PDA

View Full Version : Blood Omen Weapons

Linikratyo
23rd Dec 2008, 22:41
Which weapon did you like best?

RainaAudron
25th Dec 2008, 15:13
I like the SR most, with Flame sword second favourite.

The_Hylden
27th Dec 2008, 20:42
How about a new thread: which poll do you like best?:p

Flame Sword is the best, for most enemies. Spiked Mace is the best to feed with.

mort
28th Dec 2008, 18:16
best combo when killing mass amount (i repeat) is the axes and the flesh armour

spinny feeding all the way :P

tho when killing guardinas then SR + that card that gives you full power for a while is brilliant.

Escaton
29th Dec 2008, 00:49
The mace is my favourite since it's so all-purpose. I constantly cast magic so I rarely used the Soul Reaver - only on Azimuth, William and Mortanius.

Wonder what Kain did with his surplus weapons and armour after Blood Omen, presuming they weren't lost after his defeat. Imagining Zephon with a pair of axes and a suitably insane grin, I like to think the lieutenants inherited them.

Linikratyo
29th Dec 2008, 10:16
The weapon I most used was spiked mace, simply because it was very easy to kill humans with it :D

Ardeth Silvereni
29th Dec 2008, 12:04
The Flame Sword gets my vote. Both the Flame Sword and the Soul Reaver are very destructive in an over-the-top way and that makes them fun. The spinning attack with the axes is similarly effective, but it doesn't feel as dignified as using the swords. It feels odd to me to have Kain whirling around madly, so I don't do it often.

The Soul Reaver comes second to the Flame Sword because it requires so much magic to keep it effective. Also, it's a pain not being able to use magic or items with the Reaver equipped as it's a two-handed weapon.

The mace is probably the most useful weapon, but I didn't find it as satisfying.

Wonder what Kain did with his surplus weapons and armour after Blood Omen, presuming they weren't lost after his defeat. Imagining Zephon with a pair of axes and a suitably insane grin, I like to think the lieutenants inherited them.

The later games imply that the power of the Soul Reaver makes other weapons unnecessary. Although it was a bit awkward to use in Blood Omen, I expect that Kain decided he didn't need anything else.

The other weapons would have gone into storage or would likely have been distributed to vampires in Kain's Blood Omen 2 army. Stored well, they could possibly survive until the start of Kain's empire. If they were used in the fight against the Sarafan Lord, they were probably broken or lost.

One scenario I'd like to see is Kain, having just raised his Lieutenants, raiding an old store somewhere to equip them. I can imagine Raziel with the Flame Sword, for some reason. I've also missed the very messy Blood Omen spells/battle artifacts that have not appeared since. Flay, Implode etc. in modern 3D game graphics? Those could be excellent to watch if they ever got past the censors.

Escaton
29th Dec 2008, 20:10
Thanks for the theories. Not to seem sycophantic but my opinion is that your site is one of the best on the net.

Linikratyo
30th Dec 2008, 00:15
Thanks for the theories. Not to seem sycophantic but my opinion is that your site is one of the best on the net.

I agree, best theories and stuff........ ;)
The best LoK site in my opinion are: The Lost Worlds, Dark Chronicle and Nosgothic Realm.......

TheWatcher
30th Dec 2008, 02:55
Vote The Axes, just because they're so much fun.

I would have voted flame sword as it's nearly as powerful as the reaver, but it's drawback is that if you finish an enemy with it you can't feed. They just burn to nothing, and that always irritated me.

Mr Croft
30th Dec 2008, 13:07
Soul Reaver, because Lara Croft uses it to a tribute to LoK. (it's an extra sword; it's like Excalibur).

Ardeth Silvereni
30th Dec 2008, 13:19
Thanks! :) I've been pretty useless and haven't updated the site for a long time, but I'm glad people still like it.

I would have voted flame sword as it's nearly as powerful as the reaver, but it's drawback is that if you finish an enemy with it you can't feed. They just burn to nothing, and that always irritated me.
I see what you mean. I remember using the Flame Sword most against black-blooded enemies, when you couldn't feed from them anyway. It is my favourite, but I couldn't rely on it exclusively.

I probably use the mace or the iron sword for most of the game, if I'm honest. Plenty of opportunity to feed, plus use of magic/artifacts. I guess the Flame Sword is only practical long-term if you can get the 99 HODs from the Spirit Forge and rely on them for blood instead.