maroni and his men know even though Maroni is dead. I don't think she is coming back because she was traumatized by her last encounter and she wasn't at the of the destruction of the bat-signal.

The only person who would believe the joker is harley quinnzelle.

Joker was prepared to get captured twice but he wasn't prepared for Batman's sacrifice and that no one except the mayor, gordan, bruce, ramirez, maroni if he survived (probably not) and the people who supported him in the hospital (doctors, nurses) (they know his problem but not his killing spree).

Drazar
14th Apr 2009, 03:06
Its not known is Maroni dead or alive btw. :P

Ensanguined Walls
14th Apr 2009, 03:11
I don't think he was wearing his seatbelt, so it's likely that he did die.

Drazar
14th Apr 2009, 03:30
Indeed it is, but since Batman has miracliously not killed any criminal while fatally hitting them on the head, a little movie magic can be capable of anything. ;)