PDA

View Full Version : choose the possible new tr publisher

qwerty
2nd Jan 2009, 15:00
http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?t=83773

ok i feared this would happen sooner or later....but i am sure now eidos will be sold......

so choose

ok i edit again:lets assume that is sold to another company.which company would u like it to be?

Mr Croft
2nd Jan 2009, 15:01
What?

qwerty
2nd Jan 2009, 15:01
i forgot to put the poll

Mr Croft
2nd Jan 2009, 15:04
I stay with Eidos.

LaraCroftRox
2nd Jan 2009, 15:08
Eidos. :wave:

seashell093
2nd Jan 2009, 16:02
Eidos!!:D

Golden Laurel
2nd Jan 2009, 16:04
Ill jump on board the train and say "Eidos" :rasp:

tombraider1best
2nd Jan 2009, 16:27
eidos

why are they letting her go ? :(
that is what most probably makes them there most money and if they let her go i just wont buy the new games

it will be a hard thing to do :(

buffbabe
2nd Jan 2009, 16:37
OMG i hope this doesnt happen :eek: :(

I vote stay with Eideos :D

Deadly_Disaster
2nd Jan 2009, 17:17
I just pray to god that Eidos does not leave our dearest lara in the hands of any other publisher as Lara and Tomb Raider Suits best in Eidos's hands so. I would go for Eidos :thumbsup:

floydthebarber
2nd Jan 2009, 18:26
Bethesda (ZeniMax). If you want a game that is substantial, given all the time necessary until it is totally completed, and realizes the tremendous potential for a solid, movement based simulation that puts the game on the innovation map again.

Rexie
2nd Jan 2009, 18:33
Voited for EA. I don't want TR to turn into another looking-for-lost-love drama, or wallrunnin-with-someone-nekkid-and-trying-to-rip-off-TR-in-crap-graphics

jayjay119
2nd Jan 2009, 18:52
Eidos. :wave:

Eidos!!

I stay with Eidos.If Eidos is being bought out, how could TR stay with them? I say if anyone was to buy out Eidos and take all their titles Ubisoft would be the best to do it in comparison with others out there. They may leave the titls production with CD but if they don't they have the most experience in the same feild of design as TR with Assassin's Creed and PoP.

Let's not forget just because Ubi have a history of developing and publishing their own games doesn't mean they will want to develop TR, Eidos doesn't Develop it so why should Ubi. It hink they would keep CD untill they don't wanna do it anymore or they just aren't bringing the goods to the table anymore. As a mater of fact a change of publisher might be a good thing.

Mr Croft
2nd Jan 2009, 18:55
If Eidos is being bought out, how could TR stay with them? I say if anyone was to buy out Eidos and take all their titles Ubisoft would be the best to do it in comparison with others out there. They may leave the titls production with CD but if they don't they have the most experience in the same feild of design as TR with Assassin's Creed and PoP.

Have you read what Rexie wrote?
If not:

Voited for EA. I don't want TR to turn into another looking-for-lost-love drama, or wallrunnin-with-someone-nekkid-and-trying-to-rip-off-TR-in-crap-graphics

jayjay119
2nd Jan 2009, 19:00
Have you read what Rexie wrote?
If not:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rexie

Yeah cuz that's what they would do. Just becaus they changed PoP doesn't mean they would change TR. Why would they mess with a winning formula? PoP was ending its style, story and means with the end of the Sands of Time trilogy, it allowed for variation and a lot of change this isn't possible with TR. There NEEDS to be a certain look, style and design about it. CD discovered that the hard way with legend.

Plus one bad game doesn't detract form the award winning games that Ubi has produced int he past; PoP: SoT trilogy (gameplay, mechanics, puzzles and dificulty.) Spinter Cell (good graphics and mechanics even though it isnt the same style of gameplay.) and Assassin's Creed (style, look, graphics and open design.) And as for EA...are you kidding me? Besides sports games they don't have much credidence IMO they have never successfully created a game like TR as Ubi have.

Also, i'm not being funny...PoP added a lot of the stuff TR has used since CD took it before TR did. TR did not rip off PoP, PoP existed BEFORE TR so that says soemthing. Its not a case of TR and uncharted PoP and TR borrow and lend from each other. With out PS1 TR PoP on PS2 wouldn't have been how it was and without PoP Cd's TR wouldn't have been how it is!

josh1122
2nd Jan 2009, 19:15
I guess i'll just choose ''other'' and pretend its a ''none of the above'' answer :whistle:

LegendPT
2nd Jan 2009, 19:29
ANYTHING BUT EIDOS please!! Eidos = Microsoft --> DLC and achievements only for 360 = which is unfair. Eidos stopped caring about the TR fans who have got a PS3, so... GO TO HELL EIDOS!!

Mr Croft
2nd Jan 2009, 19:32
ANYTHING BUT EIDOS please!! Eidos = Microsoft --> DLC and achievements only for 360 = which is unfair. Eidos stopped caring about the TR fans who have got a PS3, so... GO TO HELL EIDOS!!

Get a 360 then; save up money and get it.
And no need to yell here...

josh1122
2nd Jan 2009, 21:20
Get a 360 then; save up money and get it.
And no need to yell here...

no need for his hostility in general either and telling people to go to hell certainly isnt a good way to go around expressing ones feelings

RinoTheBouncer
2nd Jan 2009, 21:24
well i want EA but it's most likely to be Ubisoft and both of them are great
see Assassin's Creed & Mirror's Edge

JUST IMAGINE HIDEO KOJIMA FROM KONAMI LEADING TOMB RAIDER ... WOoOW

andrew90
2nd Jan 2009, 22:15
I hope they will not sale it to anyone, and TR stay's with EIDOS!

HotwingCindy
3rd Jan 2009, 04:12
if eidos does get bought out i hope they leave all of tr to Crystal D i dont want to play a tr game where she looks completely different and different voice actors and dif everything i dont want to play an ugly lara or idfk im feeling emo now eidos could like hold a dontaions thing to raise some money

HotwingCindy
3rd Jan 2009, 04:15
ew wtf square enix HELL TO THA NAW i will shoot ppl if it turns in to Tomb Raider: RTS

italibabee
3rd Jan 2009, 06:53
as long as lara stays in the game and its no romance novel thing then im good.:lol: :D

but im not sure if i was EA to make it?
and i dont know who the other companies are...im not one for remembering game companies...:lol:
i just want laras moves like they are now and better graphics (although these graphics look fanastic) and the whole well i think you guys know...:lol:

gizmo
3rd Jan 2009, 08:33
Eidos all the way:wave:

Jaker
3rd Jan 2009, 12:53
Kill me, but either Eidos or Sony. I know that then TR would be only on ps3 (for the record - I actually don't have one) but I won't stand the next change of studio, Lara, the biography, the history. And just like Crystal Dynamics rid of Kurtis and generally AOD, the new studio would threw out Zip and all the mama history as well.

BitShifter
3rd Jan 2009, 13:12
Ubosoft is known for their "intellectual" games.

Very complex stories that make senses.

Very rich puzzles, quiet, even introspective, environments that are texture rich and quality consistent. Very good and diverse environment. See Syberia.

Adding some action would be a first for them but I believe they could do it.

If they do it, be prepared for a more intellectually and emotionaly complex Lara.

As for the storyline, I would not be surprised if they brought back the mother and or Natla, even if just for a cameo appearance.

But saving the world from the Midgard serpent was really jumping the shark. Maybe she could finally get to Niflheim and find Avalon...and bring Amanda with her and make peace (I kinda like that whiny, immature little brat.)

PoLuna
3rd Jan 2009, 14:51
I stay with Eidos too!

franiqueblack
3rd Jan 2009, 16:12
first things first, i dont think there's any problem with the publisher. what matters most now is the company which designs and programmes TR.
i prefer EIDOS better than any other publishing companies.

Deadly_Disaster
3rd Jan 2009, 16:22
Please Eidos don't sell our favourite Lara Croft And Tomb Raider Please...............................................................

And If you have finalized your decision to sell Lara Croft And Tomb Raider , then sell it to EA but not to Ubisoft , as EA is far better than Ubisoft :thumbsup:

Ben-Raider
3rd Jan 2009, 16:34
Maybe they will go with rockstar and give it a gta/manhunt feel to it lol

Rexie
3rd Jan 2009, 16:49
Maybe they will go with rockstar and give it a gta/manhunt feel to it lol

Hope they put Pigsy somewhere in her manor in too, would be a nice pet <3

Ben-Raider
3rd Jan 2009, 16:53
Hope they put Pigsy somewhere in her manor in too, would be a nice pet <3

And then you can go to some town or another steal a vehical off someone, do a drugs run for a local cartel who will then reveal the whereabouts of the magic sceptre of liberty city

The_Underworld
3rd Jan 2009, 17:45
How come CD isn't there?:D I think CD is doing an AMAZING job. ( I also expected someone to put Core:o but I hate them;) )

Mr Croft
3rd Jan 2009, 17:46
How come CD isn't there?:D I think CD is doing an AMAZING job. ( I also expected someone to put Core:o nut I hate them;) )

It's not the developer, it's the publisher; 2 different things. ;)

The_Underworld
3rd Jan 2009, 18:28
They're the same to me!:D

Mr Croft
3rd Jan 2009, 18:39
They're the same to me!:D

No, Eidos published the game and CD makes/develops the game, ok?

gizmo
3rd Jan 2009, 19:22
Okay since there is no actual proof that ubisoft is the new publisher or will be.
How do we know this is going to happen.
Can someone please clear that up for me:confused:

LC is Me
4th Jan 2009, 22:01
I think I'd like for Eidos to stay in the picture, thanks.

But if they had to switch publishers for some reason, and like to see what Valve could do with TR, just because they do such a great job. Portal, Half-Life, Left 4 Dead: all great Valve games.

crazyraider-147
4th Jan 2009, 22:24
Oh no I chose randomly but is it really true? :scratch:

My dog Max
4th Jan 2009, 22:35
well I want eidos!But you people remember the prince of persia-the graphics are drwed by hand I don´t want that in TR series,and that prince of persia story line and stuff,I mean it is a world that doesn´t exist!It is a fiction world!So ubisoft...:wave:

9er_Fan
6th Jan 2009, 03:50
Other.

The way I look at it, we want a publisher with a track record that spans more than one franchise and/or more than one genre (preferrably both).

EA is a monster. They meet my criteria above. People who complain about EA's support have not experienced THQ's (non-) support, Epic Games' (non-) support, and and NovaLogic's (non-) support. EA would be a good if uninspired pick.

I don't know much about Ubisoft. The Tom Clancy franchises seem to be well executed.

But let's talk about companies that deliver "WOW" even if they are more developers than publishers.

How about Monolith? Three franchise home runs in the same genre (FPS). Blood, No One Lives Forever, and F.E.A.R.

How about Valve? Half-life is a tier-one franchise and Portal was fantastic (better than episode 2, IMO).

How about Rockstar? GTA was genre defining. Max Payne was (I think) the first to do the "slo mo" action.

My heart would leap with Valve or Monolith but I would feel safe with the future in the hands of EA.

Dusk Knight
6th Jan 2009, 08:54
Eidos may be acquired by one of these publishers, so staying with Eidos technically means a new publisher in this scenario.

I don't really have a strong preference. Warner Brothers seems the most likely according to the articles I've seen.

midna1
6th Jan 2009, 10:27
*** Reality Check ***

Ok u guys do realise that EA owns 20% of Ubisoft :cool: .

EA tells Ubisoft what to do all the time. Especially with their marketing - thats why Assassins Creed sold so many copies becuase EA did the marketing strategy.

I just hope they dont change the development studio.

JustMe
6th Jan 2009, 10:29
Like I usually say...

!~CRYSTAL DYNAMICS~!

!!!END OF STORY!!!

JustMe
6th Jan 2009, 10:30
Oooh publisher.....Eidos then :D

batotesic
6th Jan 2009, 11:08
I voted for Ubisoft, cause I didn't know that we can vote for Eidos.

SO EIDOS THE BEST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dusk Knight
7th Jan 2009, 06:36
You know, Crystal Dynamics used to be their own publisher before Eidos acquired them.

As far as I know, that didn't have a negative effect on CD or their IPs at all...

tiger
7th Jan 2009, 08:15
You know, Crystal Dynamics used to be their own publisher before Eidos acquired them. As far as I know, that didn't have a negative effect on CD or their IPs at all...

Like hey, please, just give our TR and Lara to a publisher, who can actually test and really be involved in its production until the product is right for our PCs and for all the consoles. (We need actually game-techs and not a bunch of slippery sales-types.)

And not a bunch of marketeers, either, who over-hype (lie, cheat, steal and control?) as they push an unfinished product out the door, because of cash-flow problems or just to make the Christmas buying season. :nut:

Heck, letting Crystal Dynamics be their own publisher, again, sounds GREAT, right now! :)

Greenas
7th Jan 2009, 11:02
If Eidos were to be bought , I'd hope Ubisoft would do it , but I still hope Eidos is not bought because i would preffer Lara to stay with them :thumbsup:

kiss-bite
7th Jan 2009, 16:24
Like hey, please, just give our TR and Lara to a publisher, who can actually test and really be involved in its production until the product is right for our PCs and for all the consoles. (We need actually game-techs and not a bunch of slippery sales-types.)

And not a bunch of marketeers, either, who over-hype (lie, cheat, steal and control?) as they push an unfinished product out the door, because of cash-flow problems or just to make the Christmas buying season. :nut:

Heck, letting Crystal Dynamics be their own publisher, again, sounds GREAT, right now! :)

I agree, I wait for the day when TR is published & developed by a team that takes it seriously & wants it to be great artistically again & not just a cash vacuum. I'll still keep my fingers crossed for that day when a new TR game actuallly genuinely makes a mark again, wows & impresses critics & gamers & not just the TR fans.:)

_Tomb_Raider_
7th Jan 2009, 16:27
FC** them all....Edios is father of TR and that is how it is....

kiss-bite
7th Jan 2009, 16:40
FC** them all....Eidos is father of TR and that is how it is....

That might not be how it is forever. Core was the mother of TR & they lost it.:wave:

_Tomb_Raider_
7th Jan 2009, 16:59
That might not be how it is forever. Core was the mother of TR & they lost it.:wave:

Well father is the always leader....

kiss-bite
7th Jan 2009, 17:58
Well father is the always leader....

Hmmm...lol :rolleyes: If you say so, not sure I agree with such a statement on gender power.:D My point was only that TR was taken from it's creators so under certain circumstances anything is possible.:wave:

LC is Me
7th Jan 2009, 21:13

Wait...what?
I get what you mean by them not testing...but what?

Is this about the DLC?
Again?

gizmo
7th Jan 2009, 21:16
As much as I like Eidos
It might be Warner that gets to take over as the new publishers:(

kiss-bite
7th Jan 2009, 21:24
Wait...what?
I get what you mean by them not testing...but what?

Is this about the DLC?
Again?

I think the poster means simply that TRU was released even though clearly it was very buggy & glitchy, more so then AOD ever was. Other publishers will not release a game until they think it's a polished product even if it means a delay.:wave:

TRA_Abomination
7th Jan 2009, 21:32
I will not vote because I refuse to believe the series will be having a new publisher, because the way I see it, it is highly possible radical changes will be made that could possibly ruin the series...that's all.:o

ski2bbad
7th Jan 2009, 22:06
As with most things . . . evolution is a fact of life . . .

Thus if Eidos must relinquish our Lara than I'd pick Ubisoft for their "camera" alone.

Long Live Lara Croft!!

GoLarago
7th Jan 2009, 22:29
I'd take Ubi-soft over EA any day. EA seems to produce games on an assembly line without caring if they are ready or not then slap their crappy DRM on them. They then expect us to be so happy to buy their junk. Better yet love to win the lottery and buy it myself. Well that won't happen.

LC is Me
8th Jan 2009, 00:04
I think the poster means simply that TRU was released even though clearly it was very buggy & glitchy, more so then AOD ever was. Other publishers will not release a game until they think it's a polished product even if it means a delay.:wave:

I still fail to see the "bugginess" of the game that would be anything serious.

A few bugs, maybe, but I don't have any idea what these many bugs and glitches everyone is talking about are.

And from my experience, it wasn't nearly as buggy as AOD.

I'm not speaking of you in any way, but I think most people are just trying to find bugs to whine about. I completely understand a situation in where you're playing the game and you happen upon one, but I honestly think people are just trying to find bugs. And if it were as buggy and glitchy as everyone says, I think the reviewers (you know, the ones that get paid to do their job) would be saying more as a whole.

josh1122
8th Jan 2009, 00:09
but I think most people are just trying to find bugs to whine about. I completely understand a situation in where you're playing the game and you happen upon one, but I honestly think people are just trying to find bugs. And if it were as buggy and glitchy as everyone says, I think the reviewers (you know, the ones that get paid to do their job) would be saying more as a whole.

I 100% agree with that statement :thumb:

crazyraider-147
8th Jan 2009, 00:22
Tomb Raider is being placed everywhere I feel like a unwanted orphan. :(

tiger
8th Jan 2009, 07:50

A few bugs, maybe, but I don't have any idea what these many bugs and glitches everyone is talking about are.

I'm not speaking of you in any way, but I think most people are just trying to find bugs to whine about. I completely understand a situation in where you're playing the game and you happen upon one, but I honestly think people are just trying to find bugs. And if it were as buggy and glitchy as everyone says, I think the reviewers (you know, the ones that get paid to do their job) would be saying more as a whole.

Glad you mentioned AoD, mate. ;)
Because I am one of the "lucky few", who never played AoD. . .
And since I could not play TRU, with that SM3 requirement, I decided to spend less then 10 USD for AoD, this Christmas.

Btw, for my PC system, TRA and TRL (normal mode) looked and played very nicely! :thumbsup:
So, I was really looking forwards to a superbly done TRU game.

But, here I am having a wonderful retro-game of Tomb Raiders AoD, right now. :)
(And Core Design working all the way up to a Build 49 seems to show that they must have really loved TR players, back then.) :thumb:

(So maybe let one CD, Core Design, manage another CD, Crystal Dynamics?) :D

kiss-bite
8th Jan 2009, 09:08

Good gosh you have got to be kidding me!!:D

No serious bugs, I had to start the game again during my first play through like many others. Just try doing the Mexico calender puzzle in a different order & you better rush to the gate opening otherwise it will close without being abled to be reset, so you can't continue. The motorbike spawns at different check points from Lara the list goes on. These are bugs you don't look for or want to come across & I just don't believe that nobody here has encountered them...stangely you don't hear about it here?

Check this thread out:
http://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=139555

AOD for all its downfalls never had bugs that stopped you continuing the game.;)

josh1122
8th Jan 2009, 09:15

No serious bugs, I had to start the game again during my first play through like many others. Just try doing the Mexico calender puzzle in a different order & you better rush to the gate opening otherwise it will close without being abled to be reset, so you can't continue. The motorbike spawns at different check points from Lara the list goes on. These are bugs you don't look for or want to come across & I just don't believe that nobody here has encountered them...stangely you don't hear about it here?

Check this thread out:

AOD for all its downfalls never had bugs that stopped you continuing the game.;)

Theres no doubt people ran into bugs, just like theres no doubt people(like myself) never ran into any of them either.

they kinda go hand and hand together people with bugs, people that dont have them, ya know :)

can have one without the other, just like cant have peanut butter without jelly lol :D

kiss-bite
8th Jan 2009, 10:00
Theres no doubt people ran into bugs, just like theres no doubt people(like myself) never ran into any of them either.

they kinda go hand and hand together people with bugs, people that dont have them, ya know :)

can have one without the other, just like cant have peanut butter without jelly lol
:D

Yuk! Peanut butter & jam turns my stomach. That's one of those US things I just don't get!:lol:

Well I'm happy for those who experienced no issues, most people I know have done to some degree, some not so serious bugs & some very annoying game spoiling bugs!

josh1122
8th Jan 2009, 10:01
Yuk! Peanut butter & jam turns my stomach. That's one of those US things I just don't get!:lol:

lol ok lets see then...ummm....its like cant have ice cream without sprinkles? :lol:

_Tomb_Raider_
8th Jan 2009, 10:35
Hmmm...lol :rolleyes: If you say so, not sure I agree with such a statement on gender power.:D My point was only that TR was taken from it's creators so under certain circumstances anything is possible.:wave:

:D :D :D I new what you mean I just wanted you now.....

LegendPT
8th Jan 2009, 14:19
no need for his hostility in general either and telling people to go to hell certainly isnt a good way to go around expressing ones feelings

Those are my feelings. Eidos just screwed their fans, period.

Atlantis3735
8th Jan 2009, 14:32

:lol: I'm with you on that one. It's about as odd as eating mustard, mayo and marmite all at once. :p

As for evading bugs, the only one I encountered on my first play through was driving off the top of Valhalla, hitting the bottom and losing the sound but not dying. It was well fun but I couldn't get it to happen again :(

josh1122
8th Jan 2009, 21:08
Those are my feelings. Eidos just screwed their fans, period.

If thats what you what to cling to then be my guest I suppose ;)

and @atlantis

eww that does sound nasty mustard,mayo,marmite :mad2:

LC is Me
8th Jan 2009, 22:00

Check this thread out:

Does it look like I'm kidding?
:)

I've never ran into that problem, except when playing the Wii version, and that spells it out for itself.

I'm not doubting the existence of the bugs.
I just think that some people are exaggerating.
It's not anything new to exaggerate about ANYTHING. Even a game's playability.
If you aren't exaggerating, than I'm not speaking of you.
:thumbsup: