lol

anyways i dont' own a PS3

but hey high definition of BSP?

then i'll buy the PS3 and along with the game

what can i say?

make it for the PS3:D

dark_angel_7
28th Dec 2008, 11:24
It could sell more but considering the genre isn't popular and casual enough for many gamers (I'm assuming many gamers these days are casual) they're actually saving more buy not making for PS3 and therefore focusing their efforts on the 360 and PC versions.

LORD BLACKFIRE
28th Dec 2008, 15:49
Not to mention the lack of voice chat usage on the PSN thanks to the fact that the PS3 does not come with a headset. I've heard many complain about playing multiplayer games on the PS3 and hearing nothing but silence.

It's bad enough on the 360 with people who either chose not to use their headsets or remain in a party, talking to people who aren't even in the room instead of us. If they don't talk to us we boot them out.

I'm really looking forward to BS:P since they supposedly will have symbols next to each person's name representing who has headsets.

I do feel for you though. There's been many a game I could not play because it didn't come out on the Xbox or my PC wouldn't run it. I'd look into saving up for a 360. Try to avoid the temptation to get the arcade unit. You'll want a hard drive with it eventually, esp. when BS:P DLC comes out.

Mushashi
28th Dec 2008, 17:09
but ps3 has free multiplayer
along with free updates
pretty much similar to the PC
and for multiplayer there is a gamepad for texting just like the PC version
and bluetooth headsets
you're just lucky cause pro and elite includes them

and i'm pretty sure eidos can make more profit if they make it for a variety of consoles

Arrow
28th Dec 2008, 17:47
PS3 does have free multiplayer, which makes it superior to the Xbox in that sense. I also have played Warhawk online on my dad's PS3, and I tell ya, I heard anything BUT silence - people were talking left and right about strategies, and I even laughed when I caught someone by surprise and blew 'em up - and it showed over the "radio". =P

That said, Eidos WON'T make more profit by sales. They may make revenue, which is the amount of money gained. Profit is the net amount of money gained or lost from the venture - so it may be that the cost of developing BSP for another console is simply not worth it, as the sales won't cover the production values. Neither you nor I are qualified to determine whether it will be profitable for Eidos to make a PS3 variant.

It3llig3nc3
29th Dec 2008, 13:06
Well yeah I remember we discussed the PS3 port earlier. It looks like BS:P is not going to be released for PS3. There was an "official" EIDOS statement about this a few months ago. Google it.

I agree with Arrow that creating a PS3 port could be a very costly exercise if the DEV team does not have prior experience - which is the case here. (BS:M was not developed for PS3). There might be sales, but for sure no profit.

Besides if you look at the 2008 Xmas season sales the PS3 seems to be extremely under performing vs. XBOX360 - which is a tendency I do not like at all, but facts are facts.

I own a PS3 but I only use it for Blue-Ray movies.

CaptHawkeye
29th Dec 2008, 14:03
but ps3 has free multiplayer
along with free updates

Xbox Live has free updates as well. Content is charged, but PSN also charges for content.

pretty much similar to the PC
and for multiplayer there is a gamepad for texting just like the PC version

Why would you bother texting when you have a microphone anyway?

and bluetooth headsets

Which you have to buy.

you're just lucky cause pro and elite includes them

and i'm pretty sure eidos can make more profit if they make it for a variety of consoles

Increased profit is not directly correlated to availability. The cost to adapt the game for the PS3 could easily ruin any hope of profit from the console. Especially if BSP still isn't a popular title.

Shamrock
29th Dec 2008, 19:23
Not sure where you get the PS3 clearly has the best visuals? As most multiplatform games look identical and a majority actually look and run better on 360.

Anyway they probably don't make the game for PS3 because it's the most expensive console to develop for and has the smallest userbase.

Sandy
30th Dec 2008, 06:07
Having worked with software companies and built computers for years and years, I believe you will find the reason for a smaller number of port overs from PC to the PS3 vs. the XBOX, is in the ownership of the parent companies, not which console is better then the other. XBOX being owned by Microsoft, producer of Windows and vast amounts of PC software, makes it comparably easy and less expensive for a software developer with a PC game. to port it over to a console built on the PC architecture code and standards set by Microsoft. Much more complicated and expensive an issue it is to do the same with the PS3, as much of the original PC game has to be re-written to comply with Sony's PS3 architecture code. Hope this helps. :)

chip5541
30th Dec 2008, 14:14
Increased profit is not directly correlated to availability. The cost to adapt the game for the PS3 could easily ruin any hope of profit from the console. Especially if BSP still isn't a popular title.

Not necessarily so. Take Eternal Sonata for example. Not a big 360 hit by any means and yet has been enhanced and released for the PS3.

Not sure where you get the PS3 clearly has the best visuals? As most multiplatform games look identical and a majority actually look and run better on 360.

Actually if the developers put a little effort into it the PS3 version does come out slightly better in the visuals. GTAIV and Burnout being 2 prime examples. As far as running better, again that is an issue of the developers not getting to grip with the PS3 and a lack of effort on their part. Frankly if a small house can make a game like Super Stardust HD which can have up to 10,000 individual asteroids, each having their own physics, at 1080P with no slowdown then there is no excuse.

Anyway they probably don't make the game for PS3 because it's the most expensive console to develop for and has the smallest userbase.

While I am not holding my breath, there has been some hints that it is not out of the question. After all, who would have thought Midway would come out for the Mac?

Polarshark
30th Dec 2008, 21:36
Not necessarily so. Take Eternal Sonata for example. Not a big 360 hit by any means and yet has been enhanced and released for the PS3.

Actually if the developers put a little effort into it the PS3 version does come out slightly better in the visuals. GTAIV and Burnout being 2 prime examples. As far as running better, again that is an issue of the developers not getting to grip with the PS3 and a lack of effort on their part. Frankly if a small house can make a game like Super Stardust HD which can have up to 10,000 individual asteroids, each having their own physics, at 1080P with no slowdown then there is no excuse.

While I am not holding my breath, there has been some hints that it is not out of the question. After all, who would have thought Midway would come out for the Mac?

i see that the mac will have no potential at all
i mean come on

people rather get BSP for ps3 than mac

anyways chip may be right

CaptHawkeye
31st Dec 2008, 02:34

Yeah, but jRPG fan-nerds are waaaay more numerous than Sim fans. They're honestly one of the most predictable fan bases around. I mean, they keep buying re-skinned versions of the first Final Fantasy to this day. :)

Their's really nothing to lose by tossing a jRPG onto any console, especially since they're so cheap to develop. Just throw a story in with lots of useless monologues, conspiracies, purpose of life motifs, and it'll be getting 8/10s from the journalists.