PDA

View Full Version : Nightmare!

Dead-Eye
25th Dec 2008, 20:54
I had a nightmare last night and it was about Deus Ex 3.

Deus Ex 3 had finally shipped but it was not the Deus Ex 3 that I see here. It was much different. It was a horrible game. The plot consisted of USSR astronauts trying to go to space. You played one of the astronauts and the only RPG element was cutsenses between the player character and other astronauts. You had no control over what the player said. To make it worse the gameplay was basically a modern shooter where you fought one robot in the whole game. At the end you got in a spaceship and left for the moon. The only slight reference to Deus Ex was the astronauts had to ware nano suits much like in Crysis.

After beating the game in 5 mintuse... although it took 40 minutes because the cutscense where so long. I called up Edios Montreal. I was expecting to get a machine but I got an actual person. I didn't know why I called and so I asked the man who must have been a gamer himself from the sound of his voice "Is this Edios Montreal?"
"Yes."
"Do you sell any games?"
"Right now basically our only release is Deus Ex 3."

He said it so nonchalantly. I felt like telling him how much they screwed up. I was going to tell him everything wrong with Deus Ex 3. But after a short pause on the phone I said. "Thats umm...cool...Thank you." and hung up.

I looked down at the case of Deus Ex 3 and right next to it was Bioshock. It was almost symbolic I thought about it and said Bioshock sucked less then this. But taking into consideration that System Shock two was a classic and Bioshock sucked more but had better sales... Deus Ex 3 will be a hit because it sucks the most. In that I came to the realization that the hardcore gamer was dead.

At anyrate I don't think any of this will come true. I had a good feeling waking up and realizing that Deus Ex 3 is not that bad at lest from what I can tell of the plot and screens so far. Good luck EM and don't make the game from my dream I had last night.

Oh but anyone else feel like telling a scary Deus Ex 3 related story?

René
25th Dec 2008, 23:19
Weird dream, man!

NK007
26th Dec 2008, 00:25
This is a sign. You must take your own life.

Also, if you were actually so worried about a game you dreamed about it, ummm... I don't even know how to say it in words.

SemiAnonymous
26th Dec 2008, 00:34
Rene, tell this man he is dead wrong.

...please?

Dead-Eye
26th Dec 2008, 01:00
Also, if you were actually so worried about a game you dreamed about it, ummm... I don't even know how to say it in words.

I'm a die hard Deus Ex fan boy, so what?

Joseph Manderley's Corpse
26th Dec 2008, 01:04
Oh but anyone else feel like telling a scary Deus Ex 3 related story?

Uh.........no.

:nut:

NK007
26th Dec 2008, 02:01
I'm a die hard Deus Ex fan boy, so what?

Woah man, I wasn't looking for any trouble.

Digitaldruid
26th Dec 2008, 05:36

another word out of you and hes gonna add you to the NSF casualty list :lmao:

spm1138
26th Dec 2008, 06:24
Interesting.

What do you think the space flight means?

K^2
26th Dec 2008, 07:35
Rene, tell this man he is dead
I'm sure their black ops team has already been dispatched.

Rene, tell this man he is dead wrong.
Erm... I mean... Yes, there is nothing to worry about. Move along.

Unstoppable
26th Dec 2008, 08:05
This should come your fears. Most if not all of the people who worked on Deus Ex: Invisible War or rather those who made the major decisions that screwed it up, are NOT involved in Deus Ex 3.

Also the Deus Ex 3 team is loaded with talent when compared to that of Invisible War. Fear not and have a little faith. :thumb:

gamer0004
26th Dec 2008, 11:49
Also the Deus Ex 3 team is loaded with talent when compared to that of Invisible War. Fear not and have a little faith. :thumb:

So what you're basically saying is that everybody who made Deus Ex had no talent? BACK TO YOUR FILTHY GEARS OF WAR/BIOSHOCK FORUMS KID!
just joking ;)

Dead-Eye
26th Dec 2008, 19:44
In my dream the game was worse then invisible war.

El_Bel
26th Dec 2008, 23:50
I could explain your dream, Sigmund Froid like, but i want to get some sleep. Tomorrow.

IwantedOrange
26th Dec 2008, 23:52
In my dream the game was worse then invisible war.

Hard to believe...

Blade_hunter
27th Dec 2008, 06:35
I don't think the upcoming game would be worse than IW even with health regen and 3rd person autoswitch ...

J.CDenton
27th Dec 2008, 12:43
That dream reminds me that South Park Episode where George Lucas and Steven Spielberg are changing their movies into total craps.

You are just having huge expectations of the game since IW has been much disappointing. Let's the guys from EM release some screens and videos and we will know exactly what will come.

About nightmares...Well never had nightmares about Deus Ex but had that dream where I was wearing J.C Denton costume, running in the street trying to escape these mecanical cops with the voice of Gunther Hermann and as a background music was the End Title Theme from Blade Runner. I couldn't stop thinking about this dream during months (still thinking about it in fact) since it was so much great.

arajand
28th Dec 2008, 14:25
My nightmare was a true nightmare - dull grey disappointment instead of heart-crushing agony.

I am JC Denton. I am in my office. I walk upto to a datacube - but there is nothing to read, only a sort of a 'audiolog'. I have to listen to it. There is a lamp on the table, next to the datacube, but I cannot switch it on and off. I walk into a toilet and accidentally topple a shampoo bottle - it falls down and bounces off (physics and all). No Shannon but.

I come out and meet the secretary. But Janice Reed has nothing to say - I keep pressing the use button on her. But she has nothing to say. I am suddenly out on the streets of New York. It is broad daylight. People are walking on the streets - all very busy. I talk to an icecream vendor. He says "here you go". I try asking him about the political superstructure of the United States - nothing. But I can buy another icecream however.

In this way, I can only do things that will take me to the next segment of the game. In every other possible mode of interaction, I am met with absolute blankness. And I am given clear cut onscreen markers that tell me where to go exactly.

The levels are huge - but only in sheer size (like a big cube, instead of a small cube). There is no complexity. All the cool things are only to gaze at, not to be actually doing.

There seem to be a lot of places to go - but in reality there are only a few (like one, or two max)
There are lot of people - all looking like how they are, in those nice screenshots - only you cannot talk to any of them. You cant even shoot any of them, your gun is deactivated, or your arm is automatically lowered when you point it at them.
There are a lot of objects, but the only things that work in this world are the guns, your guns.

But everything looks cool and the story is good. But the music is so-so and I stop playing when the mid-game boss becomes a bit difficult to beat.

NK007
28th Dec 2008, 15:15
But everything looks cool and the story is good. But the music is so-so and I stop playing when the mid-game boss becomes a bit difficult to beat.

At least there's some challenge.

Jerion
28th Dec 2008, 17:04
I had a dream that I was playing DX 4. It was set parallel to DX 1. and it SUCKED. I would run around shooting things and my gun would spit crayons. I talked to somebody and I could only make weird guttural beeps. I quit playing for a minute to look at the box and it had the DX logo over a big purple '4'. I called up somebody named Rex Balen and they said that DX 3 hadn't been released yet!

I went back to playing the game and suddenly found myself wielding a rifle straight out of Star Wars: Republic Commando. I shot a greasel and it exploded inside out!

Spyhopping
28th Dec 2008, 17:56
These dreams are crazy!! Guttural beeps!?
I can't remember any dreams specifically about me playing DX, but I had one where I was in a futuristic dystopia type world that had the same sort of theme as DX. It was pretty epic and serious really, but lots of adrenaline

Anyone heard of lucid dreaming? When I was a child I used to be able to control my dreams (to some extent) and I was fully aware that I was dreaming. They could sometimes get a bit messed up but I would love to still be able to do it

spm1138
29th Dec 2008, 08:13
Three eight on the mark.

Mindmute
29th Dec 2008, 23:42
I had a dream that I was playing DX 4. It was set parallel to DX 1. and it SUCKED. I would run around shooting things and my gun would spit crayons. I talked to somebody and I could only make weird guttural beeps. I quit playing for a minute to look at the box and it had the DX logo over a big purple '4'. I called up somebody named Rex Balen and they said that DX 3 hadn't been released yet!

I went back to playing the game and suddenly found myself wielding a rifle straight out of Star Wars: Republic Commando. I shot a greasel and it exploded inside out!

This is exactly why you shouldn't have a big meals right before going to bed, fella ;)

jordan_a
30th Dec 2008, 10:14
Just when you think it won't happen... I dreamt about DX3. :D

I mean I was IN the game, talking with scientists in a futuristic labo, watching them opening doors and even memorizing the code "2244".

After that I came to the forum to post a thread but it was over. :rolleyes:

:nut:

-|°
30th Dec 2008, 21:57
I also had a DX-related nightmare. Two days before it occured, I was replaying DX1, just after meeting Dowd for the first time. Then, when MJ-12 troops arrived, I tried to get through without being seen... And it's impossible ! I tried everything, going back and forth through the sewers (a new soldier is spawned in there, on the bridge btw) and smuggler's hideout, but every time I'd come out on the streets, soldiers would spawn nearby and run to me without firing, even if I always had the cloak on (RunningTo Order ?) ! They weren't firing though. I ended up running to the chopper from the backway of Smuggler's hideout, but this time those troops chased me and fired O_o.

Well, in my nightmare, I was in this situation IRL, but in a greyish environnment (ala GoW from what I can tell from the screenshots). I was running low on bioenergy, didn't have anymore biocells.