PDA

View Full Version : New BS:Pacific Article Up @ GamesRadar

LORD BLACKFIRE
26th Dec 2008, 17:06
http://www.gamesradar.com/pc/battlestations-pacific/preview/battlestations-pacific/a-2008121817135804088/g-20080229112558187078

This article went up on the 19th. I don't see it posted here. Sorry if old.

I like this part:
Other promised enhancements: attackers can target individual systems - a well-placed torpedo to the engine will slow a ship to a crawl; setting the ammunition magazine ablaze can spark a larger explosion.

Arrow
26th Dec 2008, 18:11
Is another enhancement "attacking the weak point for massive damage"? :lol:

Polarshark
26th Dec 2008, 23:35
all these articles are kinda similar

just wanna know when we're gonna get

the GOOD news

-multiplayer info
-release date
-system requirements
-etc.

Red October
27th Dec 2008, 01:56
He said he was controlling a single AA gun. was that literal:hmm:

Arrow
27th Dec 2008, 03:36
I really hope they keep the unlimited depth charges. I don't see much of a point in having a finite number of them. Maybe add a reload time so that you can't continuously drop them, but I still think they should be available when you need them.

battleshipman
27th Dec 2008, 05:48
I really hope they keep the unlimited depth charges. I don't see much of a point in having a finite number of them. Maybe add a reload time so that you can't continuously drop them, but I still think they should be available when you need them.

If you dont use them unless your hunting a sub then they will be there when you need to use them. Really what is the point uf having an unlimited number of depth charges at a map like coral? I serously doubt youd need every depth charge to sink one sub. Even if you did there would ony be one sub left vs 3 more dds, not to mention the planes could drop depth charges too.

Arrow
28th Dec 2008, 00:45
Then how many depth charges do you suggest? Ultimately I don't think it'll matter since, as pointed out, you only use them for submarines. On the other hand though, I don't want a DD to be rendered useless 'cause some idiot has discharged all the depth charges. >.>

battleshipman
28th Dec 2008, 06:23
Then how many depth charges do you suggest? Ultimately I don't think it'll matter since, as pointed out, you only use them for submarines. On the other hand though, I don't want a DD to be rendered useless 'cause some idiot has discharged all the depth charges. >.>

The only way it would be useless is if there was no airfield or other destroyers on the map. It still has sonar and would still be able to track the sub. And if the only reason to keep them unlimited is because of what some "idiot" may do with it, then there are a whole lot of changes that need to happen to this game. Lets start with the subs, I don't want some "idiot" launching torps like mad only to waste them all with bad aim, therefore subs torps should be unlimited. I also don't want some "idiot" in control of the airfield wasting all my teams bombers first thing, so it should have unlimited planes. Its an endless argument and I say if the torps have a limit on every ship that carries them why not limit depth charges? I think it would add a little more strategy to a game that really could use it when it comes to sub hunting.