PDA

View Full Version : Excalibur

Golden Laurel
2nd Jan 2009, 00:57
**Possible spoilers if you havnt finished the game***

Did anyone notice the sword that they ended up pulling out of the Dias at the end of the game, to get back to Nepal? Was that a different sword? Or was it Excalibur, If it was, How on earth did it get into Helheim? They said that you saw swords and stones every were, but what is there purpose? to kill wondering bystanders? We know that they were in the possessions of Kings..... :lol: I don’t know were im going with this, I just wanted to share my findings :D

Rachie
2nd Jan 2009, 01:05
Oh, I can answer this.

You know there are multiple swords, right? Well, that one at the end was the one Amelia used to get to Helheim, the very same one you see in the flashback in Legend. When Amelia got transported there, the sword went with her. When Lara went there, it was still in the dias because Amelia put it there in her fruitless attempts to get back to young Lara. So it wasn't Excalibur. Lara must have it elsewhere.

As to their purpose, I assume they have more than just to get into Helheim. Maybe the point was to destroy the Midgard Serpent? And any annoying thralls along the way? A different entryway other than going through the doorway with Thor's Hammer? I don't know. There could be many possibilities. All I know is that they didn't do very well, as all the people who have stumbled upon these swords and obelisks have been added to the thall's ranks.

But that's what I think they would be. Another key to Helheim, so to destroy the Midgard Serpent.

Golden Laurel
2nd Jan 2009, 01:21
Oh, I can answer this.

You know there are multiple swords, right? Well, that one at the end was the one Amelia used to get to Helheim, the very same one you see in the flashback in Legend. When Amelia got transported there, the sword went with her. When Lara went there, it was still in the dias because Amelia put it there in her fruitless attempts to get back to young Lara. So it wasn't Excalibur. Lara must have it elsewhere.

As to their purpose, I assume they have more than just to get into Helheim. Maybe the point was to destroy the Midgard Serpent? And any annoying thralls along the way? A different entryway other than going through the doorway with Thor's Hammer? I don't know. There could be many possibilities. All I know is that they didn't do very well, as all the people who have stumbled upon these swords and obelisks have been added to the thall's ranks.

But that's what I think they would be. Another key to Helheim, so to destroy the Midgard Serpent.

Oh, thanks Rachie :thumb: I 4got that Lara's mother toook the sword with her.... that explains alot, I feel so bad for lara's mother, being turned into a thrall and all, she must have been scared to death, and worried sick about Lara.....

And your probably right bout the Midgard serpeant thing...