PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else think Lara should go to North America

t-raider26
1st Jan 2009, 06:41
I think there should be a level of tomb raider in like New York, or LA, or Toronto, or like Vancouver or something. I dont think Lara has been to North America yet (im sure she but like not in a game though)

t-raider26
1st Jan 2009, 06:45
If you can think of anywhere else in North America post it in the thread. :)

Professor Black
1st Jan 2009, 06:52
I'd say an undisclosed location in Colorado/Arizona/New Mexico where she can raid a long lost pueblo indian cliff ruin, I think that would be more neat then some boring crowded city, but that's me.:D

t-raider26
1st Jan 2009, 07:00
Well a big city level could happen, the japan level was a big hit :hmm:

Professor Black
1st Jan 2009, 07:11
Like I said its just me, Japan might of been a big hit but it wasn't one of MY more liked levels. Though I would find a ruin more interesting than a city I wouldn't mind an urban setting occasionally, after all variety is the spice of life.

rg_001100
1st Jan 2009, 07:43
I dont think Lara has been to North America yet (im sure she but like not in a game though)

In TR3 [the game], she was in Nevada, and in TR5 [the game], she was in New York.

AdobeArtist
1st Jan 2009, 07:45
Bring her to Toronto. She can scale the CN Tower... and me :p

t-raider26
1st Jan 2009, 08:02
In TR3 [the game], she was in Nevada, and in TR5 [the game], she was in New York.

I completely forgot about that :mad: my bad, but it would be nice to walk around the city and stuff. My votes for Toronto

Bring her to Toronto. She can scale the CN Tower... and me :p
-.-

CAARaeed
1st Jan 2009, 09:28
i haven't read the whole thread - in a hurry - but i think a visit to some pre-columbian native civilizations would be nice...

qwerty
1st Jan 2009, 11:48
enyone else think lara should come to my home....

batotesic
1st Jan 2009, 13:19
I VOTED FOR ENGLAND CAUSE IT'S VERY CLOSE TO MY HOUSE.

and I'v seen Croft Manor when i was on vacation. It was so cool!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

<kidding>

BitShifter
1st Jan 2009, 14:18
Monteal, my home city.

Ben-Raider
1st Jan 2009, 15:52
I chose LA since she can get into a ruckus with the gangsters

AdobeArtist
1st Jan 2009, 16:13
I chose LA since she can get into a ruckus with the gangsters

Poor gangsters :rasp: :lmao: :lmao:

The_Underworld
1st Jan 2009, 23:06
Vancouver, Vancouver, Vancouver, Vancouver!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Lol

Cheese is nice.
1st Jan 2009, 23:11
LA, so that she can go to a Hollywood party in a dress at a mansion, and ends up finding a secret passage to an artifact.:thumb:

AdobeArtist
1st Jan 2009, 23:23
LA, so that she can go to a Hollywood party in a dress at a mansion, and ends up finding a secret passage to an artifact.:thumb:

I DO like that idea, but she could also do that at the Toronto Film Festival. Lot's of posh locations here that could have secret passage ways to ancient subterranean chambers :):)

Cheese is nice.
1st Jan 2009, 23:25
Just make sure she doesn't forget her dress!:D

MissJess
1st Jan 2009, 23:43
No Winnipeg? C'mon, she can come and spend some time with the Golden Boy! ;) :rolleyes:

GoLarago
2nd Jan 2009, 00:42
Vancouver

She could fight Big foot

RinoTheBouncer
2nd Jan 2009, 00:48
iRaq ... Of Course

italibabee
2nd Jan 2009, 05:21
this book.... (http://barronseduc.com/0764158171.html)
has a lot of places that i think she should go...sure there not tombs or temples but they could put tombs and temples in there...but yea theres quite a bunch in america
although i wouldnt want to see all her time in there....

o and if u do rent it get it buy it w/e i think when you look at the table of contents page theres a kind of glacier and has like some sort of glowy blue light...omg i love that one! she should go there!

but theres a lot of climbing places and stuff...:D
theres a lot of gorgeous amazing places ive seen in the book...

heller4u
2nd Jan 2009, 07:33
I actually like having a level where she is in a big city. Like in Japan.

I voted New York. :D

AdobeArtist
2nd Jan 2009, 08:22
italibabee, your TR:U video is awesome. Just great videography composition. I loved it :)

Cosmasia
2nd Jan 2009, 12:37
It wouldn't interest me personally as I don't really find North America interesting.

If she absolutely must it should just be something quick.
Then I'd prefer she'd go back to hunting down ruins and tombs around the world/doing her lovely thing :)

IvanaKC
2nd Jan 2009, 13:11
I think Los Angeles is good idea.
You know, beautiful evening dress, or casual. She could go buy some stuff like clothes and not always collecting rewards.

But I suppose we don't want Lara to be like Sims characters so....

botanicbubbles
2nd Jan 2009, 19:40
Newfoundland.

:)

I've yet to see Newfoundland in a video game.

JRod108
2nd Jan 2009, 21:13
Perhaps she can investigate various Native American ruins searching for clues as to the exact whereabouts of the Fountain of Youth which is rumored to be in Florida when the Spanish explorers tried to find it.

italibabee
3rd Jan 2009, 00:54
italibabee, your TR:U video is awesome. Just great videography composition. I loved it :)

thank you:D

t-raider26
3rd Jan 2009, 06:00
OMG I just remembered she was i Vegas too! Im such a idiot....-.-, either way, shes never been to canada.

crazyraider-147
4th Jan 2009, 01:03
unknown. :flowers:

laurel0lover
11th Jan 2009, 02:57
If I had to pick one it would be LA because Im from LA but otherwise I dont want her coming back to North America. I really liked the TR3 Area 51 thing, and climbing the red rocks in Nevada but she really doesn't have any business here unless it was to get a Native American artifact... or steal one from someone like she did in Japan. :scratch: <.< Off topic but imagine she went to hollywood and ran into angelina jolie XD lmao XD sorry that was random.:nut:

Wildcat2704
11th Jan 2009, 10:32
Just make sure she doesn't forget her dress!:D

LOL almost sounds like sims.....;)

Jonesy
11th Jan 2009, 11:52
Well, I don't know that if North America is the best location for Tomb Raider, but I do agree variety is great for these games, and I LOVED the Japan level in Legend.

How about LAS VEGAS? All that neon and roller coaster rides and fake monuments -- she could even climb around glitzed up, ersatz Egyptian and Roman structures! A little cheesy, perhaps, but visually it could be pretty interesting.

And you could certainly have gangsters and other enemies hanging out there, too.

rg_001100
11th Jan 2009, 17:48
How about LAS VEGAS?...

I think the bonus level of TR2Gold was set in Vegas...

LC is Me
11th Jan 2009, 17:54
She went to Nevada in TR3 and New York in Chronicles.
d:

rg_001100
11th Jan 2009, 17:56
^^Does that make her number of trips to America equal to her number of trips to Peru or Egypt?

LC is Me
11th Jan 2009, 18:33
^^Does that make her number of trips to America equal to her number of trips to Peru or Egypt?
I never said it did, now did I?

rg_001100
11th Jan 2009, 18:35
Well, I was just commenting that she's been to America 3x, which is more than she's been to most of the locations in TR, apart from Egypt or England/Croft Manor.

Jonesy
11th Jan 2009, 18:39
Well, North America is the nicest of the seven continents anyway, so it's okay she goes there so often... :D

LC is Me
11th Jan 2009, 18:43
Well, North America is the nicest of the seven continents anyway, so it's okay she goes there so often... :D

I beg to differ on that one.
No, I'm not hating on America. I am American.
But there are much nicer places to explore than in America.

RG: Ah, I see your point.
I really don't know how to respond to why she's been to America more.
I don't see why she's been to here more.
Not much interesting or raider-worthy for her to come and explore here, besides where she's been.

Jonesy
11th Jan 2009, 20:17
I beg to differ on that one.
No, I'm not hating on America. I am American.
But there are much nicer places to explore than in America.

RG: Ah, I see your point.
I really don't know how to respond to why she's been to America more.
I don't see why she's been to here more.
Not much interesting or raider-worthy for her to come and explore here, besides where she's been.

Obviously, I was joking.

From a tombs/catacombs standpoint, North America is rather shabby compared to the other continents.

pinkangel07
12th Jan 2009, 04:01
Where's the petition for Indiana?

Lara goes to the cornfields to uncover the secrets of UFO's!

Or soybean fields.... lmao...

So I pulled that out of nowhere.... back on topic!

I would like to see Lara in New York, or Chicago. Or Colorado.

Come to think of it, I'd rather have Lara in a natural setting than in a city. Kinda like Nevada.

There's Rocky Mountains, Smoky Mountains, Florida Everglades, Grand Canyon, Great Lakes Dunes area, Great Plains... (and Indiana cornfields... rofl)

Hahaha, that's awesome! ;)

t-raider26
12th Jan 2009, 04:57
Well, I don't know that if North America is the best location for Tomb Raider, but I do agree variety is great for these games, and I LOVED the Japan level in Legend.

How about LAS VEGAS? All that neon and roller coaster rides and fake monuments -- she could even climb around glitzed up, ersatz Egyptian and Roman structures! A little cheesy, perhaps, but visually it could be pretty interesting.

And you could certainly have gangsters and other enemies hanging out there, too.

She went to Las Vegas in TR2 Gold, Bonus Level called Nightmare in Vegas, it takes place in a high class hotel

CCarver
12th Jan 2009, 08:53
Lets send her into space!!!

t-raider26
15th Jan 2009, 03:44
She went to Las Vegas in TR2 Gold, Bonus Level called Nightmare in Vegas, it takes place in a high class hotel

OMG THAT WOULD BE SO COOL!!!!

AdobeArtist
15th Jan 2009, 04:32
Maybe she could face off against RainbowSix :lol: :lol: :p

Professor Black
15th Jan 2009, 06:20
She should go fishin' in Salmon, Idaho. That way she can pull my drunken rear out of the water.
Oh I can see it now...
Lara: Professor what the bloody hell were you trying to accomplish?!
Me: dijou see the size o' tha... wha', wha dijou ax me?:nut:

Space_Monkey
15th Jan 2009, 07:00
I loved the Tomb Raider 3 Area 51 setting. =)

The desert and all the things you had to do..was just amazing.

Like how you had to find the key for the TNT thingy to make the rocks go BOOM! :nut:

It would be nice to see something like tht..just different of course.

Dusk Knight
15th Jan 2009, 07:25
The southwestern United States might be interesting.

Not only for the natural scenery, but since Natla was buried out there, who knows what else might be.

annebelle86
15th Jan 2009, 09:49
only to recover some long lost relic or artefact from the indians... and not to ny or la or whatever...

when it comes to TR i don't find those big city's interesting!

CatexW
15th Jan 2009, 22:52
Hasn't she already been to New York and Nevada if I'm not mistaken?

Kaminari
15th Jan 2009, 22:57
Alaska in TR2 Gold
Las Vegas in TR2 Gold
New York in TR5
Nevada in TR3

I think we saw enough of North America. There are so many other places in the world to explore.

Paintedawg
20th Jan 2009, 16:38
She should go to the Outback of Australia!