PDA

View Full Version : what aod isn a tomb feelish game

Aminahveggie
29th Dec 2008, 15:46
people make exuses that aod isnt a tomb feelish game, but people forgot always this:

They like tomb raider 2! thats one of the favourites game from them.

why dont people make they eyes open? tomb 2 isnt a tomb feelish game either. offshore rig, opera house , diving area etc arent tombes! people are allways forgotten that, so dont lame about aod '' isnt a tomb feelish game'' if I hear that GRRRR

and LMAO why they want an remake of tomb 2. * make girly girl voice* ooee it isnt tomb feelish GAAAMEEEEE !!!! :mad2: :lmao: :mad2: :mad2:

Mr Croft
29th Dec 2008, 16:27
Maybe because it hasn't so many bugs and glitches.
And Paris, Prague (all city levels) are really different than the ones in TR2. It's like a RPG in AoD.

Aminahveggie
29th Dec 2008, 16:36
And Paris, Prague (all city levels) are really different than the ones in TR2. It's like a RPG in AoD.

no it isn about that. people found to much city in aod. but in tomb 3 are citys...

UFF I mean cmon, sometimes city is fun and it match with the game. its not always tombes!

Mr Croft
29th Dec 2008, 16:38
no it isn about that. people found to much city in aod. but in tomb 3 are citys...

UFF I mean cmon, sometimes city is fun and it match with the game. its not always tombes!

Yes, it is. You'll found most of the people saying that AoD has many bugs...

Aminahveggie
29th Dec 2008, 16:41
Yes, it is. You'll found most of the people saying that AoD has many bugs...

yes I know that. I found many bugs in underworld. My cd wass clean still sometimes in cutscenes is stuck. :( and I found bugs in aod. she falls over and again. ore her tail is weird. but I mean with this topic something else ;)

pinpal
29th Dec 2008, 17:08
Tomb raider 2 didn't have as many bugs, it was completed and lara had her Dual pistols. AOD is a good tomb raider game don't get me wrong but it just seemed like I was playing another woman because lara didn't have dual pistols:( and she was less acrobatic. So if a remake was to be made it should be AOD. That game had so much potential.:thumb:

rg_001100
29th Dec 2008, 19:19
why dont people make they eyes open? tomb 2 isnt a tomb feelish game either. offshore rig, opera house , diving area etc arent tombes! people are allways forgotten that, so dont lame about aod '' isnt a tomb feelish game'' if I hear that GRRRR

This is just proof that it isn't so much about location, but about the obstacles, the control and the challenge of the game. In TR2, the player has a smooth, natural control over the player which is far more than can be said of Lara. While Lara is walking about the city in AoD, there is not a great deal of platforming, or trap dodging; a lack of exploration compared to the urban/non-tomb areas in TR2 and TR3; the London levels of TR3 are TR, whereas the paris levels of AoD only have a bit of TR here and there. It's the same with TR2's maria doria levels, venice, etc. although they may not be tombs, they have the same trap-dodging, explorative, and platforming challenges that the tombs of TR1 had, that the cities of AoD lack.

AOD is a good tomb raider game don't get me wrong...
I would argue against this. :)

GoLarago
29th Dec 2008, 21:23
This is just proof that it isn't so much about location, but about the obstacles, the control and the challenge of the game. In TR2, the player has a smooth, natural control over the player which is far more than can be said of Lara. While Lara is walking about the city in AoD, there is not a great deal of platforming, or trap dodging; a lack of exploration compared to the urban/non-tomb areas in TR2 and TR3; the London levels of TR3 are TR, whereas the paris levels of AoD only have a bit of TR here and there. It's the same with TR2's maria doria levels, venice, etc. although they may not be tombs, they have the same trap-dodging, explorative, and platforming challenges that the tombs of TR1 had, that the cities of AoD lack.

I would argue against this. :)

:D Ha you are rightI forgot about that. Stuck in TR4 right now and so haven't played 2 or 3 in last 9 or ten months. That just proves that its the traps and platforming more than location that makes a TR game. Forgot about the city stuff in them. Dag it I ain't perfect anymore. It isn't always tombs. I do like the tombs and ruins best though. Aren't too many skeletons wandering the streets.:cool:

Jinnyskeans
30th Dec 2008, 00:44
when people say not tomb raidery enought i dont think they mean actual tomb exploring.
i think the mean the general atmosphere of the game.

aods 'atmosphere' and the actual tomb raider gameplay were all gone.
due to faulty controls laras abilitys felt of a low quality.

tomb raider 2 and 3 altho having city levels they still captured the atmosphere that made the original adventure so good.

Aminahveggie
30th Dec 2008, 18:09
yes , but there were a lot off locations removed because core wass rushed. there wass a lot of tombes but removed . you know unfinisshed:rolleyes:

but people Ive finnished all tombes not the linear way!

first I finnished tomb 2 than I began with aod! I didnt see the difference siriously! But Isaw the differince between legend and the classics!

rg_001100
30th Dec 2008, 18:20
yes , but there were a lot off locations removed because core wass rushed. there wass a lot of tombes but removed . you know unfinisshed:rolleyes:

"It's unfinished" still doesn't excuse what we got.

Ben-Raider
30th Dec 2008, 19:04
Opera house in tomb raider 2 was sort of a tomb wasnt it, usually opera houses are easier to get into than the one in tomb raider 2. and isnt the wreck of the maria dora a tomb? a tomb which was an old boat but is now on the sea floor incapable of movement which means its an underwater building. so there are tombs in the second one but not in the conventional mayan/egyptian etc type you are thinking of

josh1122
30th Dec 2008, 20:22

but people Ive finnished all tombes not the linear way!

first I finnished tomb 2 than I began with aod! I didnt see the difference siriously! But Isaw the differince between legend and the classics!

I don't see why you get so upset at people who do not agree with you and do not like AOD. Just because they do not like it, doesn't deteriorate your love for it,does it not?

I would hope not. Other peoples opinions on something(AOD in this case) shouldn't hold you back from liking it, which is a definite that you do. So you shouldn't be getting mad at the people who do not like it, its just their opinion and nothing more.

Like I love Parappa The Rapper, alot of people hate it but I don't care, that game rocks lol

GoLarago
30th Dec 2008, 22:33
I agree getting upset because your fav is not some one elses' fav is senseless. I hope that doesn't happen with movies and music. I personally hate rap with a hate beyond hate. I just simply choose not to listen to it. I'm not, other than teasing them if a friend, going to rag on it though unless you or they try to play it around me. this isn't the case with a game. Play what you enjoy but do not get upset if someone does.'t like what you play.

Please keep in mine sometimes peoples typing doesn't match what was said by their brain, and they don't catch it. Also sometimes they may not be able to put into words properly what they really mean. Please don't get upset. We are all hopefully friends who can disagree and still have fun doing it.

Aminahveggie
30th Dec 2008, 23:06
I don't see why you get so upset at people who do not agree with you and do not like AOD. Just because they do not like it, doesn't deteriorate your love for it,does it not?

I would hope not. Other peoples opinions on something(AOD in this case) shouldn't hold you back from liking it, which is a definite that you do. So you shouldn't be getting mad at the people who do not like it, its just their opinion and nothing more.

Like I love Parappa The Rapper, alot of people hate it but I don't care, that game rocks lol

why you judging me and say something to people which it isnt true about me? I have respect for others who has an other opinion seriously. but I heard from a lot of peoples that aod hadnt a tomb feelish locations , thats why I made this thread, becuz aod isnt the only who had an non tomb feelish location. and core said it self before " we wanted to tomb 2 that it liked at James Bond" ore something , just watch the second disc of anniversary of the limited edition! James Bond isnt tomb raider either! and josh I know why you think that about me, because in other threads I wanted that people would be happy and chance their opinions about aod, did you read good? I said WANTED! but not anymore and definitly not in this THREAD!!!!!! though It would be really cool if everbody liked all of the tomb raider games ( I dont like all of theim either) everbody has his own taste/opinion

jayjay119
31st Dec 2008, 17:37

TBH i din't have any bugs in my copy of AOD (OMG i have lost count of how many times i have said this now...seriously!) But i do take into account that A LOT of other people found bugs in theirs so that's mainly why it was ruined for them. The camera at the time the game was released in relation to the controls was a disaster but in the years that have passed since i have learn't to move the camer and the character at the same time and if you do this in AOD (allways keep moving the camera to behind lara) there isn't any problems.

I agree witht he whole AOD having urban environments meaning the game was crap being false; as, like above the same argument can be used for TR2. Like i said in another thread. Why does every artifact have to be buirried in soem tomb or lost world. Why can't some have traces in the modern world or be closer to it. For example the Lovre being built over the hall of seasons was Amazing and believeable to me. But if a museum is built on top of an old tomb i don't expect to be able to just find a trap door under the stairs leading to it. You have to work your way through...maybe blow a wall up here and there and this shows how Lara gets form A to B instead of just dropping us is a tomb with no explanation of how Lara got there as if she was merely walking into her local library...this is a theme TRU did well just with different architecture.

josh1122
31st Dec 2008, 23:38
why you judging me and say something to people which it isnt true about me? I have respect for others who has an other opinion seriously. but I heard from a lot of peoples that aod hadnt a tomb feelish locations , thats why I made this thread, becuz aod isnt the only who had an non tomb feelish location. and core said it self before " we wanted to tomb 2 that it liked at James Bond" ore something , just watch the second disc of anniversary of the limited edition! James Bond isnt tomb raider either! and josh I know why you think that about me, because in other threads I wanted that people would be happy and chance their opinions about aod, did you read good? I said WANTED! but not anymore and definitly not in this THREAD!!!!!! though It would be really cool if everbody liked all of the tomb raider games ( I dont like all of theim either) everbody has his own taste/opinion

woah now, what is your deal, i dont see how you took it as i was attacking you. lay off the sugar.

Since you obviously didn't read what I wrote you, I'll write it again. You like AOD(how is that not true about you?) and never said anything was wrong with that. But you keep getting worked up over people not liking it, which doesn't make sense because why should you care what they think about the game as long as you like it? After all, its just like what you said, their opinion.

That's what I'm saying, you got all defensive for no reason at all, which is why im completely baffled.

Aminahveggie
1st Jan 2009, 00:27
woah now, what is your deal, i dont see how you took it as i was attacking you. lay off the sugar.

Since you obviously didn't read what I wrote you, I'll write it again. You like AOD(how is that not true about you?) and never said anything was wrong with that. But you keep getting worked up over people not liking it, which doesn't make sense because why should you care what they think about the game as long as you like it? After all, its just like what you said, their opinion.

That's what I'm saying, you got all defensive for no reason at all, which is why im completely baffled.

If you didnt like aod, why you watching threads about it. and if you readed my comment good you will understand it. that PEOPLE open their eyes. and You dont understand me I thought you wass smart but now I see not! and WUHAHAH:lol: youre words didnt hurt me so what. just dont talk with somebody about it who havent the same opinion, becuz the discuss will never end ;) just watch my other thread were I dont talk about aod. becuz this thread is about tomb 2 tooo!

and this for people who whine about the location about aod. heloow tomb 2 is a sort of james bond :nut: which is far away tomb raider.

and I said I dont want to chance opinions youre idiot..... this thread is about something else not who is like aod. just that they open their eyes that aod isnt the only game with non tomb locations....AGAIN! If you didnt understand me just dont let an comment after ;) If you do I wont let a respond ,

and dont say my english is bad just watch good..!

josh1122
1st Jan 2009, 00:33
If you didnt like aod, why you watching threads about it. and if you readed my comment good you will understand it. that PEOPLE open their eyes. and You dont understand me I thought you wass smart but now I see not! and WUHAHAH:lol: youre words didnt hurt me so what. just dont talk with somebody about it who havent the same opinion, becuz the discuss will never end ;) just watch my other thread were I dont talk about aod. becuz this thread is about tomb 2 tooo!

and this for people who whine about the location about aod. heloow tomb 2 is a sort of james bond :nut: which is far away tomb raider.

and I said I dont want to chance opinions youre idiot..... this thread is about something else not who is like aod. just that they open their eyes that aod isnt the only game with non tomb locations....AGAIN! If you didnt understand me just dont let an comment after ;) If you do I wont let a respond ,

and dont say my english is bad just watch good..!

you literally make NO SENSE, not because of your grammar but because your attacking me for no reason at all. No need to call me an idiot or say im not smart just for saying, ''dont mind others comments because it shouldnt effect how you feel about a game'' which is actually a plus on your side from myself and just trying to help you out because these people who keep bashing AOD keep getting under your skin when they shouldnt be. Again, I see no need for your personal attacks against myself, when I did nothing to deserve any of them

GoLarago
1st Jan 2009, 01:09
So If I am understanding you correctly, you were saying that you thought because of the citys in both games it was ironic that many people that didn't like AOD liked TR2.? While I'll agree there are some similarities in location styles. They both have totally different feels to them. I don't even dislike AOD . I still play it. It just feels different. I do however enjoy TR2 much more. Happy happy Tombraidering.:thumb:

Aminahveggie
1st Jan 2009, 14:24
you literally make NO SENSE, not because of your grammar but because your attacking me for no reason at all. No need to call me an idiot or say im not smart just for saying, ''dont mind others comments because it shouldnt effect how you feel about a game'' which is actually a plus on your side from myself and just trying to help you out because these people who keep bashing AOD keep getting under your skin when they shouldnt be. Again, I see no need for your personal attacks against myself, when I did nothing to deserve any of them

:D okay, my apologize for attackting you! ;)

So If I am understanding you correctly, you were saying that you thought because of the citys in both games it was ironic that many people that didn't like AOD liked TR2.? While I'll agree there are some similarities in location styles. They both have totally different feels to them. I don't even dislike AOD . I still play it. It just feels different. I do however enjoy TR2 much more. Happy happy Tombraidering.:thumb:

my favourite tombraiders are tomb 2 and aod:) I like citys!

GoLarago
1st Jan 2009, 14:56
:

my favourite tombraiders are tomb 2 and aod:) I like citys!

Ok thanks Happy New Year!

jayjay119
2nd Jan 2009, 20:13

thats exactly the point:thumbsup: